I Will Not Subject Myself to This Anymore

This is an example of the crap that can't happen anymore. This was from a FB friends post.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211128-210651.png
    Screenshot_20211128-210651.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 84
You’re my hero. Seriously. I applaud your ability to watch us lose like this. You have definitely earned the right to call everyone else pansies.

Whatever, I’m in my seats for every home game and 95% of the road games. I don’t want a medal and I don’t (usually) act like a rabid asshole on the board. Since when does “going to games of the team you follow” make you some kind of hero?

JRjr

This is an example of the crap that can't happen anymore. This was from a FB friends post.
That credit union had that message up there the prior time we played UGAg at home. I hear their CEO is a mutt

Whatever, I’m in my seats for every home game and 95% of the road games. I don’t want a medal and I don’t (usually) act like a rabid asshole on the board. Since when does “going to games of the team you follow” make you some kind of hero?

JRjr
If you didn't pussy out on going Saturday, you absolutely deserve a medal. I have never in my 55 years on this planet seen more UGAg fans in our stands than this past Saturday. Our season ticket holders should be embarrassed. I hate each and every one of you who scalped your tickets to mutts. I swear we have the cheapest bunch of fans in the country. We want to damn penny pinch in everything we do when it is associated with GT sports. I don't know what is going to happen when the half dozen or so boosters who keep us afloat either bail or just die out. I suppose we will just fold.

If you didn't pussy out on going Saturday, you absolutely deserve a medal. I have never in my 55 years on this planet seen more UGAg fans in our stands than this past Saturday. Our season ticket holders should be embarrassed. I hate each and every one of you who scalped your tickets to mutts. I swear we have the cheapest bunch of fans in the country. We want to damn penny pinch in everything we do when it is associated with GT sports. I don't know what is going to happen when the half dozen or so boosters who keep us afloat either bail or just die out. I suppose we will just fold.

I was there until the clock hit 0:00, just like I always am. The Dwag fans around me weren’t too bad - the dumb Tech fans who show up for one game a year were worse, honestly.

JRjr

I didn't renew season tickets last year and spent more time camping including my first backpacking trip in years. It's now supplanted golf as my preferred hobby, though I'm still doing that. I've got an Airbnb setup for June and July in Idaho near the Sawtooths. We'll be doing family trips every weekend there, white clouds, and a few into the wind river range.
I too, gave up my tickets this year. The ROI of pure frustration in watching Collins' ill prepared teams simply made it an easy decision. I do not think that the administration believes that they need sidewalk fans like myself. They may be right. I do know that I have reclaimed my fall Saturday's and when the inevitable frustration starts, I can flip the switch and walk away.

I got straight pity from a 60 something UGAg guy. He looked around and asked if I was a season ticket holder while noting that there were so few GT supporters in the section (123). Then he started the ‘I pull for GT’ speech which I stopped short and told him it’s only because this isn’t a rivalry to them anymore given the dominance of the last 40+ years. I asked him how he felt about UF and before he could tell me how much he hated them, I told him it was simply bc they whooped UGAgs ass for like 20 years in the not too distant past and we’ve not so much as won a home game vs them over a similar time period.

Walking in from the Varsity around 11:15 felt like I was being led to a red-clad firing squad at a cross-country away game that looked strangely like BDS but I’ll be goddamned if I’ll get pushed out of my own stadium and be complicit in their takeover.

I was there until the clock hit 0:00, just like I always am. The Dwag fans around me weren’t too bad - the dumb Tech fans who show up for one game a year were worse, honestly.

JRjr
I stayed through the Horse and danced through my tears. Regardless of anything, our songs and traditions > UGAgs. Whatever they do at the end of the 3rd sucks. Their post game sucks. Their fight song sucks. Their entrance sucks.

Wr really need to get back to embracing the Wreck, Buzz, Budweiser, George P.....everything. make going to GT games fun.

My suggestions for Stansbury is as follows

back to embracing Buzz

coddle, for lack of better terms, our loyal ST holders. Been a ST holder 40 seasons? How about box seats for a game? South endzone, North Endzone, the damn east box that always seems full of opposing fans ...

Go back to ST holders being allowed to bring food and drink in pregame. That was a pretty good deal when we did it. Thing is, most folks didn't actually bring food in. We may have a time or two, but it is a pretty good thing for parents.

Fix concessions. Concessions was a ööööshow that probably lost us more money Saturday than a season of allowing Season Ticket holders to bring foot and drink in.

The Wreck is important. Very important. It is one of the greatest symbols in college football. Seems like we treat it as an also ran now.

And the artificial turf has got to go. It looks like it has somehow degraded to this dark brown/green mess that has awful tuft streaks in it. It is nasty

I doubt that they're going to rip out the turf and go back to grass anytime soon - that ship has sailed. Best we can hope for is to start making some money off events (the rationale given for the change; I'm willing to give a pass for the last year or two because of Covid, but with concerts getting back into full swing, there's not much excuse starting next spring). But we've got to at least take some pride in what we've got and paint it regularly so we don't have faded/blurry graphics on the ugly, slippery turf like we had this season.

I'm all in favor of emphasizing Buzz and the Wreck (it's been ridiculous to downplay those things), and I'd like to see us do more to highlight other traditions like the Horse and Budweiser if/when we have any indication of new fans coming to games. I've been harping on the need for more thoughtful in-game production for a few years now. At least we didn't have any major audio/video/lighting problems this season, so that's a step in the right direction. I wish we'd find a consultant and/or do some kind of focus group to work on ways to improve the audio-visual presentation during games (to improve the atmosphere and to use that stuff to produce an actual strategic advantage).

I wonder how successful the beer sales have been. I haven't noticed an uptick in bad behavior, so maybe it's working out OK. Part of the problem with concessions is that we have like charity volunteers (Boy Scouts, etc.) working. When things get really hectic, that seems like a problem compared to a more experienced cashier. We could do more to foolproof the checkout and organize the lines and stuff, for sure.

It was shockingly fan-friendly to let us bring in food and drinks, and I do wish they'd go back to that. About all we ever brought in was a couple of bottles of water and some cookies or something, and we do usually buy a CFA or pizza and water/Coke now, so they are making more money off of us, but I wonder where the trade-off point between making money/streamlining security checks and fan goodwill falls.

JRjr

Back