"I was mad he wouldn't go down"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw wayyyyy tooo much of this last night. We were going for the ball while the ball carrier kept getting yards. Just deliver a frickin' blow and go low!

Yes. We gave VT at least 60 yards last night by just going for the ball instead of the tackle.

Also, if you want to tackle a guy who is too hard to bring down normally, chop out his legs. I don't know why we kept trying to tackle LT up high. Granted, it's easier said that done.

As another poster mentioned, yall are a bunch of sissy skinny nerds who have never played a day of football. The guy made a mistake, adrenaline kicked in, game's over, GET OVER IT!!!!

I don't know why you guys are taking the criticism so personally. The guy made a terrible mistake that was a major contributing factor in us losing. Of course he is going to catch flak for it, and of course some people are going to go overboard...that's life in the public eye for a football player. For anyone, really.

Those trying to excuse Attachou's dumbass play are just as bad as the ones advocating that we pull his scholly.

You realize you just before used the classic "you didn't play college ball so you can't talk about it" move, right?

Yes, except in this instance I feel it's justified because he's making bullshit comments about what physically needed to happen on the field and was discussing one of the only sure tacklers that we've had all season.

In this instance the guys that played college ball are the only ones qualified to talk about the relative ease or difficulty of making a perfect form tackle against an Ent playing QB running read options at us.

I hate the you didn't play argument in most instances as well. But in this case we are not talking about obvious mental mistakes (like criticizing the really stupid foul that followed the tackle) or the questionable decision to go for it on 4th. We're talking about how something should have been done physically that hardly any of us have a basis of comparison to discuss.

Yes, except in this instance I feel it's justified because he's making bullshit comments about what physically needed to happen on the field and was discussing one of the only sure tacklers that we've had all season.

In this instance the guys that played college ball are the only ones qualified to talk about the relative ease or difficulty of making a perfect form tackle against an Ent playing QB running read options at us.

I hate the you didn't play argument in most instances as well. But in this case we are not talking about obvious mental mistakes (like criticizing the really stupid foul that followed the tackle) or the questionable decision to go for it on 4th. We're talking about how something should have been done physically that hardly any of us have a basis of comparison to discuss.

Don't let CPJ know this. He didn't play college ball either.

This is the reasoning of a two year old. "I was mad he took my toy so I hit him." Maybe JA should sit in the corner and think about it.

I still felt good even after they scored. Not getting the 4th and 1 did us in. On the 3rd down I think it was further thanCPJ thought when he called the sneak. I know it sounds weird but I still expect more from the offense and feel they were the side of the ball that did not meet their obligation last night.

1. Dropped pass on our second possession 3rd down
2. No call on the pass interference
3. Punching hulk in the head and not getting it on 4th in one
4. Not getting the 4th down yardage.

That’s the game

Overdose of adrenaline = Cost GT the game

...not attacking the kid --it was a mistake-- but I'm not going to dodge around the fact that this mistake turned momentum in the game, took field position away from us where we could have added to our lead, and more than likely won this game.

...game over, get ready for Duke, but it is what it is.

This is the reasoning of a two year old. "I was mad he took my toy so I hit him." Maybe JA should sit in the corner and think about it.

No, it's the reasoning of a 19 year old that is out there busting his ass. He got frustrated and made a mistake and I'm pretty certain he will be sitting and thinking about it.

I'd be willing to wager that JA doesn't put his team at a disadvantage with any similar mistakes the remainder of his career at Tech.

Yes, this mistake put the team at a huge disadvantage, but this one play didn't cost an entire game. Get real. Poor coverage, poor tackling, poor NT play, poor punting and poor offensive line push on a huge 4th and 1 cost us the game.

Is this moronic sentiment going to define you for more than the immediate future? If I have to put up with your woman-like interjections on this subject in every thread that mentions him for more than a very short period of time, you'll have the distinction of being the only person on StingTalk who has ever made my ignore list, and that puts you very very low.

Is this moronic sentiment going to define you for more than the immediate future? If I have to put up with your woman-like interjections on this subject in every thread that mentions him for more than a very short period of time, you'll have the distinction of being the only person on StingTalk who has ever made my ignore list, and that puts you very very low.
Sorry I have higher expectations for those who get the honor of representing my school. If that makes you ignore me and makes me woman-like so be it.

I expect Georgia Tech athletes to be a higher caliber of man than those they compete against. I expect them to be able to handle their emotions like adults.

