"I was mad he wouldn't go down"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learning what it is to be dumb by having somebody tell you, even if you fully understand what they mean, is not the same as learning to apply that knowledge. I can tell you all day, "You're gonna go out on that field and hit guys and get hit for 45 minutes and you're gonna be tired, and all the pressure in the world is going to be on you to make that damn play, and it's gonna piss you off." Until you've been that pissed off before you're not going to understand how it affects your thought process. That's normal learning, without some sort of tangible consequences to associate with it, it's very hard to avoid emotional behavior. Young guys.

Not everybody has to learn that way, but not everybody is thrust into these situations so early in life. There's no excusing the behavior at all, it's not acceptable, but it's not a mystery why it is occurring.

Okay, I'll buy that.

So how do we coach it on the practice field so we don't have to train our guys how to not be dumb on the job?

You guys need to realize how emotional Football is...it is anger and violence, but CONTROLLED. I'm sure he was full of a fire to get that SOB down and he just wouldn't go down and he just lost it. Doesn't excuse it but I can understand his frustration. I'm sure the QB was probably mocking the 2 or 3 jackets hanging on him, especially once the whistle blew, "get off me weak little bitches!" and he just lost control for a second. No excuse, but it doesn't mean he is a thug. His emotions just got the best of him.

If anyone here has played football, especially on defense, you know that you will get lost in the moment sometimes. The bloodlust becomes overwhelming.

The play probably cost us the game, but he is still one of the best players we have. If we had 11 guys on D that played with his intensity we would've won.

If anyone here has played football, especially on defense, you know that you will get lost in the moment sometimes. The bloodlust becomes overwhelming.

The play probably cost us the game, but he is still one of the best players we have. If we had 11 guys on D that played with his intensity we would've won.

This.

As a DE in HS I definitely got carried away and made some late hits on a QB or two especially in those games where our defense was being frustrated by a good offense, which, at Habersham Central in the early/mid-90s, was all the damn time.

Okay, I'll buy that.

So how do we coach it on the practice field so we don't have to train our guys how to not be dumb on the job?

Did I miss the part where VT had two really stupid penalties in this game or are we going to continue the fantasy land notion that somewhere we are the only team in FBS that screws up on the field?

And if we need a for example the QB at Navy screwed the pooch earlier this year on an excessive celebration penalty.

This.

As a DE in HS I definitely got carried away and made some late hits on a QB or two especially in those games where our defense was being frustrated by a good offense, which, at Habersham Central in the early/mid-90s, was all the damn time.

you dont look a day over 35

Did I miss the part where VT had two really stupid penalties in this game or are we going to continue the fantasy land notion that somewhere we are the only team in FBS that screws up on the field?

And if we need a for example the QB at Navy screwed the pooch earlier this year on an excessive celebration penalty.

Curious.

Late hit but what else?

The offsides penalty I credit to SMART play on our part as opposed to stupid play by them.

Most OL would have stayed still and let the DL get back onside (for fear of false start.)

CPJ is pretty tough in that regard. He expects no false starts but also wants them to always be ready to exploit any DL who jump in the neutral zone. I think it would be tough to have the discipline to do both.

Curious.

Late hit but what else?

The offsides penalty I credit to SMART play on our part as opposed to stupid play by them.

Most OL would have stayed still and let the DL get back onside (for fear of false start.)

CPJ is pretty tough in that regard. He expects no false starts but also wants them to always be ready to exploit any DL who jump in the neutral zone. I think it would be tough to have the discipline to do both.

I swear I remember another really dumb penalty by them. Maybe a dumb PI call to keep a drive alive.

I could be wrong. I was watching live and somewhat concerned.

I swear I remember another really dumb penalty by them. Maybe a dumb PI call to keep a drive alive.

I could be wrong. I was watching live and somewhat concerned.

Yes, there was a PI but without it it may have been a bigger completion. That one was marginal. Plus we didn't exploit it so it was forgetable.

I agree that one play or call generally does not determine a game. But that one in hindsight was a turning point.

Remove it and we might still lose. But the D took a turn for the worse after it after three outstanding plays.

The D really was not consistently horrible. It was great for stretches and then a DB with a mistimed jump would negate everything. Or the whole team would seem in a fog for one play.

One third and long was well covered but just got a great throw AND difficult catch.

Has this thread really gone 70 replies without a joke being made about the title?

Sorry I have higher expectations for those who get the honor of representing my school. If that makes you ignore me and makes me woman-like so be it.

I expect Georgia Tech athletes to be a higher caliber of man than those they compete against. I expect them to be able to handle their emotions like adults.

Go ahead and ignore me. But you know damn well that if the punch had happened the other way that you and all the other posters on this board would he wailing from the rooftops about Virginia Tech thugs. Just like we did with FSU and their late-hits on Joe Hamilton, UGAy twisting Nesbitt's knee, the nut punch on Jarrett Jack, etc.

You are an obnoxious scumbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back