It’s the day after

why if it is 2 consenting adults is it any of your business?
If you want to have a conversation about sexual ethics, maybe we should meet in person. Are you free tomorrow at 11 am? Peachtree Battle Starbucks?

Lane had been a college head coach for all of a year when he set foot on the USC campus, and they had just been hit with NCAA sanctions, too. And he went 8-5 his first year and 10-2 his second, despite that. The end of it was a 7-6 season and a being 3-2(!) the next one. They fired him a couple games after the sanctions expired (for losing to a team that would go on to win 10 games including 3 other ranked foes, in a game where they gave away 4 turnovers). This will be his ninth year now in the upper ranks of college, two of which he spent maturing under Saban. His FAU results speak for themselves in the win column, in the offensive stats, and in recruiting. I am pretty sure his FAU team this year would give us a game.

The dude just got his shots too early in his career to take them properly, IMO. If you look at what he brings to the table, though, he's now made his mistakes and got his experience, he's seen how Saban runs things (and called a record setting offense for him, too) and what a couple of the top destinations in the sport look like, and he's clearly matured a little personally as well, since he seems to finally be weary of the constant celebrity humiliation he received at the center of the sport. He's running a fun, wide open offense that people clearly want to play in, he's recruiting his ass off, and he's building a good program down at FAU right now essentially from scratch. It won't be long before this guy gets another shot at the P5 level, and I think just about everyone who didn't pull the trigger on him is going to be kicking themselves.

These are all great points, but there are also so many negatives:

He was 5-15 at the Raiders before getting fired 1.5 years in.
He was 7-6 at Tennessee before bolting for USC.
He lasted 3.5 years at USC before getting left by the team bus.
He was such a douche as OC at Bama that they asked him to leave BEFORE THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.
And now he's had ONE good season at FAU and people want him again.

He also brought in at least 12 transfers (including multiple 4 and 5 stars) going into his first year at FAU, something that would obviously never happen at GT for a myriad of reasons. I get that he had a good year, but it's not like he was punching up - he probably had better talent than all but 1 team on his schedule, including a couple he lost to.

Maybe he would work out at GT - maybe not. To me, the risk of embarrassing the program is not worth it. I don't think he represents what GT is, and I don't think he's proven to be a good enough coach to take a chance. He's probably at least worth an interview, though.

You guys are so funny... I love this board for over the top posts... ... .... you are serious arent you? HAHAHAHAHAHA. You are serious. You laugh at the triple option, I laugh at your beer killed brain cells making a push for Lane Kiffin. You guys kill me, but please not in real person.

I do not encourge posting after reading the above content for anyone SMOKING CRACK ROCK AND WANTING LANE KIFFIN, lol ... that is so funny. This has made 1 and 3 worth it. This is like GTs version of Dumb and Dummer. That was a funny movie.

GT would be so screwed with players failing and scholarships reduced and totally WRECKed. I understand why people don’t like CPJ, but this is criminally insane and wipes out any credibility a poster may have on an anonymous Internet forum.

Best shot please and the big cry too... keep in mind that is me crying tears of laughter at you. So funny... in fact if you agree please give me the big cry so I can laugh and show the world my tears of joy...

You guys are so funny... I love this board for over the top posts... ... .... you are serious arent you? HAHAHAHAHAHA. You are serious. You laugh at the triple option, I laugh at your beer killed brain cells making a push for Lane Kiffin. You guys kill me, but please not in real person.

I do not encourge posting after reading the above content for anyone SMOKING CRACK ROCK AND WANTING LANE KIFFIN, lol ... that is so funny. This has made 1 and 3 worth it. This is like GTs version of Dumb and Dummer. That was a funny movie.

GT would be so screwed with players failing and scholarships reduced and totally WRECKed. I understand why people don’t like CPJ, but this is criminally insane and wipes out any credibility a poster may have on an anonymous Internet forum.

Best shot please and the big cry too... keep in mind that is me crying tears of laughter at you. So funny... in fact if you agree please give me the big cry so I can laugh and show the world my tears of joy...
BUTTHURT.gif

Back