I Will Not Subject Myself to This Anymore

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
Been a Tech fan since 1958. Never thought I'd ever quit. But, if Tech doesn't fire Collins within 48 hours, I'm not going to contribute any more. I'll still pull for Tech, but Tech football will not have the same role in my life.

I wish I had all the money and time I spent on Tech sports back. I feel like I've been a fool to put up with this as long as I have.

I know younger people will come on here and call me names. Well, stick with this mess as long as you can. If I were 35, I might stick with it, too. But, I can't take it any more. It was surreal around our house today. Like a wake. Just not worth it. And the coaches didn't even try. Never saw that before.
Trust me, us 35 (34 really) year olds aren't sticking around either. This board is the only legacy of my GT Fandom left.

BackstreetBuzz

GT fan for 60+ years
Been a Tech fan since 1958. Never thought I'd ever quit. But, if Tech doesn't fire Collins within 48 hours, I'm not going to contribute any more. I'll still pull for Tech, but Tech football will not have the same role in my life.

I wish I had all the money and time I spent on Tech sports back. I feel like I've been a fool to put up with this as long as I have.

I know younger people will come on here and call me names. Well, stick with this mess as long as you can. If I were 35, I might stick with it, too. But, I can't take it any more. It was surreal around our house today. Like a wake. Just not worth it. And the coaches didn't even try. Never saw that before.
I’m an older person and I will call you an in use female sex organ.

GT_LUVER

Helluva Engineer

I'm 34 and I am in the same boat as you with regard to this coaching staff and I have been a fan since I was old enough to yell THWG. It was obvious that fans have always been an after thought with Collins but it's also obvious the coaches have checked out themselves. I won't give another penny to the GTAA unless they show they are serious too.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
I'm 34 and I am in the same boat as you with regard to this coaching staff and I have been a fan since I was old enough to yell THWG. It was obvious that fans have always been an after thought with Collins but it's also obvious the coaches have checked out themselves. I won't give another penny to the GTAA unless they show they are serious too.
The hiring of Collins was always ALWAYS a middle finger to the fanbase by the proverbial “adults in the room”. The people who KNOW football are back in charge. The nerdy fans that like the option can just pipe down for a bit while the adults fix the mess they made.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
I hear you. If there aren't significant changes before next season I won't be burning as many weekends with GT football either. I'll have 2 kids at Auburn next year, it will make more sense to go to games there anyway. I'll be back full time when GT acts like it is trying to win. This is the first time I can remember, at least since the early Curry years, where I felt going into the game we really had no chance. I think next fall I will be getting more use of my All Trails app.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
And a coaching staff who knows how to coach.
I agree we need to coach better, but we can't afford an 8 figure buyout, we have to stick with these guys, and make piecemeal changes, maybe get our entire Staff to shadow some successful Staffs elsewhere to try and get some ideas to improve.

Maybe contact Utah's Staff and see if we can shadow their Defensive Coaches, they always seem to play solid disciplined Defense, maybe get film from those guys at Utah and study their schemes and Prep methods, maybe even adopt their Defensive philosophy here at GT

I am too old now to just quit, in spite of obvious reasons to do so, since old age and health (so good so far for me) will be putting my attendance to an end sooner than I like. But if TStan doesn't back off of his Tuesday comments and fire the entire staff tomorrow, he and his totally inept coaching staff will have destroyed Ga Tech football for all time. I don't see that there is any chance of recovery with this crap continuing for another year. So fire them all, and TStan too, or you can kiss Tech football goodbye. I left the game today earlier than I have ever left a game before (mid 3rd quarter), because I knew it was over. When the OC doesn't even call plays that MIGHT move the ball down the field, then you know they know it's over too. To hell with all of them.

I agree we need to coach better, but we can't afford an 8 figure buyout, we have to stick with these guys, and make piecemeal changes, maybe get our entire Staff to shadow some successful Staffs elsewhere to try and get some ideas to improve.

Maybe contact Utah's Staff and see if we can shadow their Defensive Coaches, they always seem to play solid disciplined Defense, maybe get film from those guys at Utah and study their schemes and Prep methods, maybe even adopt their Defensive philosophy here at GT
If this is allowed to continue for the flimsy claim that we can't afford the buyout, after another year of this, and we won't even be able to afford a 1 million dollar buyout. I say we can't afford not to fire Collins NOW.

Killick

“The past is never dead. It's not even past.”
I am past blaming Collins. It's been obvious he was a terrible coach since the Citadel game his first year. The rot has moved up the ladder. It is probably even moved past Stansbury. Every time I think about how bad Collins is, then I have to think about how bad is the guy that hired him. Anybody really think that Stansbury has what it takes to turn this around? Right now I'm in the fire Stansbury and keep Collins camp. It doesn't cost as much money, and a real SOB as AD might make Collins so miserable he'll quit. Make Collins professional life a living hell. Require him to eat Huddle House and take a calculus class. Hire a good high school coach and make Collins a figurehead. Take away his parking place. Put his office on the top deck of Peter's Park. For damn sure, get rid of "Money Down" and sideline dancing.

Instead, Collins will probably manage to steal 4 wins next year, and Stansbury will give him a seven year extension with an automatic roll over each year.

The Jacket

The Coat
If watching or caring about Tech football is making someone unhappy to the point that they genuinely, sincerely want to quit caring about it, then they should. Everyone cares for different reasons, and if you find yourself personally miserable as the result of the team sucking, it is probably a good idea to at least step away. It is better, I think, than being one more miserable bastard repeating their displeasure over and over again on the internet.

And there is nothing wrong with coming back when you feel like it will be a better experience for you, nor does it make you fairweather fan or a bandwagoner. Especially for the people who have been around for decades, there have been more than ample opportunities to abandon ship, but maybe none quite as immediately bleak as this one. And eventually the team will be better again. I don't buy into the notion that we're watching the "death" of Tech football in any sense other than the demise of the apparent dream we seem to have been sold by Collins, and the safe bet that we are most probably going to suck for as long as it takes for him to be fired and the next guy to "rebuild", whatever the öööö that means anymore.

It is what it is. Take care of yourself, Tech isn't going anywhere that you won't be able to catch up to it.