"I was mad he wouldn't go down"

Status
Not open for further replies.
knox is a big whiney bitch baby, id like JA to punch him. that would be fun to watch

I'll take a punch to the back of my head from him....provided I'm allowed to wear a FB helmet. I never have understand that concept. personally, I punched a guy in the head in junior high school during a game. He was wearing a helmet. Damn near broke my fist.Never was tempted to punch anybody in FB headgear again. That's a mistake a human being should only make once.

In terms of losing your cool and doing something stupid, this board is full of people who do that after every loss and they do not have the excuse of youth.

Apart from the message board meltdowns we have tales of breaking hands and feet kicking and punching in frustration over poor play by college kids.

It wasn't exactly like anyone was in danger of permanent injury. I think SWMBO has hit me harder for saying the wrong thing around her family.:wink:

P.S.
LSU had a much worse hit during play against Bama when Mathieu clothslined a guy from behind. The funny thing was they went from saying how awful it was to "it was like 1960s football." That made me remember that a lot of what people get upset about today was par for the course fifty years ago. Those old guys played ROUGH.

I've been sitting in the BME building for the past few hours, and I've never heard so many people talk about football, especially that one play. Granted, they all acknowledged that the entire team lost the game, but I thought it was interesting how even people who don't get into football were talking about the game.

Sorry I have higher expectations for those who get the honor of representing my school. If that makes you ignore me and makes me woman-like so be it.

I expect Georgia Tech athletes to be a higher caliber of man than those they compete against. I expect them to be able to handle their emotions like adults.

Go ahead and ignore me. But you know damn well that if the punch had happened the other way that you and all the other posters on this board would he wailing from the rooftops about Virginia Tech thugs. Just like we did with FSU and their late-hits on Joe Hamilton, UGAy twisting Nesbitt's knee, the nut punch on Jarrett Jack, etc.

You represent my school and I'm ööööing ashamed of you. I'd like our fan representative to show some respect and not be morons. But guess what? We don't always get what we want.

I find it funny you expect the athletes to handle their emotions better when you're on a message board making a fool of yourself because you're mad some 19 year olds lost a football game.

You clearly have a grand lack of experience with issues like these if you think that JA's actions were thuggish. Losing your cool and making a huge mistake is not the same as punching a guy because you think you can get away with it. He didn't think he could get away with it, you could tell by his actions in the split seconds after he threw the punch that he knew he had ööööed up. He wasn't proud of what he'd done or flippant to the refs that made the call or the coaches that chewed him out afterwards. He's a young man of character who made a mistake and if you have two brain cells you should be able to see that and the difference between it and what you're claiming he is.

Another major difference is that JA doesn't have a history of this crap, nor does the GT program. The thuggishness you see at VT and at FSU and at UM and at Mich St are from programs that recruit thuggish kids and from kids who do that kind of stupid öööö every game because they think they can get away with it.

Nobody here has a problem with you having higher expectations for the people that represent our Institute. We all have pretty high expectations for moral fiber, conduct, and everything else, if you couldn't tell by all the over-the-top responses to the JoePa thing. The problem here is that you're having trouble evaluating whether or not people live up to your standards, unless your standards truly are "the person never makes mistakes."

Handling your emotions like an adult is an easy thing to SAY but it's not an easy thing to DO, so much so that many adults can't even handle the task. Look up videos of people flipping out at airports, or at the McDonalds counter, or in traffic. Many of them are adults who are otherwise and in normal situations perfectly reasonable mature people. JA is 18 years old. Many of us were that old BEFORE we graduated high school, nevermind almost at the end of our first year of college. I dare say that the kid is far more mature than most of his peers, and that the 18 year old who doesn't get frustrated and break things or fight people is like bigfoot: I haven't seen him, and I doubt he exists. Your expectations being unreasonably high for him does not change any of this, it's you who needs to adjust, he is still learning about what it means to enter life as an adult. You can't condemn the kid for learning a lesson, at the very least wait until he fails again.

And what makes many of your comments woman-like is because you won't just speak your damn mind. You have to interject with short sarcastic quips and flippant comparisons as if you are so obviously correct and important that we should all automatically know what you're talking about, and you feel like you have to keep doing it in every thread because oh no, somebody might not have heard you. That's how my mother acts when she's upset about something, and how my girlfriend used to act before I told her to cut that öööö out because seriously, nobody wants to hear it.

I really don't like ignoring people, and I feel like you're a good guy and a reasonable person, but you have got to cut this öööö out. It's not correct, and it's not productive. Please examine your expectations and determine if they are actually reasonable, and then re-evaluate what you saw objectively and then determine whether or not it was really so outrageous. If you can't see why you're the only one left making such a big stink about this, then I really don't know what else to say.

