I have some more coaching news

Disagree, there is a subset of the fanbase that are miserable öööös and öööö on everything that happens to GT regardless of coach. There were people sitting around me during the Gailey years that would öööö on our players for the entire length of every home game, regardless of how we were actually doing on the field.

Yeah you’re right, it’s more than just them. Are those types even fans at that point?

I was thinking top 30 would be pretty good, but top 15, WUT??? My hype thrusters are burning up!

On second thought, this dude is getting set up to fail.

I have a very good feeling he’ll end his career at Tech better than .580 or .579.
I don't. He was .600 at a G5 school. Name another G5 coach who won 60 percent of his games at a lower level who later went on to win at a better clip once he was promoted to a P5 school.

Y'all can knock me for being pessimistic but y'all are the gullible ones who are eating up this guy's bullshit. He's a used car salesman and I'm afraid he's going to put up Bill Lewis numbers here. But we'll see.

I don't. He was .600 at a G5 school. Name another G5 coach who won 60 percent of his games at a lower level who later went on to win at a better clip once he was promoted to a P5 school.

Y'all can knock me for being pessimistic but y'all are the gullible ones who are eating up this guy's bullshit. He's a used car salesman and I'm afraid he's going to put up Bill Lewis numbers here. But we'll see.
So much big cry!

Dabo seemed used car salesman too but it seemed to work

You can clearly choose to be pessimistic if you like but how about just keeping it to yourself? What motivates you to continue to post stuff like this? Are you a miserable person not really a Tech fan? Did someone get your hopes up once and hurt you?

As has been detailed numerous times, if you
go back and take an objective look at the Temple team he took over you will see the huge holes in the roster. They have not been able to replace the QB
who graduated the year before and even though their current starter did better, and Temple fans seeem to think he should have been the QB all along, I didn’t see anything to be excited about in the bowl game. You can blame him for not finding a replacement but, as we might find out, it’s not easy in the short term if the guy isn’t already there. But to claim someone is a used car salesman after being pursued by Saban and being DC at two SEC schools is actually a pretty stupid statement.

How many times per week do you get pegged by your wife?

Please do NOT call 1-800-273-8255

I agree. It might be an engineer thing, a lot of engineers I know act like this. Even those that didn't go to Tech.

You guys are going to go through life, thinking Tech fans act like this, and they're cheap, because they're smart, or engineers. I want you to know, from the bottom of my heart, that that's not true. It's because they're assholes.

For where this program stands (beat up from a marketing perspective overall and in desperate need of both defensive moxie and talent), we couldn't have asked for a better staff. The cherry on top is ripping a coach from Lord Saban for a near lateral move, even if he's an alum. Keep in my mind, too, this is the same dude (Key), who Lord Saban reshuffled his coach's deck to make room for.

You can keep a wait in see approach, if you like, but man, I think CGC absolutely slayed this hiring process. There's reason to be legit excited.

You guys are going to go through life, thinking Tech fans act like this, and they're cheap, because they're smart, or engineers. I want you to know, from the bottom of my heart, that that's not true. It's because they're assholes.
Opposite of me. I want nothing more than some flashy Italian sports car with a GT license plate and screaming exhaust to drive to BDS for football games. 1 in 6 are millionaires and it’s time people show it.

Edit - maybe that still makes me an asshole, but at least I’m high on my team.

i dunno why you guys are so upset. being a gt fan is 75% pessimism.

This hire could pay twofold for us. I have no clue if they'll be able to snag him or not, but word on Bama sites is that they'll probably throw whatever they can at Sam Pittman (UGAg OL coach and great recruiter) to get him. That would be sweet if our homerun hire also is a detriment to the dwags.

Agreed. Looks like a staff full of closers. Extremely happy that we've gone all in on building a top tier recruiting staff.
SpiffyHatefulAntlion-size_restricted.gif

Nothing wrong with being a skeptic. I'm not completely convinced that the turbo recruiting strategy will work either, but at least we will know for sure in a few years. I can't imagine a better coaching staff for testing the hypothesis that we can get top recruits at Tech despite the academic challenges. Let's look forward to settling the debate once and for all, and I'm impressed enough by these coaches to believe we won't be much worse off regardless.

I think a lot of interest is going to be on this year's game. I'm not expecting a miracle, but I want to see us compete and make it a game going into the 4th qtr. If we can close the gap and do that, that will turn a lot of heads in the state and build some momentum going into year 2. BTW, if we ever want College Gameday to come for COFH, we need to go back to the SEC. Right now, they always go to the Iron Bowl or Michigan-Ohio State because those games are conference games with the winner usually going to the conference championship game.
Psssh if you have two P5 undefeated or playoff contenders going at it they will go to that game.

This year’s game will be interesting but It wouldn’t have long term implications of the type of game I’m forseeing.

a lot of good coaches struggled in their first two years at various schools. I agree it’s cause for concern but disagree that it’s cause for paranoia.
See: Saban at Michigan State.
See also: Frank Beamer at Murray State

I would’ve preferred saying different and going with Monken but if Patenaude can bring back his Coastal carolina magic and Collins gets Calculated Chaos going on D alongside recruiting this could work out well and there’s nothing wrong with being excited for that.

Last edited:
Back