I have some more coaching news

I don't. He was .600 at a G5 school. Name another G5 coach who won 60 percent of his games at a lower level who later went on to win at a better clip once he was promoted to a P5 school.

Y'all can knock me for being pessimistic but y'all are the gullible ones who are eating up this guy's bullshit. He's a used car salesman and I'm afraid he's going to put up Bill Lewis numbers here. But we'll see.

I was pretty much in this camp until the Brent Key hire. Cautiously optimistic now, and at the very least, CGC deserves a chance to get a season or two in before we skewer him. Probably going to be a rough 2019 and 2020 (especially given our schedule in'20), but come 2021, we'll see.

I’m hyped -I really don’t understand why, if you’re a GT fan, you wouldn’t be. Prior to CGC, I’ve never heard another head coach taut the positives of academics at Tech (maybe Curry). It’s seemingly always been an underlying deterrent.

There is no doubt Tech is one of the finest academic institutions in the country -and if I’m honest I’ve played up the academics/limited majors/Calculus argument -and I’m a UGA grad.

Get on the hype train -let’s see what happens. If recruiting can improve just marginally then GT should at the least contend in the Coastal year-in-year-out.

Last edited:
I don't. He was .600 at a G5 school. Name another G5 coach who won 60 percent of his games at a lower level who later went on to win at a better clip once he was promoted to a P5 school.

Y'all can knock me for being pessimistic but y'all are the gullible ones who are eating up this guy's bullshit. He's a used car salesman and I'm afraid he's going to put up Bill Lewis numbers here. But we'll see.
Let me guess, you wanted to hire Whisenhunt. That hire would have been worse than Bill Lewis.

CGC and his excellent recruiting staff are going to recruit talent that as Stansbury said in the presser "...can stand toe-to-toe with the guys on Clemson's sideline." It will take 3-4 years. But he will win big.

You can clearly choose to be pessimistic if you like but how about just keeping it to yourself? What motivates you to continue to post stuff like this? Are you a miserable person not really a Tech fan? Did someone get your hopes up once and hurt you?

As has been detailed numerous times, if you
go back and take an objective look at the Temple team he took over you will see the huge holes in the roster. They have not been able to replace the QB
who graduated the year before and even though their current starter did better, and Temple fans seeem to think he should have been the QB all along, I didn’t see anything to be excited about in the bowl game. You can blame him for not finding a replacement but, as we might find out, it’s not easy in the short term if the guy isn’t already there. But to claim someone is a used car salesman after being pursued by Saban and being DC at two SEC schools is actually a pretty stupid statement.
He took his cousin to prom.

I don't understand how the 2007 recruiting class happened??? What do you do with that data point, skeptic nerds? Did we get a magical jubilee from all our 'limitations'? Did a fairy godmother visit our coaching staff that year? A data nerd looks at '50 years of data'. A successful person looks at that data point that is an outlier of success, and says, "Okay, how did that happen and how can we repeat it?"

I don't understand how the 2007 recruiting class happened??? What do you do with that data point, skeptic nerds? Did we get a magical jubilee from all our 'limitations'? Did a fairy godmother visit our coaching staff that year? A data nerd looks at '50 years of data'. A successful person looks at that data point that is an outlier of success, and says, "Okay, how did that happen and how can we repeat it?"

Didn't the hill allow a record number of exceptions that class? I seem to remember that being talked about.

Sewak to Key

That has to be in some record book for biggest improvement made on a coaching staff in history

giphy.gif

SO, I asked around. Was hanging with some of the the 07 class over New Years in ATL.

I'll tell you how the 07 class happened. Remember Kyle Jackson? The Ambassador?

Who do you think coined that term and strategy? CGC

The strategy was to get key recruits and have them sell the program and recruit themselves. At the allstar game, they all ended up playing together, loved each other, and decided to all stay home in GA and go to Tech.

Urban Meyer to answer your question

Used car salesman? That usually implies someone is shady and untrustworthy. Where have those traits been shown to be true in his tenure?

He also really good Xs & Os coach too. You won’t find a better coaching job than he did at UF in 2015 where their offense was nonexistent and still won 9games

Last edited:
Opposite of me. I want nothing more than some flashy Italian sports car with a GT license plate and screaming exhaust to drive to BDS for football games. 1 in 6 are millionaires and it’s time people show it.

Edit - maybe that still makes me an asshole, but at least I’m high on my team.

You just gave me a new idea. Bare with me. It might be blasphemy (still better than TQM ugay love). It's raw and needs work I'm sure. I'm also sure you old farts are gonna whine:

Tech should partner with one of the car manufacturers to create a new "Wreck"- not an Italian made super sports car, but a GT-made super sports car made with students involved. We can still drive both on the field. Or maybe we can switch. Whatever.

Back