Jerry Howard, Lucss Johnson & other transfers

No, it was the winning. I guess I’m in the minority here, I like winning more than I like losing.
DC1279F3-19A9-4A2E-A686-90A3EEAC18BD.jpeg

No , I was not trying to say these transfers were huge losses just wanted to share how they are faring these days.
Seems any positive post about former players is taken as a slam against the current coaching staff & that is not what I was doing.
A 9-29 record will upset some of the faint of heart....or not.
The posts you have liked in this thread sing a different song.

Oh please your reading & comprehension skills are sorely lacking.A lot of the players mentioned in that article are making significant contributions at their new schools. I never insinuated Collins ran off talented players. That was an assumption on your part.
Having said that I don't have to post anything to make Collins or his staff look bad...they are doing that on their own.
Lot of Collins fans seem awfully touchy . Must have something to do with the 9 & 29 record.

you argued the cupboard wasn’t bare because a bunch of our transfers are backups on bad teams in bottom feeder conferences.

in addition to being a transparent attempt to make things look worse by insinuating Collins ran off talented players you also made perhaps the dumbest argument in the history of this board. A truly monumental achievement.
Hell, I wanted Lucas Johnson to start here and thought he might be what Collins needed. Sims is vastly superior to Lucas Johnson. Lucas looked good because he was the best QB we had, when Collins took over, out of our option QB's. That was mainly because Lucas didn't really fit CPJ's offense anyway. Wasn't big and strong like Nesbitt, wasn't blazing fast like JT5. He threw a pretty good ball compared to what we had available.

However, Sims is a superior athlete and QB.

Oh please your reading & comprehension skills are sorely lacking.A lot of the players mentioned in that article are making significant contributions at their new schools. I never insinuated Collins ran off talented players. That was an assumption on your part.
Having said that I don't have to post anything to make Collins or his staff look bad...they are doing that on their own.
Lot of Collins fans seem awfully touchy . Must have something to do with the 9 & 29 record.
I guess you can just take the rest of the season off and maybe arrange something for you and your merry band of douchebags to do. I suggest a circle jerk with you as the pivot man.

I like that type of article; nothing wrong with it and it is fair and good thing to write about.

A few of them could have helped this GT team but you also need room for younger guys.
I do find it interesting that no one has left and been successful at another power 5 program yet. Now it could still happen but just by the odds, you figured it would have happened by now.
I think this was true during Johnson’s era but Lee did do great at a lower level. I think Gailey had a couple of transfers that ended up being players.

I guess you can just take the rest of the season off and maybe arrange something for you and your merry band of douchebags to do. I suggest a circle jerk with you as the pivot man.
I suggest you try to grow up & not use junior high school terminology in your posts.
You obviously are pro CGC & that is fine with me, to each his own. Rather than put forth reasons as to why you are supportive of a staff that continues to fail you resort to sophomoric personal attacks.

Your quote was
Seems the cupboard was not as bare as some think

The article suggests the exact opposite of that based on the schools most of these guys ended up at, not to mention several who unfortunately found no takers at all. You came in looking for this argument. Nobody wants to put our former players down and I am sure we all wish them success wherever they go. But facts are facts and Collins did not inherit a Power 5 caliber roster. The very article you decided to bring up demonstrates that and you're mad people made the obvious conclusion.

Last edited:
Of all of the players on the list, Chico Bennett was the player I thought would have a solid career on The Flats. Hated to see him go, particularly to a Coastal opponent.

I suggest you try to grow up & not use junior high school terminology in your posts.
You obviously are pro CGC & that is fine with me, to each his own. Rather than put forth reasons as to why you are supportive of a staff that continues to fail you resort to sophomoric personal attacks.
Remember, there has to be three data points to make the circle. Two is just a line.

So is it his 72 yards passing against Air Force or 44 against Utah that impressed you so much?

That team is having a very good season but it must be because of the team and competition and not the QB. And as others said, he didn’t go in and start. I’m happy that he found a good fit and is contributing. He was always a good guy and played hard. Sims is easily a better player.
No, 7-0 is the impressive stat. There apparently wasn’t any coach nor was Lucas fixated on getting Lucas enough pass yards, all focus was on getting the 7 while keeping the zero.

You’re glad our HC and OC goes after stats instead of wins? I’m happy for you. Makes the losing that much easier to swallow.

No, 7-0 is the impressive stat. There apparently wasn’t any coach nor was Lucas fixated on getting Lucas enough pass yards, all focus was on getting the 7 while keeping the zero.

You’re glad our HC and OC goes after stats instead of wins? I’m happy for you. Makes the losing that much easier to swallow.

Lucas has played sparingly this year. You don't think there are other reasons why SDSU might be winning? You think we could just swap QB's with them and be 7-0 too? You aren't making any sense and you're doubling down on it.

Holy öööö all of this is so stupid. Keep strawmanning Lib, keep strawmanning.

Lucas has played sparingly this year. You don't think there are other reasons why SDSU might be winning? You think we could just swap QB's with them and be 7-0 too? You aren't making any sense and you're doubling down on it.

San Diego State has the #5 total defense. But they are 100% 7-0 because of Lucas Johnson and his 4.5 yards per pass.

He is trying to throw Collins under the bus best he can.

Back