Go ahead and ignore me. But you know damn well that if the punch had happened the other way that you and all the other posters on this board would he wailing from the rooftops about Virginia Tech thugs. Just like we did with FSU and their late-hits on Joe Hamilton, UGAy twisting Nesbitt's knee, the nut punch on Jarrett Jack, etc.

But you know damn well that if the punch had happened the other way that you and all the other posters on this board would he wailing from the rooftops about Virginia Tech thugs. Just like we did with FSU and their late-hits on Joe Hamilton, UGAy twisting Nesbitt's knee, the nut punch on Jarrett Jack, etc.

Eh no. I would have gladly taken the penalty and hoped my team took advantage. And when they did take advantage and win the game I would have soaked in the victory instead of going around bitching and moaning about an illegal hit that tends to happen when you throw a bunch of young athletes on a field with a mission to hit one another and win ball games.

See the difference between you and most posters (and possibly people) is that you sir, are a pussy.

I'm pretty certain VT fans are enjoying the win more so than reflecting on an illegal hit against them.

Sorry I have higher expectations for those who get the honor of representing my school. If that makes you ignore me and makes me woman-like so be it.

I expect Georgia Tech athletes to be a higher caliber of man than those they compete against. I expect them to be able to handle their emotions like adults.

Go ahead and ignore me. But you know damn well that if the punch had happened the other way that you and all the other posters on this board would he wailing from the rooftops about Virginia Tech thugs. Just like we did with FSU and their late-hits on Joe Hamilton, UGAy twisting Nesbitt's knee, the nut punch on Jarrett Jack, etc.

You clearly have a grand lack of experience with issues like these if you think that JA's actions were thuggish. Losing your cool and making a huge mistake is not the same as punching a guy because you think you can get away with it. He didn't think he could get away with it, you could tell by his actions in the split seconds after he threw the punch that he knew he had ööööed up. He wasn't proud of what he'd done or flippant to the refs that made the call or the coaches that chewed him out afterwards. He's a young man of character who made a mistake and if you have two brain cells you should be able to see that and the difference between it and what you're claiming he is.

Another major difference is that JA doesn't have a history of this crap, nor does the GT program. The thuggishness you see at VT and at FSU and at UM and at Mich St are from programs that recruit thuggish kids and from kids who do that kind of stupid öööö every game because they think they can get away with it.

Nobody here has a problem with you having higher expectations for the people that represent our Institute. We all have pretty high expectations for moral fiber, conduct, and everything else, if you couldn't tell by all the over-the-top responses to the JoePa thing. The problem here is that you're having trouble evaluating whether or not people live up to your standards, unless your standards truly are "the person never makes mistakes."

Handling your emotions like an adult is an easy thing to SAY but it's not an easy thing to DO, so much so that many adults can't even handle the task. Look up videos of people flipping out at airports, or at the McDonalds counter, or in traffic. Many of them are adults who are otherwise and in normal situations perfectly reasonable mature people. JA is 18 years old. Many of us were that old BEFORE we graduated high school, nevermind almost at the end of our first year of college. I dare say that the kid is far more mature than most of his peers, and that the 18 year old who doesn't get frustrated and break things or fight people is like bigfoot: I haven't seen him, and I doubt he exists. Your expectations being unreasonably high for him does not change any of this, it's you who needs to adjust, he is still learning about what it means to enter life as an adult. You can't condemn the kid for learning a lesson, at the very least wait until he fails again.

And what makes many of your comments woman-like is because you won't just speak your damn mind. You have to interject with short sarcastic quips and flippant comparisons as if you are so obviously correct and important that we should all automatically know what you're talking about, and you feel like you have to keep doing it in every thread because oh no, somebody might not have heard you. That's how my mother acts when she's upset about something, and how my girlfriend used to act before I told her to cut that öööö out because seriously, nobody wants to hear it.

I really don't like ignoring people, and I feel like you're a good guy and a reasonable person, but you have got to cut this öööö out. It's not correct, and it's not productive. Please examine your expectations and determine if they are actually reasonable, and then re-evaluate what you saw objectively and then determine whether or not it was really so outrageous. If you can't see why you're the only one left making such a big stink about this, then I really don't know what else to say.

was this play really worse than giving up a TD on one play right after scoring and right before halftime?

öööö no

you guys should get a life and quit blaming kids for playing a game

get over it, and be a man and admit we lost. those two plays were HUGE, but we had our chances.

they outplayed us and outcoached us. they wanted it more

we couldnt tackle and we couldnt make the big play, that = a loss

move along

knox is a big whiney bitch baby, id like JA to punch him. that would be fun to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back