I hope CGC remembers this game...

Looked to me like CGC wanted it over as soon as possible and wanted his guys off the field as soon as possible as well. I don’t blame them for getting upset after that. The Pitt RB bragged about getting lit after the game.
This öööö also happens all the time where coaches don't even look at each other, they complete the little handshake ritual and move on. Narduzzi went out of his way to hang on to Collins hand and make a scene where there shouldn't have been one.

The thing that annoys me about Narduzzi is that he was watching that game, and he knows perfectly well what he saw tonight and what happened. If you want to go celebrate with your players, fine, öööö right off back to your öööö hole. But don't laugh like a jackass and act baffled as to why Collins is pissed.

Pat Narduzzi is a piece of öööö prima donna. Even his own fanbase wants him fired. öööö him. He saw this BS unfold and still acted high and mighty.

This öööö also happens all the time where coaches don't even look at each other, they complete the little handshake ritual and move on. Narduzzi went out of his way to hang on to Collins hand and make a scene where there shouldn't have been one.

Narduzzi is a douche and I look forward to him getting fired. Pitt will remain a bottom dweller once he is gone.

And why did the refs give Pitt several "free" time outs when they were in the red zone in the 4th? Stop the clock. Refs huddle. Gives Pitt time to gather together and get in a play...then...the refs ööööing did it AGAIN.

Can we ask for similar treatment in the red zone. Get the refs just to stop the clock for no reason so we can get a good play in?

And why did the refs give Pitt several "free" time outs when they were in the red zone in the 4th? Stop the clock. Refs huddle. Gives Pitt time to gather together and get in a play...then...the refs ööööing did it AGAIN.

Can we ask for similar treatment in the red zone. Get the refs just to stop the clock for no reason so we can get a good play in?
I forgot to mention this earlier, but I noticed it too. Last week, NC State players were pulling cheap öööö to buy themselves more time on defense. This week, Pitt didn't have to do anything, the officials just held us up until Pitt was ready.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but I noticed it too. Last week, NC State players were pulling cheap öööö to buy themselves more time on defense. This week, Pitt didn't have to do anything, the officials just held us up until Pitt was ready.
I'd really like for us to get an explanation as to why the game was being held up for Pitt in the red zone. If there is some rare, obscure rule they know about, I wish the league would let us in on it. We wouldn't have had to spike the ball had the refs just said "Whoa, hold up, us refs gonna talk for a few minutes."

I'd really like for us to get an explanation as to why the game was being held up for Pitt in the red zone. If there is some rare, obscure rule they know about, I wish the league would let us in on it. We wouldn't have had to spike the ball had the refs just said "Whoa, hold up, us refs gonna talk for a few minutes."

They were probably trying to figure out what penalty to call in the event of a turnover or missed kick.

My rage for Pitt just went up 1 million notches after it just clicked on me.

They cancel the first game with us 2 days before with lame injury and COVID excuses. Game is postponed. It gets squeezed into an idiotic and dangerous 3 games in 13 days with a 5 day recoup period on top of them coming off a bye on top of them getting every call in that game.

öööö Narduzzi for even contemplating throwing shade at us.

And we never will. I feel like it used to at least be more common that refs were fined or suspended for even making mistakes. Glaring ones, but mistakes nonetheless. That farce tonight was so far beyond incompetence, they shouldn't be allowed back on a collegiate football field. Something else was happening with that crew tonight, and cooling down hasn't changed my mind on that. Been watching the sport since 1997 and I've never seen anything like that.

It has been brought to my attention that the refs threw an Unsportsmanlike flag at CGC for the handshake so we will start every game next year with a 15 yard penalty at the start of each half of each game including any bowl games we play in.

What were the announcers saying about the officiating?
They remarked on how bad some of the later calls were, but nothing like what they should have been expressing if they weren't the apparently-now-standard brainless bodies, occasionally commenting on the action. But it is rare that any commentators pay enough attention to that stuff, or are willing to call out officials when it's deserved. Coincidentally, I saw this tweet for the first time tonight:

The more I watch the clip of the handshake, the more Narduzzi looks like a total ööööing jackass.

edit: I actually respect Geoff for not turning around and getting into it with him over hanging onto his hand like that. For all the emotions running through his head, he didn't need his counterpart acting like a child. But Narduzzi did, and Collins walked away. öööö Narduzzi.

Back