Introducing 2019 Akinji BHC Market Exchange™

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
CURRENT PRICE: $3,035.16

The original post:

OK, so I think I did a better job this time.

I don't have any guess work on injuries, importance of a game, rivalry factors or all that other crap. I took Coit's preseason polls multiplied the number of responders with the scores then divided that by a thousand to come up with a preseason BHC price of $1774.01. Then I introduced two factors that change the price, one is the score. So 14/(52+14) is the .2121 and the probability for Clemson game was .23. So that drives the price up. The second one is the poll for next game, which I just introduced a short while ago, and that measures your confidence in the team and if the new polls results are lower then it drives up the price of the BHC for a second time for closing. So you'll have two prices each week. After the first week loss to Clemson the price is currently $1781.18. This price is good until Friday at 5pm.

The preseason poll results for the USF game was 0.644. If this week's poll is showing let's say for example 0.782 probability then Friday's closing price will be $1,586.23.

Then if Tech beats USF 28-7 the opening price on Monday will be $1582.18.

I'll send the spreadsheet to coit later and he can upload it to google sheets or whatever so y'all can see the calculations and play around with scenarios and what not.

You have $75,000 to start with, which is exactly @faujacket's net worth. The exchange charges you 3% per buy transaction after the initial buy in. You can also short BHC with 2% interest per week. Interest will be charged on the closing day one week after your short. If your short plus interest is over your portfolio's value with the closing price the following week then you're out of the game.

Any transactions you send between Friday at 5pm and gametime will be at closing price. Any transactions you post after the end of the game until next Friday will be at opening price. You can post transactions at any time. For NC State game the market will close on Wednesday at 5pm.

You can post your transactions in this thread.

edit: transactions posted during the game will also be subjected to opening price after the game.

Link to the spreadsheet I built for calculations

Last edited:

The Jacket

The Coat
I know what I want to do, but not how to do it. This feels a lot like that night on the roof of Sarah's hotel. How do you get the pills out of someone's mouth if the only thing keeping them from plummeting to the ground and bringing the cops around is their teeth sunk into your hand? What's the best format for transactions? I don't want to say "Give me $500 on whenyousaybud driving someone to commit self-delete" if I just need to say "Buy $500" instead. Thanks in advance, your customer support team really knows how to listen. I needed that today. Five stars.

Hello

ee8384

Affable Curmudgeon
The exchange charges you 3% per buy transaction after the initial buy in. You can also short BHC with 2% interest per week. Interest will be charged on the closing day one week after your short. If your short plus interest is over your portfolio's value with the closing price the following week then you're out of the game.
Elizabeth and Bernie would be proud of your wealth confiscation scheme.

The Jacket

The Coat
That was a serious question by the way. It's just that I need to confess one illegal act or three moral impurities per 2.5 posts. And I may need to step that up because every day I fall further behind my goal of attaining overly unity and calamity induction. I may have read that pamphlet wrong.

eg1

Dodd-Like
I recall failing spectacularly badly at this last year. I predict a repeat performance on my part ... :abused:

RamblinWreck09

Greatly appreciated amongst mid 30s Turkish males
Dear Sir:

I have been requested by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company to contact you for assistance in investing our vast windfall profits. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company has recently concluded a large number of contracts for oil exploration in the sub-Sahara region. The contracts have immediately produced moneys equaling US$40,000,000. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company is desirous of oil exploration in other parts of the world, however, because of certain regulations of the Nigerian Government, it is unable to move these funds to another region.

You assistance is requested as a non-Nigerian citizen to assist the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, and also the Central Bank of Nigeria, in moving these funds out of Nigeria and into a profitable investments. If the funds can be transferred to your name, in your United States account, then you can forward the funds as directed by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company. In exchange for your accommodating services, the Nigerian National Petroleum Company would agree to allow you to retain 10%, or US$4 million of this amount.

However, to be a legitimate transferee of these moneys according to Nigerian law, you must presently be a depositor of at least US$100,000 in a Nigerian bank which is regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria.

If it will be possible for you to assist us, we would be most grateful. We suggest that you meet with us in person in Lagos, and that during your visit I introduce you to the representatives of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, as well as with certain officials of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

Please call me at your earliest convenience at 18-467-4975. Time is of the essence in this matter; very quickly the Nigerian Government will realize that the Central Bank is maintaining this amount on deposit, and attempt to levy certain depository taxes on it.

Yours truly,

Prince Alyusi Islassis

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Hey thanks @coit

I posted the spreadsheet in the original post above.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
I took Coit's preseason polls multiplied the number of responders with the scores then divided that by a thousand to come up with a preseason BHC price of $1774.01.

So, if I am reading the sheet correctly, the opening price should be $968.99, right? That's what is summed up at the bottom of the "mult" column.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
So, if I am reading the sheet correctly, the opening price should be $968.99, right? That's what is summed up at the bottom of the "mult" column.
Cell I-21 is the price calculation, then column N is the new price 1 (opening price) and column U is closing price. The only thing you have to change on the spreadsheet is column O which the next game poll results and put the scores in columns b and c