It’s official.

Must have missed where Fritz won a National Championship and had the National Coach of the Year Award named after him....Clearly comparable careers????
Very comparable won/loss records and Fritz did his under tougher conditions. Dodd owned Atlanta & a lot of Georgia early in his career with much better background support than some of the places Fritz coached. I am not saying Dodd was not a great coach he clearly was just illustrating he won at the same rate as Dodd did. If that jars with your preconcieved opinion that is just the way it is.

Very comparable won/loss records and Fritz did his under tougher conditions. Dodd owned Atlanta & a lot of Georgia early in his career with much better background support than some of the places Fritz coached. I am not saying Dodd was not a great coach he clearly was just illustrating he won at the same rate as Dodd did. If that jars with your preconcieved opinion that is just the way it is.
although the records are true, one must expect to have less resources when coaching in Div 3, FCS and non-P5.
This denigrates our Coach Dodd.
Fritz is no Dodd. There is NO realistic comparison between the two.

although the records are true, one must expect to have less resources when coaching in Div 3, FCS and non-P5.
This denigrates our Coach Dodd.
Fritz is no Dodd. There is NO realistic comparison between the two.
A very clear comparison is they both won games at the same rate.

georgy... Guessing Fritz is your brother in law? LOL

No other way you can compare him with Dodd. And btw...Dodd won against the SEC teams not the AAC teams and cream puffs.

georgy... Guessing Fritz is your brother in law? LOL

No other way you can compare him with Dodd. And btw...Dodd won against the SEC teams not the AAC teams and cream puffs.
He also had lots of support in those days GT football was the biggest game in town.
Fritz's overall record speaks for itself.
Not many coaches win 100 more games than they lose.

I don’t like the fact that big $$ donors telling the AD what to do (if true). However, if they spend the money they “saved” on recruiting and assistants, this could turn out as a win.

Back