Kirby Smart to dwagland

While your list of feats is certainly impressive, the 80% mark is a little bit disingenuous. He's truly won the SECCG 33% of the time. But he's won 80% of the one's he's participated in.

Using disingenuous implies that I am smart enough to intentionally obfuscate the truth and not the reality: that I just have a poor mastery of statistics and English.

My guess is that the "big money" dwag boosters are pulling the strings on this one and the AD is between a rock and a hard place. The typical dwag fan is stupid enough to believe the drivel coming out of AD's mouth about hiring a search firm to aid in the hiring process for the new head coach. They didn't fire Richt without having agreed in principle with the next head coaching hire. With Richt's record, they'd look more like buffoons than they already are without having the "money folks" hand picked successor.

This is very similar to why Les Miles is still at LSU. They wanted him out of there, but they couldn't persuade Jimbo Fisher to leave FSU.

AD's hiring search firms is simply the dumbest, CYA behavior. Haden hired a search firm for over six figures, which still didn't find out about Sarkisian's drinking problem in plain view at Washington.

AD's hiring search firms is simply the dumbest, CYA behavior. Haden hired a search firm for over six figures, which still didn't find out about Sarkisian's drinking problem in plain view at Washington.

Maybe we should start a search firm.

It's an idiotic statement to make that a search firm would be hired to conduct the search in the dwags specific case. With Richt's overall record, don't think for one minute that they were dumping their head coach without having their #1 choice already committed to take over. Smart is the only name that has been mentioned repeatedly and the dwag "high rollers" are about to get their wish, and then some. The ante has been upped for mention in the Fulmer Cup, that CMR worked so hard to get away from. The faithful should be proud.

Scenario #2:

Kirby comes in, retains Pruitt, hires Lane Kiffin as OC. They all get caught in a drunken foursome with an underage coed.

If we're hoping for situations like this that would meltdown the program, let's go ahead and say that the coed is Muschamp's mistress. He walks in on this party, and then begins a physical beatdown on all of them.

Will be interesting if Muschamp actually does end up being the DC. Maybe he wants to brag to his grandchildren one day that he managed to coach at every school in the SEC at least once.

What's the dirt on Smart? Is he Joey Freshwater's wingman: Eddie Cleanair?

Nick Saban has Alabama in a bidding war against Georgia to keep the Alabama Strength and Conditioning coach Scott Cochran. Sounds like Kirby might not be leaving on good terms after all.... Very much a dick move to your former employer.

If they swing and miss on Kirby Smart...ooooooo nelly it could get ugly.

This fanbase would get exactly what it deserves.

Please, God, let this fall apart and end up in a month long fiasco, resulting in uGA hiring Chan Gailey.

I wasn't a big tech fan until I enrolled in 2003. who were we considering before settling for Chan?

Saban's strategy is pretty straight forward:
  1. Use talent to win games over less talented teams

Just for grins, maybe we should try that strategy some time..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back