Johnson to retire

RamblinWreck09

Greatly appreciated amongst mid 30s Turkish males
There's so bigcrying afoot, lots and lots of bigcrying...

Last edited:

ibeeballin

Dodd-Like
Thanks.

Any thoughts about your time with CPJ and what the next move should be?
CPJ was cool. Straight shooter. Unlike those guys who are still holding grudges, i took accountability for what i wasn’t doing right in becoming better instead of blaming him. When he arrived i became more structured, organized, worked harder and found myself on the dean list a few semesters.

Unlike others, I’m against throwing the baby out with the bath water, so i wouldn’t be oppose to Bohannon(not a player favorite) or Monken(i was meh on him when he was here), but I’m a fan of the BYU/Taysom Hill/UVA style offense and i believe the transition would be seamless. Satterfield offense is somewhat similar and Clemson spread offense is solid too considering Elliot would run the ball consistently

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
CPJ was cool. Straight shooter. Unlike those guys who are still holding grudges, i took accountability for what i wasn’t doing right in becoming better instead of blaming him. When he arrived i became more structured, organized, worked harder and found myself on the dean list a few semesters.

I’m unlike others, I’m against throwing the baby out with the bath water, so i wouldn’t be oppose to Bohannon(not player favorite) or Monken(i was meh on him when he was here), but I’m a fan of the BYU/Taysom Hill/UVA style offense and i believe the transition would be seamless. Satterfield offense is somewhat similar and Clemson spread offense is solid too considering Elliot would run the ball consistently
Damn. You seem like a good dude.

Womenandcookies

Jolly Good Fellow
CPJ kicked Phil Smith off the team after he was suspended 2 or 3 times.
That makes sense for why the sour grapes, but doesn't explain why the post says "those of that that were already at Tech when he arrived" Smith signed a LOI in 2008, PJ was hired in Dec 2007.

BioJacket06

Dodd-Like

Unlike others, I’m against throwing the baby out with the bath water, so i wouldn’t be oppose to Bohannon(not a player favorite) or Monken(i was meh on him when he was here), but I’m a fan of the BYU/Taysom Hill/UVA style offense and i believe the transition would be seamless. Satterfield offense is somewhat similar and Clemson spread offense is solid too considering Elliot would run the ball consistently
Thanks. I really appreciate your presence and perspective on the board.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
CPJ was cool. Straight shooter. Unlike those guys who are still holding grudges, i took accountability for what i wasn’t doing right in becoming better instead of blaming him.
Respect. I knew a few players who were here for the transition from Curry to Ross and at least one of them admitted to sabotaging Ross' success in 1987/1988. Not everyone on the team can allow a new coach to lead them. That's just the way it is. I expect some transition issues with some of our players next season over this exact problem.

ibeeballin

Dodd-Like
That makes sense for why the sour grapes, but doesn't explain why the post says "those of that that were already at Tech when he arrived" Smith signed a LOI in 2008, PJ was hired in Dec 2007.
He’s trying to speak for a collective. That class of Olineman has an axe to grind with CPJ for some reason. I got an idea why but I’ll maintain the code

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
He’s trying to speak for a collective. That class of Olineman has an axe to grind with CPJ for some reason. I got an idea why but I’ll maintain the code
Is it as simple as the system and therefore coaches demand the OL to be straight up junk yard dogs? Anyone expecting to play patty cake with blocking techniques ain't gonna have fun playing that style of game.

Respecting you need to keep to the code, am I at least within the ball park somewhat?

RamblinWreck09

Greatly appreciated amongst mid 30s Turkish males
You need to maintain the stingtalk code now, dude. It's three fold - 1) post pics, 2) OP's mom, and 3) throw people under the bus as quickly and as often as possible