I Will Not Subject Myself to This Anymore

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
Been a Tech fan since 1958. Never thought I'd ever quit. But, if Tech doesn't fire Collins within 48 hours, I'm not going to contribute any more. I'll still pull for Tech, but Tech football will not have the same role in my life.

I wish I had all the money and time I spent on Tech sports back. I feel like I've been a fool to put up with this as long as I have.

I know younger people will come on here and call me names. Well, stick with this mess as long as you can. If I were 35, I might stick with it, too. But, I can't take it any more. It was surreal around our house today. Like a wake. Just not worth it. And the coaches didn't even try. Never saw that before.

Been a Tech fan since 1958. Never thought I'd ever quit. But, if Tech doesn't fire Collins within 48 hours, I'm not going to contribute any more. I'll still pull for Tech, but Tech football will not have the same role in my life.

I wish I had all the money and time I spent on Tech sports back. I feel like I've been a fool to put up with this as long as I have.

I know younger people will come on here and call me names. Well, stick with this mess as long as you can. If I were 35, I might stick with it, too. But, I can't take it any more. It was surreal around our house today. Like a wake. Just not worth it. And the coaches didn't even try. Never saw that before.
Too bad destiny chose Tech for you to root for. I feel for you man.

I am pretty old, too, but those fans a generation above me, I so appreciate. You guys have done so much for GT football. I am afraid there are not enough in the 18-40 group to replaceall of you.

All you can do is take it for what it is worth and right now it ain't worth a öööö.

I reached the point of apathy after the Duke game, when winning felt like a loss it is time to take a step back.

We have a truly ööööty coach. It sucks. I'm sorry you've had to witness this but I know it will get better. I just hope it is soon. Don't give up. I can't say to continue donating, though, as I have stopped as well (for the football team).

A lot of us feel the same way. Feel like traitors saying it, but it’s true. I think it’s not just the fact we’ve lost big and often, but the way the GC carries himself. He looks and acts like a narcissistic clown.

If it isn't bringing joy to your life but you still have love for the Jackets then just put them on the back burner, let em simmer, check and stir every so often.

It's not your fault that the powers that be have their heads stuck up their own asses and you have no control over that.

The grief starts with thinking Collins can turn this around, ignoring the glaring deficiencies in his coaching. Then frustration sets in. Then anger. Then everything sucks so bad you just start laughing, like during ND game when we got the ball to within scoring distance and on third and short with some momentum Collins called timeout, then we proceed to false start, delay of game, and then a bad snap - that is Benny Hill comedy right there. Eventually you get to the point where you'd do anything to keep you distracted and away from the TV during COFH. You get to the point where you flip the game on the radio because you can't stay away and only being down 10-0 after the end of the first quarter actually feels good.

I understand the frustration. We all feel that way today. But unfortunately Ciraldo you know you can’t quit. Just like I can’t quit. Just like many others on this board. We are Yellow Jackets and we’ll die Yellow Jackets. There is nothing we can do about it. We don’t have the option to quit.

I understand the frustration. We all feel that way today. But unfortunately Ciraldo you know you can’t quit. Just like I can’t quit. Just like many others on this board. We are Yellow Jackets and we’ll die Yellow Jackets. There is nothing we can do about it. We don’t have the option to quit.
God, that's depressing.

I am right there with you, I saw my first GT game in 1958 when my uncle took me to my first college football game at Grant Field, I have been a fan ever since. I have seen some bad coaching at GT, but this coaching staff is the worst by far, even worse than Bill Lewis. You would think that the coaching staff would pull out all stops to try and be competitive in this game, they didn't. Like the OP, my years of pulling for the Old Gold & White are getting slimmer by the day. This plague that our current AD has put on the football program is an abomination. I can only imagine what some of Coach Dodd's former players like; Kim King & Taz Anderson would be thinking now about the program. If TS can't undo this wrong, perhaps he needs to go too.

Been a Tech man for every day of my 41+ years. I was 10 when we won the Natty, a confused preteen for the dark days of the early 90s, came of age with the GO’L days, got to go 2-2 vs U(sic)Ga in my days as a student on the Flats, and been through the ups and downs of Gailey and Johnson with the rest of y’all. Remember vividly complaining about 7 win seasons with Gailey, especially. I’ve never felt quite like I do today. Never come off a bad loss in COFH and thinking, “that’s about what I expected.” It’s sad, more than anything. I’m past anger, past frustration, past giving emotional capital to the football program, until some major changes happen. I live in Charlotte, used to have season tickets, but I just can’t justify the financial, time, and emotional commitment to come back to ATL 6-7 times every fall, not for this.

How does quitting your Fandom bring GT FB better OLinemen and better Secondary Players?

We don't need Fans quitting, we need to solve our main problems, which is better OLinemen and better Secondary Players

Back