Jimbo Ded (maybe?)

$76 million. Let that sink in. Tech can barely afford to pay a coach $4 million to actually coach, and they're gonna pay a guy with a winning record $76 million to go öööö himself. In your wildest ayahuasca-induced hallucinations do you think you could imagine Tech paying a coach $76 million to just go away?

Are we really playing the same game as these guys anymore???

The really interesting thing to me has been reading the comments from their AD, Ross Dork - I mean, Bjork. This guy is either the biggest con artist in the history of American athletics, or completely ööööing delusional - I can't tell which. His statements are jaw-dropping. He HAS to be the next one out the door if there is ANYONE at A&M left with any sense. But he certainly seems to be totally oblivious to that even being a possibility.

After this debacle, I can't believe that their fan base would settle for Petrino. What would be GREAT is if Kraft kicks Belicheat to the curb and they snap him up with a big bucks deal. Doubt it would happen, but it would be great fun to watch. But If I had to bet, I think they would be looking at Urban Meyer. He already has three Natties at two different schools, he's rested, and he's still in his 50s.

A&M went for the home run in Jimbo, that didn’t work. Now they’re paying stupid buyout money, but I can’t imagine they’d pay a huge buyout to go for a sensible option. They want the grand slam name, the coach that will be the last piece of their natty puzzle.
Really, they are U(sic)Ga circa 2016- everything is there to win, they have money, facilities, deep recruiting state, huge fan base, the HC is the only thing left.

1699886766574.png

$76 million. Let that sink in. Tech can barely afford to pay a coach $4 million to actually coach, and they're gonna pay a guy with a winning record $76 million to go öööö himself. In your wildest ayahuasca-induced hallucinations do you think you could imagine Tech paying a coach $76 million to just go away?

Are we really playing the same game as these guys anymore???

The really interesting thing to me has been reading the comments from their AD, Ross Dork - I mean, Bjork. This guy is either the biggest con artist in the history of American athletics, or completely ööööing delusional - I can't tell which. His statements are jaw-dropping. He HAS to be the next one out the door if there is ANYONE at A&M left with any sense. But he certainly seems to be totally oblivious to that even being a possibility.

After this debacle, I can't believe that their fan base would settle for Petrino. What would be GREAT is if Kraft kicks Belicheat to the curb and they snap him up with a big bucks deal. Doubt it would happen, but it would be great fun to watch. But If I had to bet, I think they would be looking at Urban Meyer. He already has three Natties at two different schools, he's rested, and he's still in his 50s.
In one sentence you have provided the most conclusive and accurate summary of all that college football has become. Rhetorically- We are not all playing the same game. This is exactly why it is a false narrative at best to even refer to it as college football anymore. The college part is history. If you look at how much time on this message board (and others) is spent elevating NIL and more money as the main key to success you know the answer. Look at the migration. Great coach on XOs - CPJ. More with less. Kirby hood coach with everything else and more of it. Then a time where we had to place recruiting at the top. What was a great recruiter? The kitchen table speech guy. The good ole boy who sells to mama. The obligatory message on facilities and education and family and blah blah. This still works but ONLY for 3 stars. Maybe an occasional 4. But for the best players Now it is simple. We have more and we pay more and you don’t have to even pretend to be a college student anymore. We know you never were at the factories (wink nod) but now your tiny brain does not even have to waste time pretending. Just play for pay and help us win. I feel like the grumpy old get off my lawn guy again but it sucks to love GT football but hate the big picture of new college football more and more and th road to apathy widens.

A&M went for the home run in Jimbo, that didn’t work. Now they’re paying stupid buyout money, but I can’t imagine they’d pay a huge buyout to go for a sensible option. They want the grand slam name, the coach that will be the last piece of their natty puzzle.
Really, they are U(sic)Ga circa 2016- everything is there to win, they have money, facilities, deep recruiting state, huge fan base, the HC is the only thing left.
A & M’s problem is that in their state only 100 miles away is the University of Texas which has as much or more money and facilities etc. than they have.

So now that Jimbo is released from his contract, it is now bitches, hoes, and strippers time!

As another reference point, the Chicago Cubs just blew away the MLB managerial salary scale with a 5 yr $40 million deal. These guys manage massive payrolls and egos, everyday from Feb 15 until as late as Nov 1.

The really interesting thing to me has been reading the comments from their AD, Ross Dork - I mean, Bjork. This guy is either the biggest con artist in the history of American athletics, or completely ööööing delusional - I can't tell which.

I listened to his GTFO presser on YouTube. Haven’t heard that many buzz words since Scooter was eliminated.

Maybe they will go after Dabo. He seems to be looking for a place that will appreciate him. Or Kirby Smart, who may actually be both the hottest coach in the business under 70 years old and underpaid.
Either would be fine with me. I’d rather them hire Kirby. Wailing and gnashing of teeth would be lovely.

Maybe they will go after Dabo. He seems to be looking for a place that will appreciate him. Or Kirby Smart, who may actually be both the hottest coach in the business under 70 years old and underpaid.
for both Dabo and Kirby A2M would be a step down..Unlikely they spend that much.
both could be inclined to wait and see what happens when Saban retires.

Back