Jerry Howard, Lucss Johnson & other transfers

You also seem to like being a moron.
Yes, I’m I a “like winning more than losing” type moron. I should be “normal” and lie down next to losses, but quite frankly I like winning, expensive toys and hot chicks more than I like losing, minivans and heifers. You do you, I’ll do me. Call me crazy, but nothing rocks my boat like a huge win against a top notch opponent and retiring to a nice hotel room with something worth waking up next to. Keep the feed bag full brother!

doing pretty good at their new schools
Neutral

I counted 6 or 7 doing well at D1 schools.
Seems the cupboard was not as bare as some think
Agenda

A 9-29 record will upset some of the faint of heart....or not.
Agenda

Having said that I don't have to post anything to make Collins or his staff look bad...they are doing that on their own.
Lot of Collins fans seem awfully touchy . Must have something to do with the 9 & 29 record.
Agenda

I suggest you try to grow up & not use junior high school terminology in your posts.
You obviously are pro CGC & that is fine with me, to each his own. Rather than put forth reasons as to why you are supportive of a staff that continues to fail you resort to sophomoric personal attacks.

I will agree you don't resort to junior high school insults. You've graduated to passive-aggressive high school level

Jerry Howard, Lucss Johnson & other transfers

For the love of God if you're going to use former players to push your agenda can you at least spell all their names right in the title

Yes, I’m I a “like winning more than losing” type moron. I should be “normal” and lie down next to losses, but quite frankly I like winning, expensive toys and hot chicks more than I like losing, minivans and heifers. You do you, I’ll do me. Call me crazy, but nothing rocks my boat like a huge win against a top notch opponent and retiring to a nice hotel room with something worth waking up next to. Keep the feed bag full brother!
We all like winning, but most of us aren't huge dumbasses like you. But it's a free country, and you can be as stupid as you want.

Everyone likes winning, but you seem to think we would be winning more if we brought back the players we had when we were 3-9. It's a bizarre take.

Everyone likes winning, but you seem to think we would be winning more if we brought back the players we had when we were 3-9. It's a bizarre take.
He's another of those morons who come out of their roach-infested Motel 6 rooms to piss and moan whenever the team loses. When we win, and it'll be soon, he'll crawl back there never to be seen again.

CGC hasn't won more than 3 in a season, so I'm confused by the point you're trying to make. Some of the guys mentioned were from years that we actually won more than that, hence the pushback against the "bare cupboard" stuff.

The issue is more complex than the cheap sniping that even I've been a part of, but your response doesn't make any sense to me.

Have any of the transfers landed on P5 teams since PJ retired, besides Braun? Am I missing anyone?

He's another of those morons who come out of their roach-infested Motel 6 rooms to piss and moan whenever the team loses. When we win, and it'll be soon, he'll crawl back there never to be seen again.
If we had UNC's roster, I would be pretty upset with only 3 wins. I can look down our roster and say "not there yet" at several positions. I do like the big OL and DL we have in the upcoming class and the QB we are getting, if things go as scripted with Sims and Peery, should be able to come in and learn and get ready for his turn.
Sims, to his credit, was thrown in after a few weeks of practice as an incoming freshman. That says a lot about where our QB's were.
I hope to see big Battleship type DL and Nat Dorsey type OL coming into GT.

Have any of the transfers landed on P5 teams since PJ retired, besides Braun? Am I missing anyone?
Some on the board were convinced Braun was a first or second round pick that got away. I think he ended up being "OK" at Texas.

CGC hasn't won more than 3 in a season, so I'm confused by the point you're trying to make. Some of the guys mentioned were from years that we actually won more than that, hence the pushback against the "bare cupboard" stuff.

The issue is more complex than the cheap sniping that even I've been a part of, but your response doesn't make any sense to me.

The losses we are getting now is paying the piper for going to the 3O 13 years ago.

The losses we are getting now is paying the piper for going to the 3O 13 years ago.

I keep hearing this theory, but I don't see the proof yet. So far the data indicates that either Collins can't recruit or can't coach.

Just a reminder we were:

#115 in returning offensive production in 2019. A good chunk of that returning production was a QB who couldn’t throw and would not pitch.

#97 in returning defensive production in 2019 from a godawful defense

It’s like people don’t realize there was a reason Johnson retired. Things were trending badly and he got out before he had to deal with it.

I keep hearing this theory, but I don't see the proof yet. So far the data indicates that either Collins can't recruit or can't coach.
His first class of his recruits are now redshirt freshmen and sophomores.

So look at the roster left behind, most specifically both lines, and ask yourself which of those players would be in the two deep at other ACC or SEC schools not named Duke or Vanderbilt. Hell, looks at the upper class guys now who aren’t transfers and ask the same. There are very few of them.

I’ve said this before, but it bears repeating here. CPJ was a better x and o coach. He was, to an extent, able to have success without the top players. Credit to him, but he was also seeing diminishing returns. Collins undoubtedly wants to out man people hence the huge focus on turning over the roster. That’s not to say he can’t coach, but what he wants to do is more player dependent than Johnson.

If we had UNC's roster, I would be pretty upset with only 3 wins. I can look down our roster and say "not there yet" at several positions. I do like the big OL and DL we have in the upcoming class and the QB we are getting, if things go as scripted with Sims and Peery, should be able to come in and learn and get ready for his turn.
Sims, to his credit, was thrown in after a few weeks of practice as an incoming freshman. That says a lot about where our QB's were.
I hope to see big Battleship type DL and Nat Dorsey type OL coming into GT.
We are on a sharp upward trend. Anyone who doesn’t see that is willfully stupid.

Back