Johnson to retire

I'd rather Johnson stayed, but with him moving on, I guess I'd rather the offense go with him rather than bring in a different practitioner. Hope all the "dancing in the streets" folks remember how happy they were today while we go 3-9 for the next couple of seasons. :-)

JRjr

Everybody in the CFB world sighing that collective sigh of relief that the offense is gone is making me anticipate laughing in the kind of way that puts people in the grave when we hire Jeff Monken.

Other than Jeff, who would really even want to follow Paul into this situation?

If we don't get into a higher bowl this December, then I hope we are here in Annapolis. What a great way to send CPJ off. Lots of local Navy fans, with no bowl to go to, would come to say farewell to CPJ.

At the end of the game the coaching staffs could swap sides of the field, coats, and shirts.

If the dude needs a top 10 NFL QB to be successful and isn't particularly good at making them, he can remain a former player, thanks.

I specifically said that's what's needed to be successful in the NFL.

Look at the current division leaders in the NFL. Three have future Hall of Famers at QB and three have Pro Bowl caliber young QBs. The other two have Dak Prescott and Mitch Trubisky, both of whom are light years ahead of the guys Whisenhunt had in his last three years in Arizona (Derek Anderson, Kevin Kolb, and John Skelton).

He's done well with experienced QBs (Warner, Rivers) as well as good young QBs (Roethlisberger). The Cardinals gave him öööö to work with from 2010-2012.

Last edited:
What are our opponents going to do with all the extra time they will have not practicing against the option, extra money they spend on option counselors, spending money on scheduling option schools the week before they play us. This is going to impact the economies of multiple states.

Not to mention orthopedic cash flows.

What are our opponents going to do with all the extra time they will have not practicing against the option, extra money they spend on option counselors, spending money on scheduling option schools the week before they play us. This is going to impact the economies of multiple states.
Will Duke cancel upcoming games with teams that run the 3O?

Back