Has the CPJ era ‘Jumped The Shark?’

Not gonna lie, when Jeune came down with that 4&16 catch I thought we finally had one this year.

Little did I know it was GT maximizing my butthurt
Tech football fandom is being Charlie Brown trying to kick the ball Lucy is pinning 3 years out of 4 ...

Y'all simmer down now. We are 3 plays away from being a 1 loss team After seeing Vt tonight, we can win that game. Duke should be a win and anything can happen against the mutts.

Navy seems to be able to adjust with lesser talent than us. Are we incapable of adjusting?

Beats me! If I had the answer if it is the QB, coach, level of talent, level of opponent, or even the rain, I’d be a whole lot richer!

The ACC is much tougher now than when CCG was here. Plus fire CPJ, then the new guy has option players and needs to recruit his own guys so we are 5 years from 7-5. Let's see how next year goes. On a side note this years schedule was awful at UCF, Miami, Clemson, home vs Va Tech Georgia and a neutral Tenn game.

Meanwhile I'm paying to see UFC fighters wanting to make their dreams come true. I'm not paying for GT to subsidize their other sports.

Good thing we have 2 OL coaches. Maybe we should get a couple more with the way pass protection looked today.

Glad we got rid of the special teams coach a couple of years ago. Who really needs that when you have a special OL.

We won the National Championship then won only 1 game just 4 seasons later.

Seriously, who the F does that?

Georgia f-ing Tech does that! Most infuriating program in the country to follow. Our highs are as high as the mountain top and our lows are worse than the pit of Misery.

Pit of Misery, Dilly Dilly!!!

For the past three games, we have no identity on offense. Clemson smothered us, and with good reason ( that’s the party line, right? nfl line talent, defending national champs, etc), wale made us come from behind largely on Taquon scrambling, and uva made us a passing team (inexplicably).

Special teams is officially a horrible joke, given that harvin executed the last kickoff ( not going to expound on the pitiful prior kickoffs).

No continuity or identity, and the d is under tremendous stress each game. They are screwed no matter what... the offense can’t produce a lead or protect a lead when 3 and outs are the norm.

You decide where the change from this stasrts...I have a good idea, and I don’t see it happening anytime soon
56 posts in 14 years, GTpimp?

Kinda funny that this year the D is 'under tremendous stress'. So many times over the years we said, all we need is a decent D and we'll be Top 10 with CPJ's great offense.

Last edited:
This team has no clue how to finish a game. So glad I didn’t waste my time watching the entire game. It’s becoming predictable what will happen at the end.
Why did you waste your time posting on this board? Ain't nothing more predictable than fan butthurt after a loss.

There are evidently some folks on StinGTalk that still believe we can recruit and line up with teams like Alabama with nothing more than a coaching change.

So long as the leadership of our school is gonna put the restraints on us, Paul Johnson is the best we can hope for.
Just out of curiosity, what restraints are you talking about? Being a STEM school? A 'Calculus for Businessmen' requirement? As I understand it, the administration has given CPJ more and more of the 'exceptions' he's asked for, because he's shown that he's serious about academics.

Yeah, there's something seriously wrong with the way our offense is being pioneered when we throw it 22 times and the ABs only carry it 6 times.
Don't you have to (try to) take what the defense is giving you? If they're not defending the pass, you gotta throw the ball and catch it. Getting all the one-on-one matchups with Jeune is UVA saying, we dare you. They dared us, and we failed.

Sometimes watching TQM throw the ball is like watching Tim Tebow's handicapped cousin throw the ball. On one of his throws he literally threw himself to the ground as he threw the ball. It was crazy.

Going into today's game, TaQuon had zero interceptions and we were second to last in the country in sacks allowed percentage.

Just out of curiosity, what restraints are you talking about? Being a STEM school? A 'Calculus for Businessmen' requirement? As I understand it, the administration has given CPJ more and more of the 'exceptions' he's asked for, because he's shown that he's serious about academics.
Do we really have to debate whether GT has more stringent academic requirements than Clemson, Miami, F$U or even UNC?

Do we really have to debate whether GT has more stringent academic requirements than Clemson, Miami, F$U or even UNC?
Gotcha — "Everybody knows" Tech is the toughest school in the world.

I was curious what you were referring to because it sounded like you were blaming the administration for handcuffing the program, and I'd like to identify the handcuffs so we can remove them. But now it doesn't sound like you think there's anything to be done.

Both are more of a function of how seldom we pass than passing accuracy or pass blocking.
That's true for interceptions, but the sacks stat is a percentage, so it should account for passing rate. We're at 17%, for 129th in the country. In 2014 we were around 5% for 53rd in the country. So its not just the option.

I have a few problems with PJ. 1) Why must every pass play, whatever the situation, be a 30 plus yard heave when 7-8 yds will move the sticks. 2) when Benson is looking to the sidelines for a breather why doesn't he put in Jerry Howard? 3) after we went up 28-13 why didn't we go back to our bread and butter. We were finally finding success with the B dive and QB follow and all of a sudden we start chunking the ball again. Our OL is not playing well right now and defenses are pinning their ears back and attacking the LOS. Ted is going to have to find a way to help our very average DB's by getting some pressure on the QB. UVA would have run us off the field if they hadn't dropped a gazillion passes.

Back