I hope CGC remembers this game...

Why not both? Going for 2, calling a rub it in timeout - öööö Pitt.

JRjr

The game was still winnable for us with two minutes left and the ball, especially if we're only down 13. And considering we immediately came out and moved the ball about forty yards downfield in 20 seconds, I bet all of us were feeling the possibility. I know I was. So I don't get being upset with them going for 2 to protect their lead -- I hope we would do the same in their situation.

The TO at the end I agree with. Combined with the two obvious PIs that weren't called (mainly because of those) I got pretty upset.

Why not both? Going for 2, calling a rub it in timeout - öööö Pitt.

JRjr

C'mon. It wasn't a rub it in timeout. If anything, we benefitted as we were about to take a delay of game. And of course, you go for 2 in that situation. There is no benefit to being up 13 with 2 minutes left.

I am pissed about the officiating and think we were severely hampered in our comeback because of it, but some of the bitching on here about non-bitchable offenses makes you sound like little cunts.

You know the old adage, "If you're selling to everyone then you're selling to no one"? I find the same thing applies to hate.

Also, getting really pissed off and hating teams full of people/kids you don't know every week is exhausting and really can't be good for your overall mood.

I'd say reserve the hate for U[sic]GA and one or two other teams who actually deserve it. Spending every single week consumed by hatred is no way to go through life.
öööö that öööö. I could hate everyone in the ööööing universe and still be just fine. The Mets ööööing suck, asshole.

And why did the refs give Pitt several "free" time outs when they were in the red zone in the 4th? Stop the clock. Refs huddle. Gives Pitt time to gather together and get in a play...then...the refs ööööing did it AGAIN.

Can we ask for similar treatment in the red zone. Get the refs just to stop the clock for no reason so we can get a good play in?
This pissed me off to no end. No explanation as to why they were conferencing or stopping play, and as soon as they did it, Pitt coaches immediately came on the field and called their team over. You are not allowed to have all your coaches out and just come on the field and call your team over like that unless the official signals that there is an official timeout for something.

öööö that öööö. I could hate everyone in the ööööing universe and still be just fine. The Mets ööööing suck, asshole.

Look what happens when you hate everyone. You turn into jjacket. Is that what you want??

I don't blame Pitt nearly as much as I do the ACC.
Yeah, I'm not sure what there is to be pissed at Pitt about.
I don’t know what Collins was doing there. His beef should be with the refs. Not the other coach.
I assume none of you were at the game? Pitt's players, and even COACHES on the sideline were constantly taunting, even turning around talking crap to fans. The offsetting personal fouls when Tariq got into it with somebody on the Pitt sideline all escalated from sideline coaches and players. They are classless losers that needed refs to win, and ended up dragging us down to their level. We've got to be better than that. We actually overcame a lot of the bad officiating, and I blame the loss solely on piss-poor high tackling. We looked like a pee-wee team trying to tackle sometimes hitting guys so high. I didn't see a single tackle attempt at anybody's waist, hip, or knee area with driving force. Everything was high.

I assume none of you were at the game? Pitt's players, and even COACHES on the sideline were constantly taunting, even turning around talking crap to fans. The offsetting personal fouls when Tariq got into it with somebody on the Pitt sideline all escalated from sideline coaches and players. They are classless losers that needed refs to win, and ended up dragging us down to their level. We've got to be better than that. We actually overcame a lot of the bad officiating, and I blame the loss solely on piss-poor high tackling. We looked like a pee-wee team trying to tackle sometimes hitting guys so high. I didn't see a single tackle attempt at anybody's waist, hip, or knee area with driving force. Everything was high.
Ugh....the missed sack where our DL hit the QB high and the QB just shook it off and managed to take what looked to be a 7 yard loss into a 3 yard gain.

You blame the loss solely on poor tackling? I think if you re-watch the game and have advantage of the replays you will see how horrendous the officiating was that everyone else is talking about. We had several defensive stops that were negated by poor officiating, that was game changing; maybe Clemson can overcome officiating like that but we aren't there yet.

You blame the loss solely on poor tackling? I think if you re-watch the game and have advantage of the replays you will see how horrendous the officiating was that everyone else is talking about. We had several defensive stops that were negated by poor officiating, that was game changing; maybe Clemson can overcome officiating like that but we aren't there yet.
Correct. I hope we document the bad calls to the ACC office, not that they care. Hell, I thought the UCF refs were bad, but they were nothing compared to last night.

One of the things that really puzzles me is the non-PI calls on our final passes to the endzone. Pitt is up by 14 with I think less than 30 seconds left in the game; what does it hurt to make the correct call even if we score? Particularly that last non-PI call, so what if we eventually score after that. It is as if the refs were trying to make a definitive statement or they just couldn't get out of the mode they were in all game.

As far as "controlling what you can control," yes I blame it on that. If we had tackled remotely like a P5 team for most of that game we could have won it despite the terrible officiating. Trust me I was there, I know all too well how bad the officiating was, and yes I agree that contributed to the loss just as much, but I still think we could have won despite that if we had tackled. I guess "solely" was a poor word choice. I just meant that was the one thing, WE could've done better that may have changed the outcome.

Back