Inofficial CFP Thread

Are you ööööing Rainman or something? Give it up already. The call was made. The call was confirmed. Start a thread protest all your evidence if you want. Won't get the Clemson player back on the field.
There is a reason the ‘targeting’ rule is so controversial. It is rarely applied evenly or correctly. Referees get it wrong all the time even with the advantage of video replay. A call being confirmed doesn’t mean anything. It’s all subjective.

Protect the defensive player after the fact? Maybe that is the intention of the rule, but in reality it is BS. It’s all about protecting the defenseless offensive players (receivers and QB).
It is to get defensive players to play properly knowing your ejected if you do it. Want to keep getting ejected from games? Keep doing it. Want to help the team? Don't do it. Negative reinforcement.
He can continue to play half games, if he likes, until he breaks his neck or gets severe brain damage, I suppose.

There is a reason the ‘targeting’ rule is so controversial. It is rarely applied evenly or correctly. Referees get it wrong all the time even with the advantage of video replay. A call being confirmed doesn’t mean anything. It’s all subjective.
In this case. It was the correct call.

white girl wasted
IzAjqik.png

Lamest I ever saw went against Gotsis :mad:

Interesting that Herbskeet lobbied hard for the targeting on Fields, but sat on his small hands when Etienne got the helmet to helmet targeting when he was injured...

As I watch this game, the primary thought in my head is “thank God that Kirby can’t manage the QB position and some baseball player said the N word somewhere in a 93,000 seat stadium where exactly no football players heard it”

Lamest I ever saw went against Gotsis :mad:
It happens every weekend. I was watching some garbage noon B1G game where they ejected a Northwestern LB and he didn’t even make contact. Even the announcers were incredulous about it. He literally whiffed on the tackle yet was still ejected. Every conference and every crew calls it differently. It’s a öööö rule.

The one that everyone keeps crying about Dabo running up the score despite the fact that the punter was taking snaps at QB?
I never criticized it. I have been to similar games where GT has won big, Kansas and Navy come to mind. It is our job to stop them. Plus, when we ascend to the pinnacle of college football, I expect merciless beatdowns of Clemson along the way.

I remember one of our LB's getting ejected for helmet to helmet against ND when Brady Quinn lowered his head to initiate the contact.
That was Anoa'i, I believe. That was probably the worst I've ever seen against us.

edit: Also Brady Quinn is a bitch. He's always been a bitch and he will die a bitch.

As I watch this game, the primary thought in my head is “thank God that Kirby can’t manage the QB position and some baseball player said the N word somewhere in a 93,000 seat stadium where exactly no football players heard it”
The baseball players was right. If Kirby had taken his advice, UGA might be playing for its 3rd NC.

Back