JacketFan77......smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always believed that if the yellow hanky wasn't thrown, then there must not have been an infraction. How hard is that to understand?

Fact: It is physically impossible for UGA fans to gracefully lose a game without blaming refs or claiming the other team is dirty.

They have the weakest claim to bad officiating in this game.

The punt block offsides was the biggest "bad" call, but Bama false started first which would have negated the block if correctly called. UGA still had good field position and floundered.

Bama's receiver MIGHT have flinched a milli-second before the ball moved on their TD. Literally negligible. Go watch every one of UGA's plays in slowmo and i'll bet you can find a dozen instances of flinching a milli-second before the snap.

UGA fans are whining about a finger on a facemask as if the fact that a finger touched their guys facemask during the tackle was advantageous for Bama. They are literally looking to get bailed out on a bad play by officiating and a lucky finger grab. That is not a call "against" UGA by any stretch. Same thing with the little head shove to Fromm. You didnt lose the game because of 2 non-calls on bad plays. UGA did plenty of shoving of their own that COULD have been called.

UGA's receiver stepped out on the long TD catch, yet the play stood.

UGA's receiver bobbled the ball when he hit the ground during the catch on the sideline before the 1st half TD, but it was ruled a catch.

They were straight up outplayed in the second half...even gifted 2 missed FG's by Bama, and still couldnt secure the win, through no fault but their own.

uga has won at least a dozen games from us in my lifetime where the officiating or lack thereof (often with less than a minute to go) decided the outcome. I can think of only one that went our way, 1999. Looking back, this almost makes losing to them this year OK. Suppose we had upset them and knocked them out of the playoffs. Then the dwags would never have had that sweet taste on the lips after the sack turn into a gusher of diarrhea down the throat. I suspect it will take years of Listerine to get the taste out of their mouth. It will inhabit their psyche ("What's the use; we'll just lose to Bama again"). Everything possible in the universe aligned for them this year, and it still wasn't enough. Despair is their only destiny.

Any Tech fan that feels differently did not experience 1980-1982. We are still recovering from that tectonic shift in our fortunes. Another period like that and we probably would have to eliminate the program. I never have and never will be happy to see uga win a game against anybody. The only possible exception might be next year when a four loss uga team upsets Bama in the SECCG so that we don't have to face them in the first round of the playoffs.

Fact: It is physically impossible for UGA fans to gracefully lose a game without blaming refs or claiming the other team is dirty.

They have the weakest claim to bad officiating in this game.

The punt block offsides was the biggest "bad" call, but Bama false started first which would have negated the block if correctly called. UGA still had good field position and floundered.

Bama's receiver MIGHT have flinched a milli-second before the ball moved on their TD. Literally negligible. Go watch every one of UGA's plays in slowmo and i'll bet you can find a dozen instances of flinching a milli-second before the snap.

UGA fans are whining about a finger on a facemask as if the fact that a finger touched their guys facemask during the tackle was advantageous for Bama. They are literally looking to get bailed out on a bad play by officiating and a lucky finger grab. That is not a call "against" UGA by any stretch. Same thing with the little head shove to Fromm. You didnt lose the game because of 2 non-calls on bad plays. UGA did plenty of shoving of their own that COULD have been called.

UGA's receiver stepped out on the long TD catch, yet the play stood.

UGA's receiver bobbled the ball when he hit the ground during the catch on the sideline before the 1st half TD, but it was ruled a catch.

They were straight up outplayed in the second half...even gifted 2 missed FG's by Bama, and still couldnt secure the win, through no fault but their own.

Good points. It's not as if Bama was getting away with lots of defensive holding/PI or something that would directly impede UGA's ability to be competitive.

It's the dwags, who gives a öööö if the refs screwed them? The refs missed calls both ways, like every other game ever played. Piss on 'em

Lol even Chuck and Chernoff both said stop blaming the refs. They said it's part of the game and georgia didn't lose because of them.

Seems like you're salty because we're not good enough to deliver the result ourselves, and watching the result happen in any other way just reminds you of our inadequacy. This isn't a very rewarding way to think about sports, as I'm sure you realize, nor is it a very rewarding way to think about anything else, in my opinion. In general, should we not be happy when a good thing happens, just because we aren't good enough to do it?

There are plenty of places you will find and certainly have found yourself in life where that will be or was the case. Humility is important for a person, and at the true center of that for each of us is mindfulness of our inescapable flaws, but it would be a pretty pointless life that lets this situation override all else. At some point you have to find the faith to say "although I am not good, that does not matter now. All that matters is what is good, and that I can see in front of me. Thank God that there is good in the world."

Now I'm not suggesting that football needs to be on that level for you, although for some it seems to be. Just that a similar approach to this situation would help you in many ways. For one, you'd be a lot easier with the state of your world if you could accept rain on your proverbial fields that you don't deserve. For two, you wouldn't be in a salt war with all your friends, which I find better to avoid than not. Your mileage may vary.

You're a pretty thick skinned guy, so a little salt probably doesn't sting you too much, but we'd love to have you over here anyway. Consider it food for thought.

sigging this -all of it :ugh:

Sorry not sorry. I wanted them to be decimated by Bama not ööööed over by refs, which is what happened on several plays. I don’t give a öööö who it is, it happens too often in big games and I will never ööööing forget Ron Cherry. Never.

You are a cancer to the GT fan base. GTFOH. Both teams had some calls go against them. You're a disgrace to the real GT fans.

I didn’t expect this thread to be this hard on @JacketFan77 , who is a good dude despite being a vag in this instance. He’s not a traitor, a terrible Tech fan, of any of the other things he’s been called. He just needs to nut up and remember that uga losing in any way is a good way.

Wow, @JacketFan77 has classic little brother syndrome. They make a cream for that, dude.

Refs my ass. They gave the Dwags a TD on a play that had the receiver stepping on the line and some sort of sideline interference. And they let them hold on just about every play. I don't recall them getting one holding call against them.

Calls go both ways. Bama was called for a neutral zone infraction when the guy clearly didn't step across the line. On the punt, the UGA guy was just as much across the line. Blaming the refs is for whiners.

On the punt the Alabama guys flinched early. Shoulda been a 5 yarder. Still no block.

I didn’t expect this thread to be this hard on @JacketFan77 , who is a good dude despite being a vag in this instance. He’s not a traitor, a terrible Tech fan, of any of the other things he’s been called. He just needs to nut up and remember that uga losing in any way is a good way.

He's a part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor! Take him away!

He's a part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor! Take him away!
I don't know why that made this gif pop up in my mind.

LaJ9Kmo.gif

@JacketFan77, don't worry man. I've got your back. I, too, was pissed about the officiating.
I mean, I was hoping that the ref, after throwing the sideline violation penalty, would get in Kirby Smart's face and dare him to say something. All of which would hopefully result in Smart making a comment, the ref throwing a sucker punch and then teabagging Kirby on national tv.

So yeah, I get why you're pissed about the officiating.
1a72029610823ae245cb490d4636241d2f1dbf572d3a48e9aef1cadb75f25c5d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back