Housing Policy......................................

oldgoldbee

Flats Noob
After the GT game with UVA was over, I switched over to the Missouri vs the Dwags game pulling
really hard for Missouri to beat those inbreds! During a lull in the game a picture of one of
their Student Athletes was shown with a comparison to another player from Missouri . The
Missouri player's Major is Business Administration whereas the Georgia scholar's Major
is Housing Policy.

What in the hell is a Housing Policy Major?!!!???

Brock Bowers was in the same class with my son at UGAY last semester last year. The dude NEVER showed up for class. Not once but he was listed. Another lineman (Mims) was also in one of his working groups. He came to class maybe 3 or 4 times. This was in the spring when they’re not even playing. Seither was listed as one of the kids in his business group in one of his business classes this fall but was a no show because he transferred to GT lol.

Brock Bowers was in the same class with my son at UGAY last semester last year. The dude NEVER showed up for class. Not once but he was listed. Another lineman (Mims) was also in one of his working groups. He came to class maybe 3 or 4 times. This was in the spring when they’re not even playing. Seither was listed as one of the kids in his business group in one of his business classes this fall but was a no show because he transferred to GT lol.
You need to facilitate the communication between the NCAA and your son.

You need to facilitate the communication between the NCAA and your son.
In the larger classes they do have students/staff taking attendance outside for the athletes but in some of the smaller ones it’s obviously not happening. He lurks on this board so if he wants to chime in he can… and yes he’s a diehard GT fan in that cesspool in their business school which is pretty good.

Must have been teleworking.

These types of stories are common even at the highschool level lol. Nothing new.

After the GT game with UVA was over, I switched over to the Missouri vs the Dwags game pulling
really hard for Missouri to beat those inbreds! During a lull in the game a picture of one of
their Student Athletes was shown with a comparison to another player from Missouri . The
Missouri player's Major is Business Administration whereas the Georgia scholar's Major
is Housing Policy.

What in the hell is a Housing Policy Major?!!!???

And he only carries a 3.2 GPA. Couldn’t they find somebody with a better story?

…in their business school which is pretty good.
No, it’s not. It’s poorly ranked and poorly recruited. Average starting salary is $35k per year less than Tech and average offers per student is less than 1. The only people who say it’s a good school are 1) people who went there, 2) people in denial who are trying to accept the failure that their child goes there, and 3) people trying to be nice when you tell them they their child goes there.

It’s never too late to transfer.

No, it’s not. It’s poorly ranked and poorly recruited. Average starting salary is $35k per year less than Tech and average offers per student is less than 1. The only people who say it’s a good school are 1) people who went there, 2) people in denial who are trying to accept the failure that their child goes there, and 3) people trying to be nice when you tell them they their child goes there.

It’s never too late to transfer.
This. Ours is much better.

This. Ours is much better.
I wasn’t making that comparison - that’s obvious. It objectively it’s a bad school and a very poor investment. Even if uga is free, it’s not worth the time commitment.

I know people don’t want to hear it - they didn’t get into a decent school so they desperately want to believe that uga is “a good alternative.” It’s not. It’s predatory how they feed off the desperate kids / parents who want to be believe they’re above average. The kid and parents go $50,000 in debt when they could have made more money as an HVAC apprentice.

I have one guy who works for me with a uga business degree. He graduated, couldn’t find a job, then went to Georgia State for a second BS. From there he found a job.

Careful... the BOR will slash your tires.

Michael Adams (uga president at the time) explained what uga’s missions is when he argued for their “engineering” program. He literally said that Georgia Tech produces students who command too high of a salary and that the state needs uga to produce “low cost engineers.”

Do you really want to go to a school with a mission to graduate people who make low salaries?

Michael Adams (uga president at the time) explained what uga’s missions is when he argued for their “engineering” program. He literally said that Georgia Tech produces students who command too high of a salary and that the state needs uga to produce “low cost engineers.”

Do you really want to go to a school with a mission to graduate people who make low salaries?

Even that was B.S. Tech makes more money on research than the entire SEC made on its ESPN TV deal that year. Tech's research and business interests are now a substantial chunk of Midtown Atlanta's GDP. He was jealous of the $$$ and was lying through his teeth when he said they'd never come ask for more state money for facilities.

The time to take Tech private was yesterday.

uga to produce “low cost engineers.”
Anecdotal, to be sure, but a friend of mine’s kid did not get accepted to UGAg and instead currently is a CE frosh at GT. I couldn’t get my head around that.

Even that was B.S. Tech makes more money on research than the entire SEC made on its ESPN TV deal that year. Tech's research and business interests are now a substantial chunk of Midtown Atlanta's GDP. He was jealous of the $$$.
Yes, and uga now gets a cut of all state research grants.

Meanwhile the “engineering” graduates make $55k per year with a 65% hire rate while GT graduates make $85,190 with nearly 100% hire rate.

Anecdotal, to be sure, but a friend of mine’s kid did not get accepted to UGAg and instead currently is a CE frosh at GT. I couldn’t get my head around that.
It’s pretty common for schools to decline students who are too qualified (students who clearly will go to a better school). It keeps their admission rate down. Lots of students learn this when they try to use uga as a safety school.

Not too long ago I took a deposition of a person who testified that they currently work for Target while looking for work in their field of study. When I got to going through their education, it came out that they had an engineering degree from uga. I chuckled and said, “I guess I know how that worked out for you.” It pissed off the witness and the other attorney.

Back