Impact on Recruiting

Discussion in 'Football' started by cbee, Sep 15, 2019.

1. daBuzz

daBuzz Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Woodstock, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Dabo didn’t have Dabo’s assistants when he started there either. Still doesn’t change that those people were dumb AF, just like you’re acting right now.

2. daBuzz

daBuzz Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Woodstock, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Yo. So in all of that what you were really saying was that it takes time and that knowledgeable fans should STFU and give it time? Glad you agree.

3. yellowbritchies

yellowbritchies Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Atlanta,Ga
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    From what I've seen with 3 games it might be at least 4 years before Tech will be competitive in the ACC. I'm willing to wait and continue to buy my Gold Seat season tickets!

4. Dirty Jacket

Dirty Jacket Something Extraordinairre

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    More than general

• Like Like x 1
  5. JacketForLife

JacketForLife No more small ball, thanks

Loc:
    Your Head
    Team:
    Ramblin' Wreck
    Exactly who are you watching? Cause I’ve watched nearly every coastal game this season and the coastal is sorry. We should out recruit everyone in the Coastal with the exception of Miami.

6. gtphd

gtphd Dodd-Like

Loc:
    THWG
    Team:
    THWG
    Field Marshall?

7. gtphd

gtphd Dodd-Like

Loc:
    THWG
    Team:
    THWG
    If CGC lands the 2020 class and brings in 2 more like it, we’ll be on top of the coastal.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Dirty Jacket

Dirty Jacket Something Extraordinairre

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    On the fifty yard line
    In the Georgia dome
    We can do it like a dirty bird

9. 18in32

18in32 Petard Hoister

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    So... Heritage Patriot or not?

10. Tshirt Man

Tshirt Man Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    middle GA
    Team:
    Gt
    Exactly. Im drunk (again) but ööööing pick something and go with it. Either try to win as many as you can this year or lose them all and prepare for the future.
    Pick a QB and build on it. If you want to win, run Oliver and Mason. If you want to show what we are trying to do, play Graham or Yates or the guy in seat 132, I don't give a öööö, but stop half assing it. Commit to something and don't try to win then change it up in the middle of the drive

11. gtfan088

gtfan088 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Salem here. Would've gone to Heritage but moved a few years prior.

12. 18in32

18in32 Petard Hoister

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    So you know @Architorture23 ? Also a Salem guy.

13. Architorture23

Architorture23 Austere Religious Scholar

Loc:
    Sec 111
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Perhaps. I do know the guy in his avatar, though.

14. LaFlavor

LaFlavor Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I certainly don't think he sucks as a coach, that would be ridiculous, but he's definitely a clown. But think about it. What's his major strength? Recruiting! And why is that? Because kids love clowns, so of course they want to go play at Clempson.

15. 18in32

18in32 Petard Hoister

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Me, too. But he's a HHS not a Salem guy.

16. Architorture23

Architorture23 Austere Religious Scholar

Loc:
    Sec 111
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    His parents taught me at Salem, though.

17. daBuzz

daBuzz Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Woodstock, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah. He totally sucks as a coach and these people were spot on! </sarcasm>
    Dude, STFU. His major strength is being a head coach. A head coach doesn't have to call plays offensively or defensively. His job is to run the entire program. If he does that by hiring great coordinators and other coaches, taking less money as a salary so that he can afford those guys, and manages to keep all but one of his staff over a 9 year period, all while winning 2 national championships and barely losing in a 3rd? That sounds like one hell of a head coach to me. Sign me up for some of that kind of head coaching clownery at GT!

• Like Like x 2
  18. LaFlavor

LaFlavor Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I don't know why you're getting so bent out of shape. I specifically said that it would be ridiculous to think he sucks as a coach. Are you dehydrated, maybe? Have some juice.

19. beej67

beej67 new around here

Loc:
    the smouldering hellscape of east cobb
    Team:
    GT
    And Paul Johnson beat him with Chan's players. He only started being a good coach when he quit actually coaching. Which is fine for a place like Clemson. We aren't Clemson.

Kids go to Clemson because they have hundreds of millions of dollars sunk into player specific facilities. Even if they aren't getting paid (which they may be) they live like NFL players for four years while they're in "school."

We will never beat Clemson for a recruit. I have 2 degrees from GT and I would never go to GT to play football if I had a Clemson offer. If my son played football and had a Clemson offer, I would never tell him to go to GT. Harvard, maybe. GT, absolutely not. Anyone who thinks recruiting is all about a coach's personality needs to wake up.

• Big Cry Big Cry x 1
  20. Walton

Walton Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    That really isn't the point. They didn't go to Clemson because of Dabo's personality but because of the culture he built at Clemson. It was about a lot of stuff other than Dabo's personality. Collins would laugh at you for thinking that is what he is doing.

He did change the culture at Clemson. Clemson had a lot of advantages but there is a reason that they climbed above the Auburns & Tenns of the world and that was because Dabo had a vision and plan to build Clemson into a great program. He executed that plan very well and it is paying off. They have a few players that could have played at Bama or UGA but they went to Clemson because of that culture, not because Clemson has nicer facilities than Bama because they don't.

Maybe Collins' plan isn't as good and I do agree that getting to Clemson and Bama's level is impossible but we can get to a higher consistent level than we have been for most of the last 17 years.