Has the CPJ era ‘Jumped The Shark?’

There are evidently some folks on StinGTalk that still believe we can recruit and line up with teams like Alabama with nothing more than a coaching change.

So long as the leadership of our school is gonna put the restraints on us, Paul Johnson is the best we can hope for.
Why can't I like this post more than once?

Paul Johnson's attitude that team psychology isn't his job responsibility needs to change. Coaches need to instill motivation. This team is way too talented to be performing like this. Look, I get it, we've had some injuries. Especially on the line and defense. Our ABs have looked like absolute öööö, OL play is getting worse partly due to injuries and shuffling, our special teams are inexcusable, our WRs are not ACC quality and give inconsistent effort at best, don't get me started on the defense. Player development is a major issue.

I don't think you guys are giving it enough gravity. It isn't just the phantom "leadership" (Hill) that puts shackles on us. It is the charter of the school itself. You'd have an easier time changing the Bill of Rights than changing our academic situation.

I don't think you guys are giving it enough gravity. It isn't just the phantom "leadership" (Hill) that puts shackles on us. It is the charter of the school itself. You'd have an easier time changing the Bill of Rights than changing our academic situation.
I think the progress and service ...in all sectors of society shoots your point to öööö.

Jumped the shark four years ago. Let's cut our losses now and fire that pompous ass.

SmartSelectImage_2017-11-04-21-32-31.png

Taquan was the only reason we were in the game. He is making the best he can with the completely stale offense we run. The 3O has gone from being a severe recruiting liability to a game liability also. Time for some changes, but it will not happen and we will continue to drift downward.
Wut? We might run away from UVA with a decent QB. UVA got their öööö kicked in their prior two games. Keeping us in a game doesn't win the game. I'm ready for a new QB. Marshall is fast. Put him at AB.

Quoted so you can't delete your idiocy in this post
You can quote it or tattoo it on your forehead. I don't care which. The truth is the NCAA doesn't give a crap if football players make fine citizens or can pass calculus.
If you want we can meet up and I'll tattoo it on your forehead for you. Just please remember my writing likely isn't the best out there.

AB'S ran the ball 6 times for 13 yards. TaQuan ran 29 times for 143, but one was a 78 yard run. He passed 6/22...horrible. And we left him in because he might make some sort of freelance run to win a game or maybe Jeune will catch one of the double covered long bomb throws.

Yeah, there's something seriously wrong with the way our offense is being pioneered when we throw it 22 times and the ABs only carry it 6 times.

AB'S ran the ball 6 times for 13 yards. TaQuan ran 29 times for 143, but one was a 78 yard run. He passed 6/22...horrible. And we left him in because he might make some sort of freelance run to win a game or maybe Jeune will catch one of the double covered long bomb throws.
good summation

You can quote it or tattoo it on your forehead. I don't care which. The truth is the NCAA doesn't give a crap if football players make fine citizens or can pass calculus.
If you want we can meet up and I'll tattoo it on your forehead for you. Just please remember my writing likely isn't the best out there.

I agree the NCAA doesn't care about these things, which is why GT's founding purpose makes it permanently disadvantaged

Our sidel
Paul Johnson's attitude that team psychology isn't his job responsibility needs to change. Coaches need to instill motivation. This team is way too talented to be performing like this. Look, I get it, we've had some injuries. Especially on the line and defense. Our ABs have looked like absolute öööö, OL play is getting worse partly due to injuries and shuffling, our special teams are inexcusable, our WRs are not ACC quality and give inconsistent effort at best, don't get me started on the defense. Player development is a major issue.
also, our sideline had zero energy. I don't expect CPJ to be Dabo on the sidelines, but he's got to figure out how to keep us from coming out flat. This "if you can't get excited, I can't do it for you" approach isn't working.

I agree the NCAA doesn't care about these things, which is why GT's founding purpose makes it permanently disadvantaged
Sounds like you can make the same decision I have. Quit supporting (financially) a school that only chooses to field a football team in order to subsidize the other sports it offers. That covers the entrepreneur part of that statement right? ;)

No. But... I’m going to ask CPJ before Jim does why do our QBs drop back leading with their non throwing shoulder then do a 180 to plant and throw??? Even in non play action pass plays.

Rolling a RH QB to his left is illogical but that's what we always do. It's bizarre.
That is the nature of Tech football. Why are you surprised?

Losing seasons 2 of 3 years isn't the nature of Tech football.

TM isn't great at running the offense. Jordan will have a hard time staying healthy once the defenses adjust to him. If there is an answer to save this season it will need to be someone we haven't seen.
Platoon the QB. Body shots with Matthew Jordan and haymakers with Lucas Johnson.

I did miss the 70s but was a sophomore on-campus when Ross's boys won a natty. Not since Bill Lose almost 23 years ago have we had 2 of 3 losing seasons.

Until now.

I get where you’re coming from, but I guess you gotta ask yourself if a couple bad seasons is a worthwhile trade off for a few ACCCG and Orange Bowl appearances.

Why do you have to trade off an Orange Bowl for a bad season. Is that acceptable?

Back