I have some more coaching news

WTF is that?!?! Hopefully just him trying to show that his focus is 100% on the National Championship. If he doesn’t come, then it would be major hype deflation at this point.

Don't understand why everyone is freaked. From what I'm reading he denies he has had an interview or any contact. That's a normal denial for a coach whose been communicating through a 3rd party (agent). What's he going to say if the cat wasn't supposed to be out of the bag yet?

Don't understand why everyone is freaked. From what I'm reading he denies he has had an interview or any contact. That's a normal denial for a coach whose been communicating through a 3rd party (agent). What's he going to say if the cat wasn't supposed to be out of the bag yet?

Maybe. It seemed more of a categorical denial to me than it really needed to be. But you could be right.

Tom Herman on Nov. 25, 2016: "Don’t believe anything that you read," Herman told ESPN about the coaching rumors before Friday's game against Memphis, adding that the reports are "absolutely" false.

Tom Herman on Nov. 26, 2016: "The opportunity to come back to Texas is a dream come true for me and my family, and I can't thank President Fenves and Mike Perrin enough for providing me with this incredible opportunity."

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/...denies-contact-with-georgia-tech-for-job.html

Brent Key is denying any contact with GT and says he doesn't even know where the rumors came from. This is not your typical non- denial. My hype is deflating somewhat

2utdDYI_d.jpg

Tom Herman on Nov. 25, 2016: "Don’t believe anything that you read," Herman told ESPN about the coaching rumors before Friday's game against Memphis, adding that the reports are "absolutely" false.

Tom Herman on Nov. 26, 2016: "The opportunity to come back to Texas is a dream come true for me and my family, and I can't thank President Fenves and Mike Perrin enough for providing me with this incredible opportunity."
Reunited with that Asian masseuse.:coffee2:

key is coming here lol, do you guys think he'd seriously say anything right now unless he wanted to be left off the bus to the game by saban?

I'd be pretty surprised if he doesn't end up coming. I suppose it's always possible Bama significantly sweetens his current deal, though.

I think Saban likes rotating staff every so often. If anything, to prove he wins with his system. Wouldn’t phase Saban one bit to lose any coach, I’d guess.

Wasn’t it GOL who said ‘we will win with you, we will win without you” to a recruit?

“That’s obviously where I went to college and where I played ball but, man, I don’t know where those came from -- where the rumors came from but I’m here at Alabama,” Key said Saturday morning in San Jose as part of Alabama’s media day for the CFP championship. “I have not accepted the job at Georgia Tech. It’s all about these guys and what we’re doing right now.”

To me, that last sentence says he's coming.

Whoever leaked that Key was coming is an enemy of our program. Any fool knows Saban was going to come down hard against distractions like this a few days before playing for the title.

This reads like he is coming here

“I played there, so that’s not a surprise by any means. But I’m here with these guys, I’m working on this game,” Key told BamaOnLine. “We’ve got a game Monday night, and just like I wouldn’t talk about the next team before I played another team. I’m just focused on these guys, focused on Alabama and ready to go play this one.”

Looks almost like a post 3 above this one.
But it isn't. The one 3 above he says he hasn't accepted the job. The other says he isn't looking beyond this game, but contains no denial, just that he doesn't want to look at the next "game".

He could just say "I am not going to Georgia Tech" if he really wanted to slam that door shut

But it isn't. The one 3 above he says he hasn't accepted the job. The other says he isn't looking beyond this game, but contains no denial, just that he doesn't want to look at the next "game".

He could just say "I am not going to Georgia Tech" if he really wanted to slam that door shut
I meant both quotes from him make it sound like he's coming.

I think you're getting hotter.........O'Leary + Friedgen + thwg = Lake Oconee
O'Leary and Friedgen left in 2002
thwg joined in 2003
TStan and O'Leary are very tight

Hmmmm......
thwg.JPG

Hate to bust your balloon, but Beamer has a home on the same cove.

Back