I blame Radakovich...

BuzzFeitenSystem

It’s Raining BigCrys
Who’s saying we currently have more talent than army rn? Lol

you think we could almost beat Michigan in overtime??

johncu

Dodd-Like
Why 50 year table?

Maybe you should shut the öööö up because you have no concept what a great "TEAM" is.
I picked 50 because it's a long time. You can go all the way back to Dodd and the point still stands.

Why would someone belittle major accomplishments of their team? I hated watching Chan's offenses and was glad when he was gone, but I've got fond memories of some of the big wins and even acknowledge that he was a better coach than most of us gave him credit for. He recruited Calvin Johnson and an incredible 2007 class that was the cornerstone of the 2009 ACC title.

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
What always gets me is how the talent level of the service academies is so low that they have to run the flexbone but it is the greatest military in the world. Imagine if the academies recruited 5 stars out of Georgia, Florida and Texas. We would have the greatest military in the galaxy.
I would say something but I would be accused of racism.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I would say something but I would be accused of racism.
I picked 50 because it's a long time. You can go all the way back to Dodd and the point still stands.

Why would someone belittle major accomplishments of their team? I hated watching Chan's offenses and was glad when he was gone, but I've got fond memories of some of the big wins and even acknowledge that he was a better coach than most of us gave him credit for. He recruited Calvin Johnson and an incredible 2007 class that was the cornerstone of the 2009 ACC title.
No he wasn't.
If Chan had enough sense to just line Calvin Johnson up the The Wildcat, he would have averaged 4-5 yards per carry most of the time. We certainly would have beaten WF in the ACCG. Very few coaches could have done less with one of college football's greatest receivers on their roster.

Last edited:

18in32

Petard Hoister

If I were you I'd tune all this baloney out. People complaining about the good times CPJ brought us are not people it is possible to speak with rationally on an anonymous internet sports forum.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Honestly I think we’re a Braun, Adams, Cooper, and Lee away from looking at 3-2 or 4-1 and every other thread being a breakdown of what needs to happen to win the Coastal. We lost 3 possible All ACC linemen plus a serviceable guy in Lee on a team that couldn’t afford to lose linemen.

Add those guys in and our rush defense is probably average to go along with an above average pass defense. And suddenly teams have to respect the run with Braun pancaking fools.

You can blame the previous regime for not having enough OL on the roster. I think that’s a very reasonable criticism. But when you lose your 3 best returning linemen to go along with those graduating, you’re going to struggle.

BuzzFeitenSystem

It’s Raining BigCrys
Honestly I think we’re a Braun, Adams, Cooper, and Lee away from looking at 3-2 or 4-1 and every other thread being a breakdown of what needs to happen to win the Coastal. We lost 3 possible All ACC linemen plus a serviceable guy in Lee on a team that couldn’t afford to lose linemen.

Add those guys in and our rush defense is probably average to go along with an above average pass defense. And suddenly teams have to respect the run with Braun pancaking fools.

You can blame the previous regime for not having enough OL on the roster. I think that’s a very reasonable criticism. But when you lose your 3 best returning linemen to go along with those graduating, you’re going to struggle.
Signing just 6 o-lineman in the past 3 classes gotta hurt

got 6 already for 2020

User 10337

Radakovich really played the long game on us.

(1) Hire a talent killer coach at GT.
(2) Get wins vacated and get GT on probation by not cooperating with investigators during a joke NCAA witch hunt over $300 worth of clothes.
(3) Leave shortly thereafter like a thief in the night to our primary ACC Rival.
(4) Build some of the best facilities in the country at Clemson.
(5) Support Dabo’s ascension to one of the premier coaches in football, while helping establish Clemson as a perennial juggernaut who has 2 national championship rings and counting.
(6) Laugh at GT every Saturday, meanwhile Clemmons beats us by playing all players on their roster, plus the water boy.
(7) Profit
You missed saddling us with lots of debt obligations. But pretty spot on

76tornados

Dodd-Like
What always gets me is how the talent level of the service academies is so low that they have to run the flexbone but it is the greatest military in the world. Imagine if the academies recruited 5 stars out of Georgia, Florida and Texas. We would have the greatest military in the galaxy.
If we get another war with a draft then maybe they will be.

Longestdays

Flats Noob
So much wrong with the OPs post... you can’t fix stupid.... but I’ll try.

APR is the primary nail in the coffin. For those less studied, APR says you must advance to a degree to play (not take all the easy classes). Funny how this times in with CPJ. Stanford and GT have very little in common.

Number 2 is money and may be number 1 even though 2019 looks like number 2. Last in spending in the ACC! Did you know GT spends more than Stanford... not really. Get that GT is last in spending into your thick skull and ask your wife if she likes the zirconium in her ring.

Number three is the last AD! It was like we hired you to run our football program. I take that back, he was even worse....

I’ll give you Sewak as number four. CPJ should have fired him, but who could he afford to hire? I’ll never know what could have been because CPJ could not fire his best friend.

If you think GT is a recruiting power house, look at what the Basketball coach purchased with his bagmen.

CPJ is not a perfect person, but the man took FCS teams to championships, took navy to new heights, and did as good as any GT coach has done with an APR anchor tied around his neck. And you think Collins is better in what way? Recruiting? Show me the money. Coaching matters! I did not expect to win this year, but I did not expect GT to lose this badly.

bpjacket

Semper Fi
I said six years because that is the year that a coach’s fifth year seniors are his recruits. The class we signed last Dec-Feb were recruited by Johnson. I think next year’s schedule is going to be a killer. The hope is that UCF is in decline. If not, playing ND, UGA and UCF is tough. By year three we should see some improvement. But, I think our situation is analogous to the Curry years. We were better in year 3, took a step back in year 4, were better in year 5, but the first really outstanding team and first bowl was in 1985 - year six. Of course, early on Curry was playing Bama, ND, UGA, Auburn, Florida, and Tennessee - at least four from this six each year.
This years UCF team has had some injury probs - and a true freshman quarterback. They will be much better next year and only lose a few seniors.

rosebud

Armchair theologian
Height/weight requirements of army officers is most stringent of any other service. I’m 6’1, couldn’t be over 205. Lots of former west pointer fb players were in my Infantry officer basic course, they could be overweight during season but then had one month to get back to standards. This is also why navy will continue to crush army, they are allowed to be way heavier and allow for muscle vs fat ratios.