Is Dabo the worst coach in the ACC?

What I don't get is why they burned a quarterback's redshirt just so that he can play a few games while Jacory Harris recovers from a concussion, AND then have him sit on the bench while Harris throws interceptions.

Cause Morris (i think that's him) would of played cept he injured his ankle during bowl practice. It was on the ESPN ticker a few days ago.

I will say one thing for Clemins,they have great talent and size and speed but they dont play together for four quarters and thats got to be coaching.I wish we had some of the players they have.

I will say one thing for Clemins,they have great talent and size and speed but they dont play together for four quarters and thats got to be coaching.I wish we had some of the players they have.

Though we can't exactly claim to be better at the whole "play together for four quarters" thing.

Yes, if current coaches are in the vote.

Over history, Bill Lewis is tied with Chan Gailey as the Worst Coach in ACC Football History.

Over history, Bill Lewis is tied with Chan Gailey as the Worst Coach in ACC Football History.

ST anti-Chan hyperbole rears its ugly head again.

Chan Gailey is nowhere near the "Worst Coach in ACC Football History." To suggest so reveals ignorance.

image_1853323.jpg

Put Chan with the athletes of a florida or georgy or miami or FSU and he could have held his own. As much as I dislike him he was a pretty good coach, he just never had a QB to fit his system.

he just never had a QB to fit his system.

-Urban Meyer won MNC in his 2nd year with a QB that didn't fit his system.
-CPJ has 26 wins in 3 season without a true option QB and no defense.

Good coaches adjust their system to the personnel they have available.
Chan was very average at best. I wouldn't put him in the "good" category.

Put Chan with the athletes of a florida or georgy or miami or FSU and he could have held his own. As much as I dislike him he was a pretty good coach, he just never had a QB to fit his system.

Wrong.

When cfn re-ranked the recruiting classes of 2003 + 2004, GA TECH finished 10th + 15th, overall....ahead of UGA.

He was almost a complete failure w/ the talent he had at his disposal.

Wrong.

When cfn re-ranked the recruiting classes of 2003 + 2004, GA TECH finished 10th + 15th, overall....ahead of UGA.

You can't re-rank recruiting classes. That's like re-ranking the pre-season rankings after the season is over, completely retarded.

Wrong.

Problem with re-ranking the classes in your argument is then you open the can-of-worms of maybe CCG was a good coach after all because he identified the raw talent and subsequently developed the talent better than the opposing coaches. I'm not saying I agree with that completely, but there is something to it.

No one thought the 2003-2005 classes were anything special at the time. We were competing with Duke, Wake, directional Louisiana for commits WAY more than we should've been. Back then we were doing back flips when we got a 3 star commit. Lets not forget how 'bad' our recruiting was back then.

Back