I hope CGC remembers this game...

Sims grew up a TON in that second half. You'd expect him to get frustrated because Pitt took away his ability to run in this game, but he moved the ball well in the second half with his arm in the face of a lot of blitz pressure. I'm excited to see him get a deep dive learning the offense better in the offseason and to get a weapon like Gibbs back after an offseason of strength and conditioning.
Sims did play a solid second half. Made some much better decisions and kept plays alive (like the TD throw to Deveney).
But we have got to protect him better. He's escaped/evaded a lot of sacks all year. But he's taken some big time hits too.

A 5-5 Pitt team just had the smallest guy on the field run for 250 yards against us.
Maybe Collins needs to be pissed about that.

and at this time of the year, everybody's missing guys. some are missing more than others, but Pitt had guys out tonight too, including the Weaver kid at DE who is likely first team all ACC.

I get the feeling Narduzzi (who is abysmal at clock management) will remember the look away handshake at the end of the game for a long time.
He can keep remembering it when our team reaches its potential and he's still reliant on crooked ACC officials to reach a bowl at a öööö hole like Pitt.

Our WR’s outside of Camp this year have been disappointing. I was at the game with a mix of friends who are fans/alum of Bama and Auburn and even they commented how our receivers drop balls that are gimmes. And the whole going for the strip why the RB picks up an additional 10 yards is hilarious. That was an epic fail tonight on defense. Pitt left 3 wide open TD’s off the board because our DB’s don’t know their assignment and lack any speed. Those are the same mistakes and issues we had against UCF and Syracuse and they still haven’t been addressed.

Our WR’s outside of Camp this year have been disappointing. I was at the game with a mix of friends who are fans/alum of Bama and Auburn and even they commented how our receivers drop balls that are gimmes. And the whole going for the strip why the RB picks up an additional 10 yards is hilarious. That was an epic fail tonight on defense. Pitt left 3 wide open TD’s off the board because our DB’s don’t know their assignment and lack any speed. Those are the same mistakes and issues we had against UCF and Syracuse and they still haven’t been addressed.
Nobody cares what your friends think.

Looks like he's butthurt about the water temperature in the visiting locker room showers, and presumably he's previously been butthurt about this same issue.
Oh, he means it literally. I thought it was some kind of metaphor.

34119E43-8BF6-4742-BBBE-8FFFFAD5DEF6.png

I'm not sure I admire or loathe the people trying to focus on non-officiating aspects of this game. My anger over the refs treating us like an integrated high school team in the early 70s pretty much consumed all my energy by the early 4th quarter.

Back