JacketFan77......smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want others to be earnest, you gotta be earnest, too. Not easy, admittedly.
Has nothing to do with earnest. These guys that would make fun of anyone that died with cancer are simply bad people. I had leukemia myself and my mother suffered greatly. I have been around many people with the disease and it is a nightmare!! It is rampant in this country. These people that make fun of these unfortunate people may have cursed themselves. God may give them a taste of it and they won't be laughing but probably crying.

I'm not friends with jjacket or seb
giphy (13).gif

Has nothing to do with earnest. These guys that would make fun of anyone that died with cancer are simply bad people. I had leukemia myself and my mother suffered greatly. I have been around many people with the disease and it is a nightmare!! It is rampant in this country. These people that make fun of these unfortunate people may have cursed themselves. God may give them a taste of it and they won't be laughing but probably crying.
Then quit being a douchebag and calling everyone queers.

Simple.

Some would say that those who vulgarly make fun of gay people are also bad people.

200.gif

:bigcry:

Some people on this board – I'll number myself among them – think talking about homosexuality casually is in just as poor taste as talking about cancer casually.

Note, I didn't say 'making fun of,' because my objections to your talk of homosexuals comes from the opposite end of the spectrum than andrew's.

Some people on this board – I'll number myself among them – think talking about homosexuality casually is in just as poor taste as talking about cancer casually.

Note, I didn't say 'making fun of,' because my objections to your talk of homosexuals comes from the opposite end of the spectrum than andrew's.

Here’s the thing about that.

Your feelings about homosexuality ate rooted in your Biblical beliefs. Not everyone has those beliefs. And the Bible is not proven to be 100% true. In fact there are many things in the Bible that have been disproven. And many things that should be easy to prove but have not been proven.

Therefore you should be tolerant of people that believe differently than you do, even if you disagree with them.

Lets find out his views on kurds and armenians before we pass judgment

Your feelings about homosexuality ate rooted in your Biblical beliefs. Not everyone has those beliefs. And the Bible is not proven to be 100% true. In fact there are many things in the Bible that have been disproven. And many things that should be easy to prove but have not been proven.

Therefore you should be tolerant of people that believe differently than you do, even if you disagree with them.

What're you a queer or something?

I'm curious what the purpose of this post was...? Virtue signaling? You can't think you're telling me something I haven't heard before. So are you trying to start a conversation? Do you see yourself as reaching across a divide to build bridges?

It sounds like you do not share my belief, not just as to the reliability of the Bible, but even as to how we would test such reliability. So it will probably be hard for us to talk about the Bible without many hours of background work. And in my experience, such conversations do not happen on ST. Is that something you have the time, patience and energy for?

PS. Do you find any irony at all in telling others, with such certainty, that they shouldn't be so certain?

Then quit being a douchebag and calling everyone queers.

Simple.
I see remarks about gays on this board all the time! That is not in the same ballpark with cancer victims! You should be ashamed of yourself. Never seen anyone with no compassion at all, sad

Didn't you read any of Ahsoisee's post? :biggrin:

I'm curious what the purpose of this post was...? Virtue signaling? You can't think you're telling me something I haven't heard before. So are you trying to start a conversation? Do you see yourself as reaching across a divide to build bridges?

It sounds like you do not share my belief, not just as to the reliability of the Bible, but even as to how we would test such reliability. So it will probably be hard for us to talk about the Bible without many hours of background work. And in my experience, such conversations do not happen on ST. Is that something you have the time, patience and energy for?

PS. Do you find any irony at all in telling others, with such certainty, that they shouldn't be so certain?

Scientific method. I didn’t state any of personal beliefs in that post.

I see remarks about gays on this board all the time! That is not in the same ballpark with cancer victims! You should be ashamed of yourself. Never seen anyone with no compassion at all, sad
Dude, my wife had cancer. Twice. She wold tell you that if you don't want someone to insult you, don't insult them first.

I don’t think anyone was advocating intolerance of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back