Here we go again. Conference expansion

You do realize if Clemson and FSU left then that ship is long gone, right?

Big 10 is in as deep of öööö as we are if OSU gets poached. At that point it's every man for himself. We need to be positioned to be in the next 20 teams, which I think we are. But personally I would like the non-SEC teams to get together and split from the SEC. Set rules for competition that make sense, including restoring amateurism, and play for a non-SEC national championship and let the SEC play for their "national" championship.
That’s my point. The ACC as a football league presents a bunch of matchups no one cares about. The NC school fans could largely GAF about football and that is the center of the conference. Outside of FSU, Clemson, VT, Miami, and us playing each other, the ACC has no matchups anyone cares to watch. Even when teams like unc and Virginia are good that is true. That is the difference in ACC v SEC football.

That’s my point. The ACC as a football league presents a bunch of matchups no one cares about. The NC school fans could largely GAF about football and that is the center of the conference. Outside of FSU, Clemson, VT, Miami, and us playing each other, the ACC has no matchups anyone cares to watch. Even when teams like unc and Virginia are good that is true. That is the difference in ACC v SEC football.
ehh, they don't really care about GT either, let's be real

We care about GT.

I wonder what's the SEC rules to expel a member. Or maybe they are happy about the fodder.

Well, sure, it adds interest to play your neighbor's team. But the "I don't care about VT" rant is a bias of being on the edge of the core for GT vs the center. The ACC core of 7-8 teams is much tighter than the SEC. Hell, I bet Wake is closer to GT by car than UGA is to anyone but USC. We border 7 schools while UGA only 6. ACC not splitting geographically was a mistake but iiwii.

The ACC had the tightest core of any conference, and it did not result in football obsessed fans like the SEC. The difference is in what the alumni had to be proud of. Only Vandy fans are honestly and legitimately proud of their academics, and they dgaf about football. The biggest football stadiums in the southern ACC are the worst academic schools.

The sidewalk fans are a similar story, but they are fickle as hell. If UGA ever had a run like Tennessee you would see things go sour quick. Pretty easy to slap a Falcons sticker over the G. Worst thing for them would be if the Falcons ever got good.

ehh, they don't really care about GT either, let's be real

We care about GT.
Yeah, I meant to include an asterisk there for that reason. When we play those other schools we aren’t the primary draw. But because of us those games are usually interesting games people will watch. Much better than any of those teams vs. Wake, BC, etc.

Very well informed sources have revealed that the ACC will merge with the WWE.

"Mr. McMahon has always been interested in running a football conference, and many of the ACC clubs are in markets that have hosted major WWE championships. Furthermore, the WWE staff is uniquely positioned to lead the college football industry in name, image and likeness development."

"It will really help recruiting, since most high school athletes are big fans of WWE stars. Under the plan, there will be a special WWE event during halftime of every ACC football game, and the annual ACC championship game and Wrestlemania will be held at the same venue during a three day athletic festival."

The new league, The "WEAK," or Wrestling Entertainment And Kickoffs, will use the WWE's broadcast partners, leaning heavily on pay per views. Annual payouts to all ACC schools are expected to be around $110 million dollars per year. "Mr. McMahon said the ACC's current broadcasting arrangements were 'insulting,'" according to highly placed insiders.

The Universities of Texas and Oklahoma announced they will scrap their plans to join the SEC in order to become members of The WEAK. "We've enjoyed our time in the SEC," a Texas official said. "But, nothing lasts forever, and teaming up with The WEAK is definitely in our best interests."

SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey decried the move. "You can't trust anybody anymore," he said. But McMahon's office said The WEAK would not take any other SEC schools. "Mr. McMahon believes The WEAK must maintain its academic standards," the source confirmed. "Plus, we just don't see any advantage in going into rural venues."

I wonder what's the SEC rules to expel a member. Or maybe they are happy about the fodder.
I don’t know what the SEC rules are about expelling members but I know @05GTCorndog has been extensively lobbying for the expulsion of Wake Forest for the last couple of weeks with his new “öööö Wake Forest” campaign.

I don’t know what the SEC rules are about expelling members but I know @05GTCorndog has been extensively lobbying for the expulsion of Wake Forest for the last couple of weeks with his new “öööö Wake Forest” campaign.
I wish the SEC would figure a way to get Wake out of the ACC

öööö Wake. Complete dead weight. 5,000 student school with no fan base and no history. Kick them to the curb.

öööö Wake. Complete dead weight. 5,000 student school with no fan base and no history. Kick them to the curb.
Wake was smaller than SPSU when that was an independent university, to put it in perspective

Back