Is Key in over his head?

• Yes

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • No

Votes: 79 59.8%

• Total voters

MACHETE

Dodd-Like
Hard to ignore this question given some of the questionable game management.

There should be a "Don't Know" or "To Early to Tell" option.
When Bill Curry was named head coach he was in waaay over his head. After every game he would sit down with Bobby Dodd to figure out what he did right/wrong and what he should do in the future. Dodd taught Curry how to be a head coach.
Who is Key talking to as a mentor? Anybody know?

When Bill Curry was named head coach he was in waaay over his head. After every game he would sit down with Bobby Dodd to figure out what he did right/wrong and what he should do in the future. Dodd taught Curry how to be a head coach.
vad lee

magic-eight-ball-ask-again-later-photo-researchers-inc.jpg

He’s 7-8 (6-5) in 15 games; which is certainly better than Collins at any point. It is also the same record as PJ in his last 15.

The team has been competitive in every game this year. I think we’ve had the lead in every ACC game in Q4. Just need to finish better.

The Bowling Green is the only smudge on his resume.

He’s 7-8 (6-5) in 15 games; which is certainly better than Collins at any point. It is also the same record as PJ in his last 15.

The team has been competitive in every game this year. I think we’ve had the lead in every ACC game in Q4. Just need to finish better.

I don't like the smell of that smudge.

In his last season PJ beat Bowling Green 63-17

He's still very raw and new as our HC. I'm going to see how this season plays out and the off season moves going into next year. That will tell us a lot about how well equipped he is for leading us as the HC. Gotta see some "learning from mistakes" more so than we have thus far, I will say that.

If he's talking to anyone, hopefully its George O'Leary who he was assistant hc for at UCF or Nick Saban who he coached under at Alabama

I don't like the UGAg comparison, but Mark Richt had similar mixed results in year 1 as a new HC, especially learning game-time management. He was horrible with timeout usage and some down and distance situations. He threw away a game vs Auburn by calling a run play on 1st & goal at the 1 with :15 left. Our buddy Jasper Sanks got stopped short and time ran out.

John Dewberry? Mark Teixeira?

Back