Kamara

To be a good A-back in this offense you have to block well. Usually, that means blocking a LB that outweighs you by 30-50 lbs. So that leads to the plethora of cut blocks that the A-back do to negate the size advantage. No one wants to come to Tech to do that.

This dude named Myles Autry disagrees with you.

Does he have the grades to get ?

The problem with a transfer is that GT has very specific requirements. He would need to have passed two semesters of Calculus, two lab sciences, and would need to have a 3.0 GPA.

The problem with a transfer is that GT has very specific requirements. He would need to have passed two semesters of Calculus, two lab sciences, and would need to have a 3.0 GPA.

Wouldn't the calculus only apply if he transfers to a major where they are required? (survey of calc, discrete math instead)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't the calculus only apply if he transfers to a major where they are required? (survey of calc, discrete math instead)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. For all transfers, Calculus is required (full calculus 1 and 2)

If Allen can make it here from Louisville then it shouldn't be a problem getting him here. However, I just don't see it happening - nothing other than my gut feeling.

So the answer is no.

How did we get the JUCO kid then?

You can take Calc 1 and 2 in JUCO.

If you know at the start of your freshman year that you might transfer to GT, the Calc requirement isn't a huge deal since all JUCO's / colleges will offer those classes (and at a JUCO or a JUCO-equivalent like Alabama, they're not difficult classes). The problem comes in when you decide in your second semester of your freshman year to apply to GT as a transfer. Unless you majored in math or engineering at the JUCO, you probably wouldn't have taken Calc and will need two semesters to become transfer eligible.

Rumor is that he was on campus this week. I think we have a shot at getting him, but it will depend if Clemson has room to take him. We are not on the top of his list.

Rumor is that he was on campus this week. I think we have a shot at getting him, but it will depend if Clemson has room to take him. We are not on the top of his list.

I don't see how Clemmons will have the room. I just don't see us high on the list. I have gotten to the point where I just assume that most athetes are looking for the path of least resistance when it comes to schooling - and that ain't GT.

Do not want. Trouble, Bama scum

Seriously? Close to home was the reason that he gave during his ceremony. He never mentioned football as a reason. For coming to Tech.

So him signing a scholarship to play football and his stating that he would be an a-back isn't a football reason? And doesn't show that he wants to come play a-back?

I don't see how Clemmons will have the room. I just don't see us high on the list. I have gotten to the point where I just assume that most athetes are looking for the path of least resistance when it comes to schooling - and that ain't GT.

I feel your pain. I think we are a hard sell for a guy with NFL dreams. The good thing about Tech is that he can have a bigger impact on our teams success than he could on a team that is pass oriented. Run oriented teams are a minority these days. He will likely get more playing time in our offense than he would at Clemson. I hope we get him, but I agree we are a long shot.

I agree. But the good thing is we have some of his buddies coming here so maybe that might lure him.

Btw why is everyone assuming Kamara would be an A-back? He was 195 out of HS. He could grow into a B-Back.

Btw why is everyone assuming Kamara would be an A-back? He was 195 out of HS. He could grow into a B-Back.

I dont really care what position he would be in our system when he isn't even on our team.

So him signing a scholarship to play football and his stating that he would be an a-back isn't a football reason? And doesn't show that he wants to come play a-back?

Who wants him to come to Tech? Him or his Mom? If his Mom didn't make him play with his brother close to home where she could keep an eye on him I don't think he would be at GT.

Please explain to me how playing A-back prepares you for a NFL career as a slot receiver or an every down back in a pro set? Do we even use route trees?

Back