Jeremi Hall Visiting USF

Wow. You must really be comfortable with 6-7 and the status quo with the number of posts trying to defend 6-7.

How did you get that from my post?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

As a UNC student and alum I can say without bias that UNC is a joke for athletes. Built in cheating with athletic tutoring, and easy joke majors. As bad as UGA or worse (was probably worse before they shut down the african american studies crap).

EDIT:
And UNC alum are pissed about the whole deal. But not pissed enough to give up their competitive edge in basketball. Duke does the same things for basketball at least.

Mtown I went to tech. I got tutored by the SA tutors in the late 90s. I hate to break it to you, but we had the tests before the test ALL THE öööö TIME. And if it wasn't the exact test, which it wasn't, it was 90% the same.

It happens alot, everywhere. Does tech have cheat majors, no, does tech use tutors that are also the TA's and provide alot more info to the athlete than the regular student you can bet your backside

some of us act a little too self righteous about our school. I have stories that mirror football factories. It is what it is. Not going to air anything more online, but it happened; not sure if it still does. The late 90s' was a different era than today...thats for sure.

Mtown I went to tech. I got tutored by the SA tutors in the late 90s. I hate to break it to you, but we had the tests before the test ALL THE öööö TIME. And if it wasn't the exact test, which it wasn't, it was 90% the same.

It happens alot, everywhere. Does tech have cheat majors, no, does tech use tutors that are also the TA's and provide alot more info to the athlete than the regular student you can bet your backside

some of us act a little too self righteous about our school. I have stories that mirror football factories. It is what it is. Not going to air anything more online, but it happened; not sure if it still does. The late 90s' was a different era than today...thats for sure.

Sounds like GT operated in the shady zone with respect to academic "help" in the 90's and it sounds like we don't do that anymore as you say "The late 90s' was a different era than today...thats for sure." My question is why is that a bad thing?

At GT professors are required to make available old tests. From the GT honor code:

"Faculty members are expected to create an environment where honesty flourishes. In creating this environment, Faculty members are expected to do the following:
Provide copies of old exams or lists of sample questions to the Georgia Tech library for Students to review"

So having an old version of the test is not cheating. If the professor does not change the content of the test from year to year that is their problem.

My question is why is that a bad thing?

Because college football is a business now and if we fail at that business it could adversely impact the institute. Therefore we should either get in the game or get out of it (Ivy, drop a division, etc.).

I don't entirely believe that but I think that answers why the more stringent academic restrictions can be a bad thing.

At GT professors are required to make available old tests. From the GT honor code:

So having an old version of the test is not cheating. If the professor does not change the content of the test from year to year that is their problem.

That's what I thought as well. I remember having copies of old tests and receiving info regarding what was gonna be on upcoming tests. Maybe I was cheating. :turbonoes:

Because college football is a business now and if we fail at that business it could adversely impact the institute. Therefore we should either get in the game or get out of it (Ivy, drop a division, etc.).

I don't entirely believe that but I think that answers why the more stringent academic restrictions can be a bad thing.
The past has also shown a horrid record for graduating players. Since putting more "stringent academic restrictions" in place, we have graduated, or have on track to graduate, everybody. (I'm using CPJ's recruiting classes as evidence. Iirc, all of his first class graduated or transferred in good standing and all subsequent players are on track to graduate.)

This is more than a feather in GT's cap. It is a product of NCAA requirements. So one could argue our "stringent academic restrictions" are necessary to comply with NCAA APR regulations.

That's what I thought as well. I remember having copies of old tests and receiving info regarding what was gonna be on upcoming tests. Maybe I was cheating. :turbonoes:

What you remember isn't old or new, it's more like, forever. No, we didn't do anything unusual in the late 90's in ref to exams. Your memory would be accurate for the 60's and 70's for sure. What was different in the late 90's vs today was number of exceptions.

The past has also shown a horrid record for graduating players. Since putting more "stringent academic restrictions" in place, we have graduated, or have on track to graduate, everybody. (I'm using CPJ's recruiting classes as evidence. Iirc, all of his first class graduated or transferred in good standing and all subsequent players are on track to graduate.)

This is more than a feather in GT's cap. It is a product of NCAA requirements. So one could argue our "stringent academic restrictions" are necessary to comply with NCAA APR regulations.

Was this an ability to do the work issue or a monitoring/response issue?

Wouldn't CPJ's present record graduating players/monitoring academic standing serve as evidence we can handle more "borderline" guys?

Really? I had no idea this thread was a fat chick.

:lol:

it is as annoying as sitting next to one on a plane. excuse me, could you please keep your arm folds on your side of the armrest? thanks

Just to clarify, there's a difference being an exception versus being qualified. You can take all the appropriate course work to be accepted into Tech but not have the grades. If you are accepted, that is an exception. If you don't have the coursework, then you cannot be accepted.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong but Hall did not take the required coursework.

half the reason people join fraternities is because of their "word" files. "word" files are old tests, they help learn how and what a professor will test

while i do believe that Tech has participated in some of the unsavory things that we accuse other "factories" of on occasion, i daresay that Tech has not made it a practice to behave this way

cheating, making things easy, having a word with the prof, etc may all occur on occasion, that is to be expected - but i dont think as an institutionalized behavior.

it is a different world than the late 90s both in the strictness in enforcement, as well as the spread of information and lastly also in terms of academic requirements on the athlete

anyone that is using the 90s as a template of how we should do it is sadly lost in the past

Last edited:
half the reason people join fraternities is because of their "word" files. "word" files are old tests, they help learn how and what a professor will test

while i do believe that Tech has participated in some of the unsavory things that we accuse other "factories" of on occasion, i daresay that Tech has not made it a practice to behave this way

cheating, making things easy, having a word with the prof, etc may all occur on occasion, that is to be expected - but i dont think as an institutionalized behavior.

it is a different world than the late 90s both in the strictness in enforcement, as well as the spread of information and lastly also in terms of academic requirements on the athlete

anyone that is using the 90s as a template of how we should do it is sadly lost in the past
In my day (at other institutions, I am not a Tech alum) there were also "cooks" -- cribbed lab reports/results

I mostly used the word as study material. most of the word I found were tests from many years ago from professors that weren't necessarily there. it was nice seeing how it was graded and how to do things, but it didn't give much indication of what would be on the tests.

I had professors that would release past tests, but it seemed like the ones they gave were always much harder than their previous tests.

I mostly used the word as study material. most of the word I found were tests from many years ago from professors that weren't necessarily there. it was nice seeing how it was graded and how to do things, but it didn't give much indication of what would be on the tests.

I had professors that would release past tests, but it seemed like the ones they gave were always much harder than their previous tests.

It depends, I've definitely gotten hold of some word that was VERY identical to the actual test. They maybe just switched the sequence of some words to make the answer different.

It depends, I've definitely gotten hold of some word that was VERY identical to the actual test. They maybe just switched the sequence of some words to make the answer different.

Some professors are lazier than others.

Back