Is Key in over his head?

Is Key in over his head?

• Yes

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • No

Votes: 79 59.8%

• Total voters
When you listen to him he's still technical in much of his comments. You'd expect that from a position coach. What he's having to learn is oversee everything at a 50,000 foot level and manage the various areas and the PR part. I still think it was a good move to change the defensive coaching around with what he had versus firing everyone and starting from scratch with someone new in the middle of the year. He did the best with what he had. Now the defensive lapses are another conversation but like we all know, this is his first gig as a HC.

KQ said CBK addressed the offensive inconsistencies and talked to Faulkner about it this week. He said they’re working on a few wrinkles which they think will alleviate offensive woes. We’ll see. I’m in the @coit boat, I still think offense struggling and going 3 and out often or turning the ball over is the main reason why defense gives out.

The way I see it, we LOOK better, and actually resemble a true football team. That's my stance, and I'm willing to give him some time to get acclimated to busting some noses
I’ll agree with this. I’m not embarrassed to watch the team which I have to keep reminding myself was the main goal this season.

I think the team is definitely in better shape right now than the last 3 years. That's not saying a whole lot, but it's something. I think there is a lack of cohesion because of the new staff and new players. I think there is a nervous tension and a "here we go again" attitude when faced with adversity which leads to crumbling late in games. I also think there is some division in the locker room and probably on the staff. And then there are the growing pains of a first time head coach/game manager.

All of those things lead to us being inconsistent but competitive most of the time but then not being able to close it out or respond when things turn sour. That is almost worst than just plain out sucking like we did the last three years because we can see the possibilities. I think that stuff can get better in time if the leadership does their parts.

How’s bowl eligibility not happening when we’re beating UNC, Clemson and uga?

jerry-seinfeld-im-right.gif

No, Key is doing the best he can, give it some time and I believe he will take us to the promised land!

Key was not my choice but I think you have to give him a bit of time. Collins left Key with much less talented and less disciplined team than PJ left Collins. The best coaches in the world would have a tough time with this roster. We have some players but not at most positions and with not a lot of depth.

This is a retarded take
I don’t really care. Nick Saban did not have to write that. For sure it means something that he took the time to do it. That message is also the most cookie cutter thing imaginable with the only personal statement being related to his alma mater.

I also don’t really give a öööö what Nick Saban thinks about our coach in general, so maybe you took my original post more negatively than it really is.

I don’t really care. Nick Saban did not have to write that. For sure it means something that he took the time to do it. That message is also the most cookie cutter thing imaginable with the only personal statement being related to his alma mater.

I also don’t really give a öööö what Nick Saban thinks about our coach in general, so maybe you took my original post more negatively than it really is.
This is the internet. Nearly everything is taken more negatively than it really is.

In fairness, in todays everybody at .500 goes to a bowl world Curry’s teams would have qualified for a bowl in ‘82, ‘84, ‘85, and ‘86.
We have a ways to go to do multiple Bowls seasons... But we are better this year then at anytime under Clown. The question becomes is this the ceiling with Key of the Floor. I am hoping it is the floor.

Back