Kamara

I think his numbers could surpass Anthony Allen, Roddy Jones, or Orwin Smith; if Alvin Kamara would play at Georgia Tech.

http://www.totalfootballstats.com/RushingLeaders_Career.asp?id=82

Those stats prove my point. Jones and Smith were fairly good A-backs and they only totalled just over 1800 yards over their entire career. As a comparison, Dwyer had 3226 yards as a feature back, even though he left a year early.

Kamara would probably be an awesome A-back. I'm just saying he wouldn't ever be a 1000 yard rusher or anything, simply because he wouldn't get enough touches.

According to NCAA rules, if he transfers to a "lower level" school, he can play without a one-year break.

I think if he transfers from Bama to GT, he probably won't have to sit out one year.

jYmqywq.jpg

I find it funny that a lot of you guys think he'd be great at A-back. Weren't you all the same ones thinking that Bostic & Perkins would excell in this offense as well? Turns out our best A-back over the last two years has been Godhigh, a walkon. I'm just sayin.

I find it funny that a lot of you guys think he'd be great at A-back. Weren't you all the same ones thinking that Bostic & Perkins would excell in this offense as well? Turns out our best A-back over the last two years has been Godhigh, a walkon. I'm just sayin.

So, we should not recruit A-backs. Walkons only. I'm with you.

So, we should not recruit A-backs. Walkons only. I'm with you.

Didn't say that, but that seemed to have worked out the last two years. And two converted-from-QB have been better RBs as well (besides Laskey) and they have provided most of the punch as well.

To be a good A-back in this offense you have to block well. Usually, that means blocking a LB that outweighs you by 30-50 lbs. So that leads to the plethora of cut blocks that the A-back do to negate the size advantage. No one wants to come to Tech to do that.

To be a good A-back in this offense you have to block well. Usually, that means blocking a LB that outweighs you by 30-50 lbs. So that leads to the plethora of cut blocks that the A-back do to negate the size advantage. No one wants to come to Tech to do that.

Pass oriented offenses will often expect a running back to block blitzing linebackers that outweigh them.

Zero. Coming from Alabama, I doubt he can spell Kamara without help.

öööö you hillnerds for setting unreasonable standards for our student athletes. You are the reason why Tech sucks at athletics.

I am no longer a fan of this team and I and my entire family are going to burn our GT gear and memorabilia.

amidoingthisright?

I hate to bump an old thread, but now that we've got Clinton Lynch, Anthony Autry, & Myles Autry (All from Norcross), do you guys think there's anyway Georgia Tech is on the radar for Kamara? Does he have the grades to get in?

On his twitter account he mentions Myles, Autry, and even Denzel McCoy, making me think they might be close. And as you guys know - Denzel is still in school here.

Just a thought. Maybe a dumb one.

Last edited:
I hate to bump an old thread, but now that we've got Clinton Lynch, Anthony Autry, & Myles Autry (All from Norcross), do you guys think theres anyway Georgia Tech is on the radar for Kamara? Does he have the grades to get in?

On his twitter account he mentions Myles, Autry, and even Denzel McCoy, making me think they might be close. And as you guys know - Denzel is still in school here.

Just a thought. Maybe a dumb one.

Not dumb, just hopeful. I still think he'd get a buncha yards in this offense. He'd be a great addition to the backfield.

Back