Here’s the Thing

I would need to see a doctor for an erection lasting more than 4 hours if we hired this guy.

ml.jpg

Whoever the next coach is needs to come from the CPJ coaching tree.

I’m going to be mad as hell if we get a coach who doesn’t run the flex
I'd rather bring back Bill Lewis than do this, whether he is dead or not.

Willie Fritz, crapernick, Chad Morris, Calvin, beyonce, Bobby Cox, kevin spacey & harvey weinstein as co HC, Harbaugh, CTR,

Remember that you are a bunch of p*****s before making coaching decisions

Whoever the next coach is needs to come from the CPJ coaching tree.

I’m going to be mad as hell if we get a coach who doesn’t run the flex

Don’t want to be a douche about it, but I definitely disagree with this. We have let the master give this offense a good run here. He has had some great seasons and some stinkers. When his time is done, it will be time to see what else is out there for Tech. If we’re perennially ranked and challenging for ACC championships year in and year out then I would not feel this way, but we are not. We’re just above average in the ACC and are limited by the path we have chosen. People who think this is as good as it gets are just wrong.

Don’t want to be a douche about it, but I definitely disagree with this. We have let the master give this offense a good run here. He has had some great seasons and some stinkers. When his time is done, it will be time to see what else is out there for Tech. If we’re perennially ranked and challenging for ACC championships year in and year out then I would not feel this way, but we are not. We’re just above average in the ACC and are limited by the path we have chosen. People who think this is as good as it gets are just wrong.
To carry your point a little further, there really is a reason that basically only the service academies run this type of system. I don't deny he has had success, and Tech is not the same as all programs, but the system (and to a degree, his personality) do limit things a bit.

Consider that there is a ton of major talent in the metro area (and a lot of those kids could handle the academics at Tech), and due to the system, among other things, very few of these kids consider Tech. Frankly, most kids who have aspirations of football after college don't want to play in this system on either side of the ball. Sure, winning an Orange Bowl was great, etc. , but since 2009, he is 55-45.

I will leave it up to each person as to what seems acceptable for Tech football. But it seems that 6-6 is as likely, or more likely most years than 9-3

Back