Jordan Yates

We've gone beyond normal fan think, where the second string QB is always the answer, straight to the forth string QB is the answer
It's what happens when the first three strings are all first string or something like that.

I think that you are underselling how absurd this example is. It's been said by many that he's the best NFL QB prospect since Peyton Manning. He's probably the best high school QB from the state of GA ever.
Sad thing is, he's arguably the best QB prospect in decades, but I don't even think he's the best Clemson QB from Georgia in the last 4 years.

That's a whole lot of words to say "we need to recruit good QBs and not bad ones". I'm not sure who you're trying to argue with - there's not a person on this board who wouldn't take Trevor Lawrence at GT.

Let me ask you this... if the next Kyler Murray wanted to come to GT, would you want us to turn him away?

Of course not

My point is that when we used to take shorter QBs like Joe Ham or Shawn Jones the arm talent was obvious it was clearly P5 arm talent

Now when we take shorter QBs the arm talent is more like G5 or lower

That's what CGC and CDP are facing now a depth chart of QBs that can't even dink & dunk at the P5 level

Our QB recrootin has handcuffed our Offensive Staff

Yes I'd take Kyler but the ball coming out of his hand looks a lot different than the ball that Yates or Graham throws

Of course not

My point is that when we used to take shorter QBs like Joe Ham or Shawn Jones the arm talent was obvious it was clearly P5 arm talent

That's what CGC and CDP are facing now a depth chart of QBs that can't even dink & dunk at the P5 level

Yes I'd take Kyler but the ball coming out of his hand looks a lot different than the ball that Yates or Graham throws
Good grief, will you quit already? How many times have you seen either of them throw the ball? Also, they are freshmen.

Good grief, will you quit already? How many times have you seen either of them throw the ball? Also, they are freshmen.

HUDL and various websites show plenty of Video, plus they show HS FB on TV every Fri in the Metro ATL Area different teams of course, plus they televise the State Playoffs

Guys that have arm talent & accuracy tend to show it by their Sr yr of HS

1 exception, Aaron Rodgers went to JUCO grew 3 inches gained 30lbs of good weight mostly muscle, by the time he transferred to Cal he was a different QB than he was coming out of HS

Maybe GT needs to scout the West Coast JUCOs for QB talent, we might luck into an Aaron Rodgers to offset that Luginbill guy from the Mid 90s

Old TomPhil Collins over here must wake up panting from dreams about 6'5" QB's with rocket arms.

Old TomPhil Collins over here must wake up panting from dreams about 6'5" QB's with rocket arms.

If you've payed attention to our first 3 games you would too, in fact all our fans should

I watch multiple College GM's each Saturday and it seems like 50 teams can find a guy that can sling it all over the yard, but for some reason we can't find ONE

In the NFL Carolina played Arizona yesterday, Cam was out injured so Kyle Allen was going against Kyler, both were at TAMU at same time on the same QB depth chart and both were there in the NFL

I believe we could make a run at the CFP if we could just get a QB good enough to hold a clipboard in the NFL

If we ever found a Daniel Jones look out

Of course not

Kyler Murray was rated the #5 dual threat QB in the country.

Jordan Yates was rated the #6 dual threat QB in the country.

I'm not saying Yates is the next Murray, but he's a talented QB that absolutely has the arm talent to "dink and dunk at the P5 level."

Johnson and Graham also have the arm talent to pass at this level, they just don't have the experience, pocket presence, or playcalling to help them succeed. I know your thing is to act like the previous staff recruited a pile of unusable garbage, but it just isn't true. We've got guys in the program that can be ACC-level starters - they'll just need good coaching and game experience to get there.

Kyler Murray was rated the #5 dual threat QB in the country.

Jordan Yates was rated the #6 dual threat QB in the country.

Different classes yield different relative ratings

In a strong yr for QBs the #5 dual threat guy might be a stud wanted by places like A&M and OU and in another year where the class is much weaker the #6 dual threat guy might be desired by G5 programs where GT was his only P5 offer

Amazed at how super analytical GT Alums are until it comes to GT FB, then they forgo their analytical nature for something else

If you've payed attention to our first 3 games you would too, in fact all our fans should

I watch multiple College GM's each Saturday and it seems like 50 teams can find a guy that can sling it all over the yard, but for some reason we can't find ONE

In the NFL Carolina played Arizona yesterday, Cam was out injured so Kyle Allen was going against Kyler, both were at TAMU at same time on the same QB depth chart and both were there in the NFL

I believe we could make a run at the CFP if we could just get a QB good enough to hold a clipboard in the NFL

If we ever found a Daniel Jones look out
Daniel Jones had a 19-19 record in 3 years as starter at Duke, a school that some of y'all claim had "passed" us in terms of talent. Duke was 27-13 in the 3 years before Jones took over.

Give me a 6'0 guy that makes plays to actually win games any day.

Watson > Lawrence IMO. I've seen every one of both of their games. Lawrence has a MUCH better surrounding cast at every position. He may end up being better, but I haven't seen it yet.

Watson > Lawrence IMO. I've seen every one of both of their games. Lawrence has a MUCH better surrounding cast at every position. He may end up being better, but I haven't seen it yet.
Really? Who was Watson's main targets again?

I like your hedging. Unless Lawrence gets hurt, he will be a #1 pick.

Really? Who was Watson's main targets again?

I like your hedging. Unless Lawrence gets hurt, he will be a #1 pick.
Mike Williams, Artavis Scott, and Hunter Renfrow were his top targets when Clemson won the NC. He had a couple of other good players like Adam Humphries and Deon Cain earlier in his career, but he never played with DeAndre Hopkins or Sammy Watkins.

Lawrence had a more experienced Renfrow, two guys who are basically a faster Mike Williams, and Amari Rodgers who is a more versatile Scott. That's not even counting the 4* and 5* guys on the bench, and an.elite RB in Etienne.

I'm not saying Watson didn't have great receivers, but Lawrence has an embarrassment of riches.

But yeah, I'm hedging. He's still young and probably has a higher ceiling than Watson.

What’s amazing to me is college QBs that have pretty quiet college careers and then get drafted and start in the nfl. I’m looking at you Mitch Trubisky.

Mike Williams, Artavis Scott, and Hunter Renfrow were his top targets when Clemson won the NC. He had a couple of other good players like Adam Humphries and Deon Cain earlier in his career, but he never played with DeAndre Hopkins or Sammy Watkins.

Lawrence had a more experienced Renfrow, two guys who are basically a faster Mike Williams, and Amari Rodgers who is a more versatile Scott. That's not even counting the 4* and 5* guys on the bench, and an.elite RB in Etienne.

I'm not saying Watson didn't have great receivers, but Lawrence has an embarrassment of riches.

But yeah, I'm hedging. He's still young and probably has a higher ceiling than Watson.
Interesting. Did he not throw to his 1st string AllACC TE?

How many 1st Team All ACC players did Watson have around him vs Lawrence?

What’s amazing to me is college QBs that have pretty quiet college careers and then get drafted and start in the nfl. I’m looking at you Mitch Trubisky.

Players vs Systems... Keenum lit it up in Minnesota and they traded him. There was a reason. Trubisky is likely a system guy, too. His future is tied to Nagy.

Players vs Systems... Keenum lit it up in Minnesota and they traded him. There was a reason. Trubisky is likely a system guy, too. His future is tied to Nagy.
Still. I never watched Mitch at unc and thought that right there is an nfl qb. I was shocked when he was drafted as high as he was. I figured at best be was a 2nd or 3rd string career qb.

Back