Here we go again. Conference expansion

That’s official for the Big 12 death.
Agree if this is true, my understanding is if they go below 8 members, they are no longer have enough members to be considered a conference (NCAA rules) and that is a break of the TV contract and GOR becomes void. If this happens, I really wonder if ESPN is pulling the string on this as I doubt that Kansas adds 50 million in value even with their basketball. ESPN pays BIG to take Kansas. This is all conjecture on my part and if proved the rest of the Big 12 have a lawsuit coming vs ESPN, but moving the TX and OU early and some type of legal settlement with the rest of the Big 12 may make $$ sense.

My sources tell me it is actually Kansas State. Sometimes people get confused between the two Kansas schools

While possible that would be a surprise. Kansas is an AAU school where Kansas State is not. Kansas is also the larger school with the larger endowment. I wonder if the Kansas Board of Regents would force the B1G to take both schools?

While possible that would be a surprise. Kansas is an AAU school where Kansas State is not. Kansas is also the larger school with the larger endowment. I wonder if the Kansas Board of Regents would force the B1G to take both schools?

Only if they want both schools left out.

I'd love to see a poll that asked
"Do you think SEC poaching of Texas and Oklahoma was dirty?"
1 Very 2 Somewhat 3 A little 4 Not at all

Notre Dame's home opener will be exclusively on Peacock. Article suggests it's testing the waters for ND's streaming worth.

This smells like a disaster not unlike the Brady Quinn draft watch.
Brady Quinn Handles Draft Day Free Fall With Class // UHND.com

If this goes the way I think it might ND could not only lose their TV contract negotiating position; but also their leverage in joining a conference. Granted the ACC and B1G would still love to have them; but may not be willing to give them such a sweet deal. Obviously I am skeptical that even ND fans want to start a streaming service just to watch ND vs Toledo. If it was the bulk of the ND season then sure; but just for the Toledo game?

Isn’t Peacock free to Comcast subscribers? (I’ve never watched it.). That would be a good chunk of people that could already see the game.

How common is it for ND to play somebody as unappealing as Toledo? Maybe it’s just not worth showing on NBC?

JRjr

This smells like a disaster not unlike the Brady Quinn draft watch.
Brady Quinn Handles Draft Day Free Fall With Class // UHND.com

If this goes the way I think it might ND could not only lose their TV contract negotiating position; but also their leverage in joining a conference. Granted the ACC and B1G would still love to have them; but may not be willing to give them such a sweet deal. Obviously I am skeptical that even ND fans want to start a streaming service just to watch ND vs Toledo. If it was the bulk of the ND season then sure; but just for the Toledo game?
I don't even watch the entire NBC network during football season

I know all those BIG schools’ fans are beside themselves to get to see Kansas football. I know I can’t wait to watch Kansas take on Rutgers.

I know all those BIG schools’ fans are beside themselves to get to see Kansas football. I know I can’t wait to watch Kansas take on Rutgers.

If they can effectively kill of KSU, then Kansas might field a respectable team. If they can find another Mangino, they can be a good team.

Describe to me any way that adding Kansas doesn't dilute the Big Ten or any other conference. You can't. Same with the rest of the Big East....oh I meant Big 12.

Describe to me any way that adding Kansas doesn't dilute the Big Ten or any other conference. You can't. Same with the rest of the Big East....oh I meant Big 12.

Dont poke too much fun, we are one poaching exercise away from being just like them!

Back