J Batt made the right moves it seems

Like I said: Gef played up the angle. If you remember the details: GOL basically told Gef to stop bothering him. And then Gef took credit for recruiting wins that likely would have happened anyway.

TStan told you why he hired Geoff: vision, marketing and branding. He won the interview.

[QUOTE="Walton, post: 3325258, member: 17808"
TStan told you why he hired Geoff: vision, marketing and branding. He won the interview.
[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine interviewing that clown and coming away thinking, "Yeah, this is the guy for the job." For almost 4 years every time he opened his mouth I wanted to punch him in the face.

[QUOTE="Walton, post: 3325258, member: 17808"

I can't imagine interviewing that clown and coming away thinking, "Yeah, this is the guy for the job." For almost 4 years every time he opened his mouth I wanted to punch him in the face.
[/QUOTE]
I have watched a few of the cringeworthy post game and weekly pressers. The one before his last game against UCF is just total cringe.

1703779780141.png

CPJ was an amazing coach because of his ability to win even with 40th-50th recruiting classes. Negative recruiting, lack of funds for decent assistants, overall recruiting challenges because of the scheme, he was still able to get us 3 wins in Athens, a top 10 finish, two orange bowl appearances, one orange bowl win, one gator bowl win, an ACC title and 3 division titles. Gimmick is a word Tech fans with uga relatives and friends use because they heard it so much they got Stockholm syndrome. Having said that, Paul didn’t kiss donors’ asses, he was a dick to anyone who questioned him and at the end he wasn’t gonna get the support he needed to continue winning, even the little support he got. It was time for a change but we made the absolute worst change because of a few Tech alumni donors who of course think they always know the best. You’re right we don’t need a gimmick to win like some on this board argued for, we just need good football coaches and a dude who bleeds white and gold at the helm like CBK.
Good points. There was alot to like and alot to dislike about PJ and his 30. What I appreciated about Paul was he knew when it was time for him to move on and he did not try to gouge Tech about retirement money. I believe he took 1 mil and never complained.

Goof sucked and seems like a crappy person. But I watched his introductory press conference and was jacked to the tits. I don’t mind admitting that I was totally duped. He said all the right things and it was a fresh take on the Tech brand. He was a snake oil salesman. But it also got us Key now so I’m happy with where we’ve landed.

This is an important distinction that many including myself were saying, because a loud contingent on here were adamant about certain candidates purely to keep the option. Any imitation to follow would have been an absolute disaster…even moreso than already in my opinion.

Air raid worked very well for tcu for quite some time. I think a gimmick wont save a bad coach, but it can give a good coach a bit of an edge. But a good gimmick will be incorporated by others if it works. The option and spread concepts are pretty ubiquitous now.

Air raid worked very well for tcu for quite some time. I think a gimmick wont save a bad coach, but it can give a good coach a bit of an edge. But a good gimmick will be incorporated by others if it works. The option and spread concepts are pretty ubiquitous now.
Air raid was just another take of the Ware and Klingler offenses of Houston

It’s understated how poor Bud Peterson was as president. It’s not a coincidence that our demise in sports and stagnation in academics occurred during his tenure.

And Alumni relations.

He always does.

It is funny to watch his version of Reacher and then watch the series Reacher to see who really should have played the part.

I've read 5 Reacher books and I get why Ritchson is better than Cruise, but Cruise's first Reacher movie ROCKS. The Prime series is fantastic.

New Reacher looks the part but doesn’t quite get the attitude or dialogue right. The first Cruise movie was near perfect and great.

I had given to roll call to every year since I started at Tech. I stopped giving when they painted the Klaus steps rainbow. I won’t give a dime until that is removed.

For me it was when my tailgate got evicted from the 4th street apartment lawns to protect the grass. They didn't even send an alumni relations rep, just campus police, with made-up BS about us breaking windows to plug in equipment. We played our connections to elevate to the office of the president because we had been there for many years, and when someone told us we weren't worth Bud's time, he reply-all'd like an idiot saying effectively "haha good one." I believe he had been BCC'd on that too.

We all stopped donating until he was gone.

Angel Cabrera is an improvement of several orders of magnitude.

This is why I would never call Air Raid (or any other unique offensive style) a gimmick. It’s an innovation. In this day and age, I do not see Tech getting to the level we want (consistently competing for conference titles and playoff spots) without an innovative coach and/or coordinator. Fridge was that guy for us in the Ross and GOL days, and CPJ did his thing more recently. I actually think Gailey was a solid coach, but he did not have a guy like that on staff, and IMO that is why we never really broke through under him, despite having some pretty good players.

This is why I would never call Air Raid (or any other unique offensive style) a gimmick. It’s an innovation. In this day and age, I do not see Tech getting to the level we want (consistently competing for conference titles and playoff spots) without an innovative coach and/or coordinator. Fridge was that guy for us in the Ross and GOL days, and CPJ did his thing more recently. I actually think Gailey was a solid coach, but he did not have a guy like that on staff, and IMO that is why we never really broke through under him, despite having some pretty good players.
I just don’t agree. In the era of NIL and free agency, we are more than ever in play for conference championships and beyond. Look what Key did in his first full season. We didn’t run a specialty offense and still had good success. It’s really simple and always has been. Have a disciplined team with great offensive and defensive lines and everything else falls into place.

I just don’t agree. In the era of NIL and free agency, we are more than ever in play for conference championships and beyond. Look what Key did in his first full season. We didn’t run a specialty offense and still had good success. It’s really simple and always has been. Have a disciplined team with great offensive and defensive lines and everything else falls into place.

Great offensive and defensive lines are the hardest groups to recruit and develop.... That's a big part of why bama has been so good the last decade. I'm not following why NIL makes it easier for tech to succeed in the hardest part.

I love CBK and am excited about the future, but we went 7-6. We are a long way from being a playoff contender. In my lifetime, we have never sniffed that level without doing something different, particularly on offense.

Back