LOL. I can't believe you posted that much. I'm just stirring öööö up. :rotfl:

You mean, trolling? By posing as a GT fan, suggesting a player should lose his scholarship, calling him a thug, and being a complete douche nozzle on every other topic?

Because if this is true, I'm going to go report every one of the posts you've made in the last 24 hours. No doubt a few other users will do this as well.

So are you really trolling, or is that just you trying to back out of your idiocy without having to admit it?

lose-argument-pretend-to-be-trolling-thumb.jpg

Interesting. He told Wes he was going for the ball...

Heard that too on my way back to the car. The "I was mad..." seems more like it. Regardless, the refs should have blown the play dead two seconds earlier to prevent possible injury to Thomas.

Watts threw Thomas down. JA's "punch" was a shove to Thomas' shoulder right as Watts is throwing Thomas, who is at the same time trying to spin out of JA and Watts' grasps.

I don't see how that jives with his apparent admission to the malicious intent highlighted in the OP.

Watts threw Thomas down. JA's "punch" was a shove to Thomas' shoulder right as Watts is throwing Thomas, who is at the same time trying to spin out of JA and Watts' grasps.

If you slow it down, you see his arm winding back slightly before this "shove". It's the winding back and swing motion that makes it look bad.

He may also have meant to aim for the shoulder pads but IMO, it slipped across the shoulder pads and made contact on the helmet too because you can see Logan's helmet jar a bit and that is when Logan puts up both of his arms, looses the ball, and falls down.

Either way, it was a big mistake by Jeremiah for sure but... that one play didn't result in the loss. He is a young player, just as long as he learns from it and doesn't make the same mistake again.

On a slightly positive note, I believe I saw Steven Sylvester go right up to Jeremiah and start talking to him right after the play. Don't know what was said but I'm going to assume it was good leadership/teaching moment Steven took advantage of.

Winding up and punching the guy in the shoulder pads after the whistle is still a 15 yard penalty. Whether it was thuggish or not may be debatable, but it was dumb regardless.

Do I hold GT to a higher ethical standard than other schools? Maybe a little tiny bit, but not by a huge margin. The higher standard I hold GT to is to be smarter than that. Adrenaline or no adrenaline, that play was dumb. It was a dumb thing to do, and in my opinion it cost us the game. I'm okay with us getting beat because we were outplayed, but it really chaps my hide when we get beat because we do something dumb.

Is Sneezy a dumb person? I don't believe so. Does he learn from this? I sure hope so. But more than that, I want to know why our players have to learn to not be dumb by doing dumb things on the football field, like trying to field a bouncing punt at the 3 yard line surrounded by Miami players, while other teams seem to learn to "not be dumb" in practice. You'd think with all the smarter players GT has, we'd have an easier time not being dumb on the football field, but I just don't see it the past, oh, decade. We're always doing dumb öööö.

Fumble two consecutive punts vs AF? Pretty dumb. I could probably go through every loss in the past decade and find something that either our players or coaches did that was astoundingly dumb that changed the course of the game. I don't want our team to be perfect, but it sure would be nice if we quit being dumb.

Learning what it is to be dumb by having somebody tell you, even if you fully understand what they mean, is not the same as learning to apply that knowledge. I can tell you all day, "You're gonna go out on that field and hit guys and get hit for 45 minutes and you're gonna be tired, and all the pressure in the world is going to be on you to make that damn play, and it's gonna piss you off." Until you've been that pissed off before you're not going to understand how it affects your thought process. That's normal learning, without some sort of tangible consequences to associate with it, it's very hard to avoid emotional behavior. Young guys.

Not everybody has to learn that way, but not everybody is thrust into these situations so early in life. There's no excusing the behavior at all, it's not acceptable, but it's not a mystery why it is occurring.

You mean, trolling? By posing as a GT fan, suggesting a player should lose his scholarship, calling him a thug, and being a complete douche nozzle on every other topic?

Because if this is true, I'm going to go report every one of the posts you've made in the last 24 hours. No doubt a few other users will do this as well.

So are you really trolling, or is that just you trying to back out of your idiocy without having to admit it?
I'd say 147 responses is good. Not quite up to BOR's Calvin post standards, but pretty good. If you thought I was serious or don't think I'm a Tech fan you haven't been on this board long enough.

Not exactly on topic, but for the first time I really watched JA at the stadium instead of just on TV. I was very impressed with his closing speed for a man his size. In the first half, he took a bad angle on a toss sweep and got sucked inside and still managed to run the running back down. He is pretty relentless rushing the passer and once he sheds the block, he has a good burst to the quarterback. He will be All ACC or All American before he is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back