I’m Done

johncu

Dodd-Like
This is the first time in my entire life I’ve felt so negative about GT football. I spent over 20 years driving 3 hours to nearly every home game over 3 different coaching tenures, and I always had hope - even in the lowest times. We were almost always competitive, and I can count on one hand the number of times I saw us quit on the field. So much for that.

We are the worst program in all of P5, and I’m not sure it’s close. I saw it coming 4 games into his tenure when we had back-to-back embarrassments, losing to Citadel running the 3O and then getting shut out against Temple, but I soldiered on like a good fan. Now it’s impossible to ignore - we are an embarrassment in every sense. We are unathletic, undisciplined, horribly coached, and top it all off with showy gimmicks like Money Down and lifting on the sidelines.

I never thought I’d say this, but I’m not watching again this season unless we fire Collins.

Honestly, I never thought I'd be for firing a coach mid-season, or not actually watching Tech play, but im right there with you

I come into so many of these games with very low expectations, and start to second guess myself that I'm being too pessimistic, then the game happens and I realize I was actually too optimistic.

Thought today would be about a 45-10 type game.

I come into so many of these games with very low expectations, and start to second guess myself that I'm being too pessimistic, then the game happens and I realize I was actually too optimistic.

Thought today would be about a 45-10 type game.
It's honestly crazy how bad our results are, and it isn't this gigantic talent gap, it's 100% coaching.

Back