It’s the day after

Graduation rates are good. At the end of the day that is what matters to GT.

Quite true -I meant to add this to the end of my post. CPJ has done an outstanding job in this area and should be given credit for the good graduation rates.

Yeah, we get it. You went out and found perspective. Hooray for you. You are so enlightened.

Some of us don’t enjoy losing and think we can do better. But it’s great that you like mediocrity and continued losing.
Mediocrity would require a significant upgrade.

I wouldn't say I'm pissed off.

I think, and I have been a CPJ supporter since his hiring, that CPJ has peaked and is now on the downside in terms of his success level on The Flats.

TM is not a QB, we know this, so I'm not blaming the kid.

Why, after ten years, are we having to move a RB to QB?
Why are our ST abysmal -perhaps the worst of all Power Five teams -if not FBS?
Why do we not have a decent FG kicker?
Why has our D struggled for basically the entire ten year period?
Why has the O, the concept of the 3O, not expanded seemingly for the entire ten year period?
Why has a passing game not developed -an intermediate passing game that would do so much to enhance this offense?

I know the difficulties that come with coaching, recruiting -bringing in the right kids for an Institution such as Georgia Tech. Perhaps no one else could do any better. Perhaps bringing in a young up-and-comer would see a few years of struggling before the ship is righted.

So no, I'm not pissed off. I have just come to the realization that it's time for a change.

Focusing on the expansion of the triple option SCAM. In 2008 we were told CPJ's offense was virtually limitless. The first year we could only install a teeny weeny fraction of the offense due to time constraints and not having the right kind of players at critical positions. Give it time. The playbook has so many variations, so much innovation. Think Hawaii and the run and gun, think Southern and championships, Tracy Ham, and Adrian Petersen. Think Navy beating Notre Dame. I have seen good offensive output by this offense, but I have never seen anything past the basic vanilla core plays. And even those have been lacking execution lately. Anybody see Army-Oklahoma yesterday?

we aren't good right now, and that's surprising, given how many guys were coming back. You would think we'd be operating much better on offense than we are, regardless of TQM's shortcomings at QB.
But we can take solace in this - aside from Clemson, the rest of the ACC is a flaming bag of poop. so if we can find a way to not stink up the outhouse a little less from week to week, this can turn out to be a decent season.

Focusing on the expansion of the triple option SCAM. In 2008 we were told CPJ's offense was virtually limitless. The first year we could only install a teeny weeny fraction of the offense due to time constraints and not having the right kind of players at critical positions. Give it time. The playbook has so many variations, so much innovation. Think Hawaii and the run and gun, think Southern and championships, Tracy Ham, and Adrian Petersen. Think Navy beating Notre Dame. I have seen good offensive output by this offense, but I have never seen anything past the basic vanilla core plays. And even those have been lacking execution lately. Anybody see Army-Oklahoma yesterday?

Not really against what you're saying, just adding my 2 cent. I think the idea variations and innovations are at the level below plays, adjusting who blocks who, who runs where, that sort of thing and we've done it on many occasions to great effect. We've seen some outrageously good output by this offense at times; I think the 2014 one broke the FEI offensive efficiency calculator. However, if you suck at running it you aren't gonna get that.

Yeah, we get it. You went out and found perspective. Hooray for you. You are so enlightened.

Some of us don’t enjoy losing and think we can do better. But it’s great that you like mediocrity and continued losing.

You’re correlating “not pissed off” with “enjoys losing”. I don’t enjoy watching my team lose, just don’t expend energy being angry about it. I save that emotion for things going wrong that I can actually change and that have a real impact on my life.

I’ve been a fan long enough to have figured out that loving this team isn’t easy, but has some real great moments that make it fun.

I am more disappointed in the overall BDS experience nowadays. Hell, even game programs went for $5 last year to $10 this year. Sure, we get a discount on a few things at certain concession stands that aren't Sonny's, Twisted Taco, Chick Fil A....blah blah....grab a hotdog essentially, but prices are up on concessions.

I just hope I can watch the band from the north stand stair landing next week without being harassed or I may just as the security person to call her supervisor and just have them toss me out as a fitting end to me being a longtime season ticket holder.

One of the most telling comments I’ve read about the abysmal state of Tech football:

Ken Suguira, when describing our ongoing train wreck yesterday.

To me, this says more about our ridiculous multi-year patience with the status quo and acceptance that we have surrendered our program to irrelevancy than a comment on our recent collapse.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...ng-start-loss-clemson/M9XbJ9YYuyv7UzWowL34LO/
Someone on ESPN wrote that we "looked lost."

I'm not sure how to feel about that. It's certainly not a compliment but it's not the same as saying we're a bad team.

Someone on ESPN wrote that we "looked lost."

I'm not sure how to feel about that. It's certainly not a compliment but it's not the same as saying we're a bad team.
I believe someone on here said we had 8 fumbles yesterday. That is the definition of lost. If Marshall was hurt and couldn't run the offense at the speed which it needed to be run, he needed to be out of the ball game. He looked slow. You cannot run our offense and be that slow.

Apathy has set in.

The stadium yesterday was as apathetic as I've seen it. There was too much orange there, even in the season ticket sections. And although we admittedly didn't have much to cheer, the Tech fans were abnormally quiet and seemed resigned to our fate from the start. I'm as guilty as anyone, I really don't hate Clemson enough considering how they've treated us like a doormat the last 4-5 years.

I think in general the Graduation Rates at GT have gone up - so the football team is following suit. Also, who knows exact reason why for the better graduation rates - perhaps a softer curriculum or amount of work required to be done. I am sure the "student" athlete has improved - but there are many possible reasons for the uptick. Don't get me wrong - it is a good thing. But I would gladly have 0% graduation rate and a national championship (that's just me...).

It’s the day after and I still feel the same.

Brent Venables is the way, the truth, and the life! GT doesn’t ascend to the CFP except through him!

Back