Jordan Yates

With James Graham, Yates, and the Gleason kid from FLA coming in, TO isn't the future of our program.
I think he should've finished vs the Citadel but would rather see Graham out there. The scheme we're moving towards needs to NOT be another goddamned QB Keeper scheme. We've had enough of that crap.

You realize that Yates, Graham, and to some extent Gleason are all mobile quarterbacks who provide a legitimate threat with their legs, don't you? If you hope to never see another QB keeper here, I'm afraid you are in for some bitter disappointment. Out of curiosity, did you complain when Joe Hamilton ran a QB keeper?

You realize that Yates, Graham, and to some extent Gleason are all mobile quarterbacks who provide a legitimate threat with their legs, don't you? If you hope to never see another QB keeper here, I'm afraid you are in for some bitter disappointment. Out of curiosity, did you complain when Joe Hamilton ran a QB keeper?

JoeHam never ran 20+ QB Keepers per game. You gotta let that play go. It's OK to scramble now and then but having it as the primary play is a dumb scheme.

Yes, yes, yes. He's just enough of a passing threat that teams have to respect the possibility, but he's also so versatile that you can hand it off or even split him out wide. He needs to be on the field.

How many other teams could let their QB return a kickoff before the game-tying drive? It sounds crazy, but honestly it's the only reason we even got into FG range. The funny thing is, if you rewatch the play you'll see that the blocking wasn't even good at all. He just made people miss and created his own lane.

Remember a few years ago bama using a Heisman winner on S/T.

Comparing Joe Ham to the way we use the QB keepers is both blasphemy and laughable

The majority of GT Fans didn't want to win this year

I know this because most understood & agreed with the 7 yr contract and most were very much anti "processing"

If we as GT Fans wanted to win this year we'd have wanted the standard 5- yr deal and then told the Staff to process until your heart's content

This is big boy CFB teams that are serious about winning process the underperformers

Urban Meyer said he didn't invest any time in the bottom 10% of his roster, time is too valuable to waste on non-producers

The question is did you want to win badly enough to agree with processing those that don't fit the new system, each GT Fan has to do some soul searching and ask themselves how badly do they want our Athl Dept to win in all Sports

I believe in processing, I think it is a necessary evil in this modern version of CFB
None of this is relevant to what I said. We can do all those things and still try to win this year.

Unless, like some people, you’d like to win some games this year too.

I'd rather do things that will lead to great years in 2020 and onwards rather than worrying about this rebuilding year. I'm not interested in another bowl game like 2018. The Detroit Debacle was an embarrassment. Thanks to PJ, our bowl streak ended in 2015 so another crappy one, while humorous, isn't that big a deal.​

I'd rather do things that will lead to great years in 2020 and onwards rather than worrying about this rebuilding year. I'm not interested in another bowl game like 2018. The Detroit Debacle was an embarrassment. Thanks to PJ, our bowl streak ended in 2015 so another crappy one, while humorous, isn't that big a deal.​
I think we can do both.

With James Graham, Yates, and the Gleason kid from FLA coming in, TO isn't the future of our program.
I think he should've finished vs the Citadel but would rather see Graham out there. The scheme we're moving towards needs to NOT be another goddamned QB Keeper scheme. We've had enough of that crap.
So you trot Graham out in his foot cast, then what?

Serious question about Mr Yates

Had GT NOT given CGC a 7yr deal and forced him to not process and forced him to honor current commits , would he have sought out Yates and recruited him anyway?

For some reason I think that CGC is the kinda HC that doesn't use schollies on 5-10 QBs when it is just as easy to find a QB of equal talent that is 6-2 & up

Back