Incoming Transfer: QB Zach Gibson

Would not think so all he needs is a good coach to coach him, lets hope CCL is that coach. All Reggie Ball needed was a good quarterback coach.

Not Sure if Serious or Drunk.jpg

You’re right. We should not show any sense of positive thinking about any news regarding the football team. Thank you for keeping us grounded in misery. That is clearly the only right emotion for anything related to Tech football. Good grief people like you suck.
No, it’s people like you and Geoff Collins who over promise and under deliver that make us all miserable. Comments about Sims transferring and talk of the starting position now being competitive? Look, I hope the kid wins the Heisman on the way to the CFP, but realistically he’s more likely to never see the field.

looks like a valuable addition
even if a backup the three yrs experience is a plus, he grades higher as a transfer than out of HS

and he bumped up our overall rankings from what i think was 35 to now 33

QB room feels pretty solid now. Also feel good about the RB room. Could use one big time WR who can stretch the field (Blackburn?). However, everything hinges on the OL. We'll see...

So with the full knowledge that Ball's coach was Nix, you are still holding him responsible?

You were already on thin ice so choose your words carefully.
WGAF who coached him? He could have been coached for ten straight years by Bill Walsh, and he still couldn't hit the side of a barn with a hand grenade. Struggling to think of ANY Tech QB who was a less accurate passer.

No, it’s people like you and Geoff Collins who over promise and under deliver that make us all miserable. Comments about Sims transferring and talk of the starting position now being competitive? Look, I hope the kid wins the Heisman on the way to the CFP, but realistically he’s more likely to never see the field.
Realistically he has a great chance to see the field. Heck, even the transfer QB who just transferred right back out saw the field for one snap this year. You can choose to be a miserable old man or you can choose to be optimistic about an incoming player with a lot of potential. Either way, don’t try to bring the rest of us down to your level. It sucks down there.

Hard to get excited about a MAC QB.... I mean if Sims is as elite as Collins says Gibson will be a solid backup. What happened to Geoff Collins being this great recruiter????

Last edited:
Back