I have some more coaching news

You just gave me a new idea. Bare with me. It might be blasphemy (still better than TQM ugay love). It's raw and needs work I'm sure. I'm also sure you old farts are gonna whine:

Tech should partner with one of the car manufacturers to create a new "Wreck"- not an Italian made super sports car, but a GT-made super sports car made with students involved. We can still drive both on the field. Or maybe we can switch. Whatever.
Nope.

You just gave me a new idea. Bare with me. It might be blasphemy (still better than TQM ugay love). It's raw and needs work I'm sure. I'm also suyou old farts are gonna whine:

Tech should partner with one of the car manufacturers to create a new "Wreck"- not an Italian made super sports car, but a GT-made super sports car made with students involved. We can still drive both on the field. Or maybe we can switch. Whatever.

Lol... Alums would go on a purge on the GT administration

You just gave me a new idea. Bare with me. It might be blasphemy (still better than TQM ugay love). It's raw and needs work I'm sure. I'm also sure you old farts are gonna whine:

I will punch you

The dude that replied to Wolken's extremely warm take reminds me of that one Tech-related handle that threw out a negative stat about recruiting as if it was supposed to be some positive spin. Some people are just better off not posting

The new Wreck.

410BpV4MsrL._SX425_.jpg

Yeah.....no. I’m already practicing for the öööö fit I plan to throw when the sjw’s infecting Tech try to switch out the RR’s Ford engine with a pos electric motor.

I don't understand how the 2007 recruiting class happened??? What do you do with that data point, skeptic nerds? Did we get a magical jubilee from all our 'limitations'? Did a fairy godmother visit our coaching staff that year? A data nerd looks at '50 years of data'. A successful person looks at that data point that is an outlier of success, and says, "Okay, how did that happen and how can we repeat it?"

A year or so before, CCG was "encouraged" to get rid of a coach that was either the R/C or similar to that. CCG had hung onto this guy for too long out of loyalty - disregarding what was best for the program ( no, it wasn't sewak).

The previous guy's claim to fame was a great sense of humor. Big deal.

They hired another guy that knew what he was doing.

SO, I asked around. Was hanging with some of the the 07 class over New Years in ATL.

I'll tell you how the 07 class happened. Remember Kyle Jackson? The Ambassador?

Who do you think coined that term and strategy? CGC

The strategy was to get key recruits and have them sell the program and recruit themselves. At the allstar game, they all ended up playing together, loved each other, and decided to all stay home in GA and go to Tech.
This is what I remember hearing about that class. They kept in touch and recruited each other.

A year or so before, CCG was "encouraged" to get rid of a coach that was either the R/C or similar to that. CCG had hung onto this guy for too long out of loyalty - disregarding what was best for the program ( no, it wasn't sewak).

The previous guy's claim to fame was a great sense of humor. Big deal.

They hired another guy that knew what he was doing.
Dave Wilson. And it wasn't that he was a bad recruiter. He was great with Jackie Sherril at Miss St.

The problem was he was a stay-in-your-lane we-cant-compete-with-the-big-boys guy. Sound familiar?

We did okay with plenty of diamonds in the rough, but it put a ceiling on us.

Once we changed that strategy, gc and gs reeled them in. Another thing lost in the Chan hatred was he was absolutely money when he got inside a home.

Back