Is Dabo the worst coach in the ACC?

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
Clemson has the best DL in the conference, by far...maybe even the country. They have outstanding running backs and a solid secondary.

How on earth are they only 6-6? A blind monkey could coach these animals to 6-6.

Clemson is physically embarrassing South Florida right now in the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

The score?

South Florida 7
Clemson 3

COASTAL
Frank Beamer
Al Golden
Paul Johnson
Butch Davis
Mike London
David Cutcliffe

ATLANTIC
Jimbo Fischer
Ralph Friedgen*
Tom O'Brien
Frank Spaziani
DABO SWINNEY
Jim Grobe

Seriously. Who on this list, is worse?

COASTAL
Frank Beamer
Al Golden
Paul Johnson
Butch Davis
Mike London
David Cutcliffe

ATLANTIC
Jimbo Fischer
Ralph Friedgen*
Tom O'Brien
Frank Spaziani
DABO SWINNEY
Jim Grobe

In all fairness, Shannon probably would of one before the firing. As an aside, wouldn't it be hilarious for South Florida to down two ACC coaches in one season?

As for the OP, they are 6-6 because their offense has had similar levels of mental skill as ours this season.

Mike London would give him a run for his money, but I still think Dumbo's the bigger idiot.

This is what happens when the AD listen to the fanbase and players for their favorite coach. Dabo is in over his head as a former position coach.

COASTAL
Frank Beamer
Al Golden
Paul Johnson
Butch Davis
Mike London
David Cutcliffe

ATLANTIC
Jimbo Fischer
Ralph Friedgen*
Tom O'Brien
Frank Spaziani
DABO SWINNEY
Jim Grobe

I don't think Spaziani is a good coach, and of course the verdict is still out on London and Golden.

Dabo is a clown though. There should be no reason that Clemson isn't a perennial favorite in the ACC. Them and FSU are the most "SECish" of the ACC schools and should really run this conference.

I hope Dabo stays a LONG time.

This is what happens when the AD listen to the fanbase and players for their favorite coach. Dabo is in over his head as a former position coach.

Totally agree.

That'd be like CPJ taking to heart what Anne Marie from Lithonia had to offer on play-calling during The Paul Johnson Call-In Show.

Totally agree.

That'd be like CPJ taking to heart what Anne Marie from Lithonia had to offer on play-calling during The Paul Johnson Call-In Show.

"If you listen to the fans in the stands, pretty soon you'll be sitting with them."

You're right, but I think we all figured this was a football thread not a general "who's got the biggest idiot coach in any sport" thread.

Of course, Blewitt's the top moron among Div 1 coaches.

On a side note: did anyone else notice that fantastic face paint job by the Tiger fans recently shown on TV? It was incredibly good...stencil maybe?

Why does Dabo still have Parker playing? They need to sit his ass the rest of the game, and get Taj some playing time. Does anyone care who won the 2010 Meineke Car Care Bowl? Nope. But people (well... ACC people) do care who wins the 2011 ACC Championship. Time to start preparing.

Dabo and KP made an unholy alliance last summer. KP decided he really didn't want to sacrifice his lucrative baseball career, but Dabo still holds his end up.

Correct.

Dabo inspired them emotionally to play over their heads in that initial year, but you can only ride that horse so far.

McWhorter also did well in his only outing as GT's HC for the same reason. And fans on this board all had emotional favorites with every hire. One emotional Hive font threatened to drop GT if it did not hire Bill Curry as AD. And he ranted about it for weeks afterwards, but did not follow through on the threat.

The question should always be, "Would any OTHER BCS team want this guy?" If that answer is no, then it speaks for itself.

I don't know. If Maryland is still coachless, then Dabo is better than nobody. But I think nobody is catching up fast.

Would you rather have Blewitt or nobody? My vote's for nobody. Atleast it doesn't cost us $7M.

What I don't get is why they burned a quarterback's redshirt just so that he can play a few games while Jacory Harris recovers from a concussion, AND then have him sit on the bench while Harris throws interceptions.

Back