Jackets in the draft

I'll be surprised if Simmons doesn't get picked up somewhere. He's still full of so much untapped potential. I hate that he didn't get to play in our new defense, because I feel like it fits him a whole lot better.

I'd be a bit surprised if any of them actually get drafted. Jeune maybe but, otherwise, the talent just isn't there IMO. I see them all as UDFAs.

Doesn't UCF have more WR's in the NFL?

Simmons could get drafted late based on his athleticism as a project. Jeune has an outside shot as well. He is big bodied and blocks well, but is a middling WR talent. No one else has a shot. Most likely outcome is no jackets get called.

By the way, this speaks to our massive talent deficiency. The fans of the teams we want to be on par with (UGA, Clemson, VT, Miami, etc) are never wondering the day of the draft if ANY players will even be picked.

We never had this conversation under Gailey either...we always had a couple.

By the way, this speaks to our massive talent deficiency. The fans of the teams we want to be on par with (UGA, Clemson, VT, Miami, etc) are never wondering the day of the draft if ANY players will even be picked.

We never had this conversation under Gailey either...we always had a couple.
besides 2005 ...man 2004 and 2008 were nice
2008 Philip Wheeler OLB Indianapolis Colts
2008 Tashard Choice RB Dallas Cowboys
2008 Durant Brooks P Washington Redskins
2007 Calvin Johnson WR Detroit Lions
2007 Mansfield Wrotto G Seattle Seahawks
2006 Gerris Wilkinson LB New York Giants
2006 P.J. Daniels RB Baltimore Ravens
2006 Dawan Landry SS Baltimore Ravens
2005 NOTHING
2004 Daryl Smith OLB Jacksonville Jaguars
2004 Anthony Hargrove DE St. Louis Rams
2004 Keyaron Fox LB Kansas City Chiefs
2004 Nat Dorsey T Minnesota Vikings
2004 Jonathan Smith WR Buffalo Bills
2003 Tony Hollings RB Houston Texans

Last year UGA didn't have some one drafted was 1992
VT 1993
Clemson 2002
GT was 2013(only year without one under CPJ)

Here is a list of Players that came during Chan's tenure but were drafted after he left
2010 Derrick Morgan DE Tennessee Titans
2010 Demaryius Thomas WR Denver Broncos
2010 Morgan Burnett SS Green Bay Packers
2010 Jonathan Dwyer RB Pittsburgh Steelers
2009 Michael Johnson DE Cincinnati Bengals
2009 Andrew Gardner T Miami Dolphins
2009 Vance Walker DT Atlanta Falcons
2009 Darryl Richard DT New England Patriots

(devil's advocate would say Chan was starting to get in a groove recruiting)

Last edited:
Truth be told, until I saw the article, I hadn't thought much about the draft at all this year because my enthusiasm for the NFL has dipped in the last year and we don't have any early round prospects. It would be nice to see another Jacket be an impact player in the pros. With the retirement of Calvin, we are kind of hanging our hats on Butker now.

Man. Freeman fell off the map. Such a great start and disappointing finish.

Man. Freeman fell off the map. Such a great start and disappointing finish.

No doubt.
Dropped in every statistical category every year he was here. From 54 tackles, 9.5 for a loss, 4.5 sacks his freshman year to 22 tackles, 3 for loss, 0 sacks his senior year (missed 2 games). Pretty much coincides with the rest of the defense. Freeman's best year was 2014, when we actually made negative plays and forced turnovers.

Truth be told, until I saw the article, I hadn't thought much about the draft at all this year because my enthusiasm for the NFL has dipped in the last year and we don't have any early round prospects. It would be nice to see another Jacket be an impact player in the pros. With the retirement of Calvin, we are kind of hanging our hats on Butker now.
Shaq Mason, Bay Bay.

I'm surprised Devine isn't a higher prospect solely due to his massive size.

6 pack of Icehouse bet still on table. Simmons drafted by Bucs in 6-7 round.

If anyone listened to 680 & Steak this a.m. man , did he ever go overboard on the number of ugay draftes and sec drafts. He also went into details how many would go in the second round. He has no shame in his love for uga and the sec.

If anyone listened to 680 & Steak this a.m. man , did he ever go overboard on the number of ugay draftes and sec drafts. He also went into details how many would go in the second round. He has no shame in his love for uga and the sec.

Seriously, you don’t think 3 FIRST ROUND picks is somewhat impressive? Or maybe I don’t know how overboard he went. If we had 3 1st rounders, what do you think would be going on here?

Last edited:

What have we done to make him talk about us and make listeners want to listen? We need to play better if we want some media attention. Hell, the gaggers should have won the national championship. Literally had it and shat the sheets in glorious fashion.

Back