Jimbo Ded (maybe?)

A&M went for the home run in Jimbo, that didn’t work. Now they’re paying stupid buyout money, but I can’t imagine they’d pay a huge buyout to go for a sensible option. They want the grand slam name, the coach that will be the last piece of their natty puzzle.
Really, they are U(sic)Ga circa 2016- everything is there to win, they have money, facilities, deep recruiting state, huge fan base, the HC is the only thing left.

And he did the one thing you knew he could: recruit.

It is near impossible to guarantee consistent winning. It is hard to do and there are so many variables.

And the problem is you are paying coaches so much guaranteed money that it is FU money and the AA has zero control over them.

A&M AA: Hey Jimbo, you need to hire a new OC and let him run the show.

Jimbo: FU

* Could you please let a new guy help you on Offense

Jimbo: FU

* Could yo…

* FU

This is pretty good. Spot on accuracy.

A & M’s problem is that in their state only 100 miles away is the University of Texas which has as much or more money and facilities etc. than they have.
Bingo.

Same delusions of glory as the ever-delusional Auburn fans, and the same problem. They seem to think they should be a national player when they are always and ever only second rate in their home state.

Supporters of both programs should be satisfied with 8-4, very happy with 9-3, and delirious with anything better than that - especially if it also involves beating their big brother. Consistent national title contenders? :rotfl: Fantasyland. When is the last time A&M was in the national championship picture? Before WWII.

This is pretty good. Spot on accuracy.

Bingo.

Same delusions of glory as the ever-delusional Auburn fans, and the same problem. They seem to think they should be a national player when they are always and ever only second rate in their home state.

Supporters of both programs should be satisfied with 8-4, very happy with 9-3, and delirious with anything better than that - especially if it also involves beating their big brother. Consistent national title contenders? :rotfl: Fantasyland. When is the last time A&M was in the national championship picture? Before WWII.
They were actually 10-0 and ranked number 2 in 1975 I think and lost to Arky in Little Rock 31-6. It was glorious.

I thought Geoffy was more than $10 million.

FB_IMG_1699925949507.jpg

And the guy won a title several years ago. The only real achievement you can get beyond that is to spend a few years semi-coaching a place with oil-rich boosters and walk away with more money than Deion Sanders' entire net worth.

I hope he gets another coaching job. I'm pretty sure I don't want any part of the impending Jimbo/Mullen combo on E$PN

Just think... JF gets almost $26,352 every day for the next 8 years, just for waking up in the morning! :eek:

Back