Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

If what I'm hearing is right, this story is about to take a major turn.

My buddy on the inside at F$U was told that Boo Corrigan cast his vote for Alabama over F$U as a joke thinking it was a dry run and fully intended to change it when the final official tally was taken. Apparently, the committee took 6 "dry-run" votes before the official tally sort of like how things are done in a jury room just to see where everybody is and to get used to the process.

My buddy on the inside at F$U was told that Boo Corrigan cast his vote for Alabama over F$U as a joke thinking it was a dry run and fully intended to change it when the final official tally was taken. Apparently, the committee took 6 "dry-run" votes before the official tally sort of like how things are done in a jury room just to see where everybody is and to get used to the process.

FARK.com: (10982660) Epstein's estate making shady, secretive payouts ...

This sounds like a joke itself. Color me extremely skeptical.

Two things are for certain here;
1). Corrigan is so stupid he couldn’t see how
his vote hurt the league and the team he
works for. But that is typical ACC logic
2). Phillips is a milk toast commissioner who
Is out of his league when it comes to
Supporting his programs

The funny thing is at least one of the things the playoff was supposed to do was eliminate the possibility of something like an undefeated team from a power conference being left out again. Somehow we went backwards.

Going forward, we'll mostly be talking about 2-loss teams getting "screwed" so I don't really think we'll see anything like this again, but it's a pretty bad way to end the 4-team model.

I also just think the premise behind excluding them is absurd. What if Michigan's QB got badly hurt in the 4th quarter against Iowa and the backup came in and went 0/4 with two interceptions? Would it be valid to exclude them from the playoff because they "aren't the same team" anymore?
There will absolutely be 1-loss teams getting "screwed".

A good point with the hypothetical though. Here's another possible twist. Say that situation happens in the future and now the "Michigan" in the scenario doesn't even pass with their QB at all, just does hand offs/wildcat the rest of the time.

Next year FSU is in without question.

Had it been any team other than Bama, FSU was in this year. So it’s not SEC worship, it’s just a bigger fan base eating the dinner of a smaller fan base. ESPN thinks Bama will drive more eyeballs and revenue than FSU.
And that's why TV should have no say-so whatsoever in the decision

Had it been Miss State or Ole Miss, then yes it would have been pure SEC preference. But it’s really just acknowledgement that Bama is the biggest name in the sport regardless of conference.
Except until Bama beat them ESPN considered the mutts would do that.

Was Auburn left out when they hadn't lost a game? Did leaving Auburn out mean there were no SEC schools in the playoffs?
Most of the nation doesn't even know who Auburn is. That's not a put-down of Auburn, but they just don't have the name recognition that Bama does.

So, what does your "reliable source" have to say these days?

Yall keep hating on FSU for their shenanigans earlier this year, but you do realize that this only validates them, right? They were right to want to GTFO.
I’ve been hating FSU for awhile. Can I keep hating them?

So why was he so wrong about the rumor that started this thread?

I don't remember a whole lot of outrage from anyone other than Auburn fans. This was before "SEC mania" took over. They were just another conference. And you had an undefeated USC and Oklahoma that year, so somebody was getting left out and those 2 were still the big powers. There was some talk of a split title if Auburn impressed in their bowl game, but they didn't. They beat Virginia Tech 16-13 and that was that. Like I said above, though, I'd claim it in retrospect if I were Auburn.
There wasn't initially as Oklahoma and usc were touted as two of the best teams in the history of college football, Oklahoma specifically. They each had 2 players at the heisman ceremony. It was after USC pantsed Oklahoma that it started. And this was the beginning of the SEC öööö, they coalesced around auburn getting left out and it's when the SEC chants started, and these goobers started living vicariously through other teams in the conference

So, what does your "reliable source" have to say these days?
Lobbying Rick Scott for congressional oversight, hope is subpoena uncovers a breach of contract to terminate either GOR or basis for suit of ESPN or NCAA, either way law firm has been retained by FSU. ACC is friend at the moment, but might be on the receiving end before this is all said and done. FSU already has a plan for breaking GOR.

Lobbying Rick Scott for congressional oversight, hope is subpoena uncovers a breach of contract to terminate either GOR or basis for suit of ESPN or NCAA, either way law firm has been retained by FSU. ACC is friend at the moment, but might be on the receiving end before this is all said and done. FSU already has a plan for breaking GOR.
Good. Blow it all up. The sooner the better

I don’t think FSU not making the CFP has anything to do with FSU in the ACC, I think it has more to do with their QB going down along with their offensive production. I think they should have made it on their defensive performance. Didn’t Louisville avg 30+ point a game during the regular season?

Back