Inofficial CFP Thread

So it’s not possible for referees to ever incorrectly call targeting? That literally happens every college football Saturday which is why the rule is under so much scrutiny. It’s enforced all over the place and not static.
They don't even have to call it on the field. It can be reviewed without a flag on the field.

This is why I love sports - the gods always make it right. Dabo ranking OSU low for whatever reasons has come back. I like Dabo but he tempted the gods and lost. Also, UGA storming the field against Cincy then seeing their QB about to go to the Natty has to be in their heads when they hit the pillow tonight. I’ve seen UGA fans already predicting a win against Clemson. But the gods and Clemson’s beast QB will have the get back coach in full mode.

They don't even have to call it on the field. It can be reviewed without a flag on the field.
Simple question: Are referees always correct about ’targeting‘ calls and never wrong or make mistakes? Is that what you are telling us? I mean we have tons of video evidence the last 3 seasons where they were indeed wrong.

Part of me wants to pull for Clemson because ACC. The other part of me says öööö ‘em for RUTS this year.
When Clemson suffers for that, we'll be the ones making them pay. Not these "blue blood" short circuit champion twats.

OSU is making Clemson’s defense look stupid and it’s offense inept.
Clemson's OC is out with the Wuhan Chinese Flu. You're seeing what Dabo can do without him . . . not much. Also, much as I dislike him, Day is an offensive mastermind.

Simple question: Are referees always correct about ’targeting‘ calls and never wrong or make mistakes? Is that what you are telling us? I mean we have tons of video evidence the last 3 seasons where they were indeed wrong.
Are you ööööing Rainman or something? Give it up already. The call was made. The call was confirmed. Start a thread protest all your evidence if you want. Won't get the Clemson player back on the field.

Pollack is right. OSU is owning the line of scrimmage. Venables can't compensate for not having NFL talent up front like he enjoyed during Clemson's championship year. OL can't seem to match up with OSU either.

He doesn't have to be a defenseless player. The rule is to protect the defensive player too. He could have concussed or broken his neck on that play.
Protect the defensive player after the fact? Maybe that is the intention of the rule, but in reality it is BS. It’s all about protecting the defenseless offensive players (receivers and QB).

Back